Lodge, you Monster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Matthew is an explosive prop who will be expected to have a more significant impact on a game.
What impact on the 2nd half of the Game did he have when the Sharks started rolling us down field and we capitulated to narrowly escape defeat ?

The only forwards with high ceilings are Paseka and Ola. We’ve got Jake who is established. These three make any 17 in the NRL. From there, it drops dramatically and the rest of the forwards are bench or depth at other clubs.

I don’t think our forwards are suffering from coaching issues. They try hard but don’t have the ‘game’ to be consistently effective. We’ve got Lodge on board which helps but probably need one more decent middle with leg speed to help us over the ad line.
Bully was good last week though and if he can keep that level of intent and good engagement up , would be a big boost to the pack .
Alioia shows in patches and when he is not regularly sidelined that he can play at a competitive and decent level . just need him not so injury prone .
Must be getting close to missing half the games since he has been at Manly or seems that way

I don't understand what you are getting at with that apples and oranges comparison. Kelma is an edge forward and he's been good since returning from injury. I think he will continue to develop and it's not like he is taking up a huge portion of our cap.

Matthew is an explosive prop who will be expected to have a more significant impact on a game. So far he has delivered in spades. I'm very happy we had him against the Sharks and Dragons because I can't see us winning either of those games without Lodgey.

Time will prove whether or not his acquisition is of benefit to Manly.
The true litmus test will be how he performs after he signs a contract. Anything longer than 2 years and he might start to drop off form like most players.

The true litmus test will be how he performs after he signs a contract. Anything longer than 2 years and he might start to drop off form like most players.
He has been outstanding first 2 games and I would go as far as to say we lose 1 if not both without him....but agree maybe keep more incentive style if possible like the 1 year to ensure he maintains that intensity.....really hope he has some help tomorrow against the Roosters pack, who will no doubt try cut off the head of the Snake and take him out.

He has been outstanding first 2 games and I would go as far as to say we lose 1 if not both without him....but agree maybe keep more incentive style if possible like the 1 year to ensure he maintains that intensity.....really hope he has some help tomorrow against the Roosters pack, who will no doubt try cut off the head of the Snake and take him out.
We definitely lose both without him, he was our best forward in two matches we barely won.

Just pointing out that someone winning their first 2 games at the club is a pretty irrelevant stat
Tuilagi was pretty good early, and since returning from injury. I have a feeling he was carrying some kind of niggling injury when his performances were poor.

Just pointing out that someone winning their first 2 games at the club is a pretty irrelevant stat
It's not an irrelevant statistic when said player delivers three standout performances in those wins. Kelma may have won his first two games, but he wasn't in the conversation when it came to best on field. Matthew certainly was. Let's not forget that certain posters on here claimed he wouldn't add anything worthwhile to the club.

What impact on the 2nd half of the Game did he have when the Sharks started rolling us down field and we capitulated to narrowly escape defeat ?
You mean after we lost three middles to injury and the Sharks had all the ball?

Did you even watch the game Bob?

Yes after we lost the three middles because that is when players stand up and make a difference

I did see the game my feathered friend

Time always proves and this time he is up against Benchmark Monster opposition in JWH and Collins
Only 2 days to go for the Big show down
The benchmark opposition aren't doing too well this season.

Perhaps you need to raise the bar a little higher mate?

Penrith are the benchmark - the Roosters are just salary cap sombrero sooks.

The Roosters are the BIGGEST failure of a club this season.

Yes after we lost the three middles because that is when players stand up and make a difference

I did see the game my feathered friend
Then you are aware that we won despite losing three middles and numerous bad calls by the referee. That epitomises overcoming adversity in my opinion.

The benchmark opposition aren't doing too well this season.

Perhaps you need to raise the bar a little higher mate?

Penrith are the benchmark - the Roosters are just salary cap sombrero sooks.

The Roosters are the BIGGEST failure of a club this season.
The Benchmark Roosters props in Collins and JHW are not the reason the Roosters are losing games

The Biggest failure is Robbo who has quality players like Manu , and Tadesco and Keary and smith underachieving

Then you are aware that we won despite losing three middles and numerous bad calls by the referee. That epitomises overcoming adversity in my opinion.
I appreciate your opinion but I do not agree with it
Tough guys stand up in tough times and make a difference
Weak guys stand up and make excuses about refs and injuries
We will agree to disagree

Yep. Love him or hate him, we’d be toast without his input the last couple of weeks. He covered for three injuries throughout the game against the Sharks and covered for Aloiai and Paseka’s non selection last week.

Yep. Love him or hate him,
Lets get this Hate thing in clear Perspective once and for all Feathered friend

Manly people do not hate Manly players
Manly People despise Manly losing
And when Manly players start winning finals and Grand finals
They Win ALL Manly People over

The moral of the story
Respect , and Grand final Success is not given it is earned
1690939212022.png

Lets get this Hate thing in clear Perspective once and for all Feathered friend

Manly people do not hate Manly players
Manly People despise Manly losing
And when Manly players start winning finals and Grand finals
They Win ALL Manly People over

The moral of the story
Respect , and Grand final Success is not given it is earned
View attachment 24542
it’s a figure of speech Bozo; an old idiom. It’s not intended to be taken literally. Im referring to a selection of fans that are well within their rights to feel uncomfortable about having Lodge at the club. Im asserting that ‘all things aside’ he was important in our recent victories, independent of how I or anyone else feels about his inclusion.

All the ball, 6 agains, knock ons.....just lucky Lodge had paved the way dominating early to give us that big lead we just clung onto !
I get shocked ppl who watch plenty of footy could not see Lodge played great and he was NOT the reason the Sharks came back, but he WAS the main reason Sharks didn't Win...WTF is going on ?

It's not an irrelevant statistic when said player delivers three standout performances in those wins. Kelma may have won his first two games, but he wasn't in the conversation when it came to best on field. Matthew certainly was. Let's not forget that certain posters on here claimed he wouldn't add anything worthwhile to the club.
The worry with Lodge was never the first few games. A year ago, he was killing it for the roosters and 12 months later he was out of the side and moved on. He has never finished a contract with a club in the NRL

We can only hope a leopard has changed its spots.

All the ball, 6 agains, knock ons.....just lucky Lodge had paved the way dominating early to give us that big lead we just clung onto !
I get shocked ppl who watch plenty of footy could not see Lodge played great and he was NOT the reason the Sharks came back, but he WAS the main reason Sharks didn't Win...WTF is going on ?
Yep I felt the same but couldn't be arsed spelling that out.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8