Little Gordie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
When Gordie made his break and almost scooted over it was a joy to watch. When he gets in that position more often (and I am predicting he will), he won't surprise himself or panic and ice it.

Lawton/Croker still needed to take the early heat of early game intensity. Gordie is a terrier you unleash into a flock of tired sheep, thats where he seems to shine (at this stage).

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Yep the little bloke added thrust through the middle and have seen zero of this through any other dummy half in recent seasons, plus his defence was great including the trysaver on big Nelson, where he got up sick and sorry, but put his body on the line winning the David and Goliath battle.
Safe to say will keep his spot.

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Yep the little bloke added thrust through the middle and have seen zero of this through any other dummy half in recent seasons, plus his defence was great including the trysaver on big Nelson, where he got up sick and sorry, but put his body on the line winning the David and Goliath battle.
Agreed @maxta. He adds a whole new different dimension to our attack. His defence will improve with time. Will be interesting to see if he retains that bench spot when Croker is back. You would think Lawton gets that spot?? Interesting call from the coach.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Funny how some keep ragging on about Gordie's poor service as if Croker and Lawton have elite service (hint: they do not). Don't get me wrong there are parts of Gordie's game that need work but he is far from a finished product, which is generally the case for most players at 22 years old and after only 5 first grade games

Having Lawton come on after 50-60 minutes to do the almost the exact same thing as Croker defeats the purpose of having a 14, I haven't seen either of them make a run like the one Gordie had on Friday night. Throw in the fact Lawton is leaving anyway and it's such a simple change, we are just going backwards if we go back to the Croker/Lawton combo

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Funny how some keep ragging on about Gordie's poor service as if Croker and Lawton have elite service (hint: they do not). Don't get me wrong there are parts of Gordie's game that need work but he is far from a finished product, which is generally the case for most players at 22 years old and after only 5 first grade games

Having Lawton come on after 50-60 minutes to do the almost the exact same thing as Croker defeats the purpose of having a 14, I haven't seen either of them make a run like the one Gordie had on Friday night. Throw in the fact Lawton is leaving anyway and it's such a simple change, we are just going backwards if we go back to the Croker/Lawton combo
I like Gordie on the bench particularly with a fit Sips, Bully and Brown. Now there's impact for you. Contrary to some of the commentary on here, I actually like Gordie holding the ball from DH for that split second or two.....rather than just a straight off pass off the ground. Really puts the defence in two minds and allows our middles to get that extra roll-on and get the ball at speed...and on the advantage line. Have a look at Harry and Api. That's what makes them so dangerous. Gordie does that.

How can he show what's he's got when he hardly get any game time. Don't forget he was our lower grade premiership winning captain not long ago. Must be a good player for a little bloke to be captain, should give him a chance. Lawton was shocking on the weekend, getting bump off whole game.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
we almost had that, until manase made a stupid decision(according to the courts- don't know, wasn't there).

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
To be honest Dan - not so much, off the ground has a place but hookers are trained in the modern game to play eyes up footy and engage the markers and A defenders to have their forwards charging over the advantage line to win momentum which is as impotant as anything to gain your team go forward and advantage, ala Harry Grant who is the best in the game and rarely passes off the ground, always takes a step to have the defenders locked in before passing....just passing from the ground allows the markers to make contact without going past the advantage line.
Near the try line unless markers are slow off the ground where the 9 should scoot, this is where early service should be promoted to the halves to shift insid that opposition red zone.
you forgot that the really good ones can pass it forward more often than not & get away with it

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
you forgot that the really good ones can pass it forward more often than not & get away with it
They call them 'flat" passes.....but a very good example as there are NOT off the ground but after a few steps to engage the defenders and throw that 'flat" pass to break the advantage line.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member

Really like this point after looking again - makes sense x 100

Eagle 1

First Grader

Gordie has hardly played 1st's, just a couple of 10 - 15min cameos, so it's really hard to get a meaningful read on what we've seen so far.

40+ games before we see his true worth… if we persist? Hope they do, we are a development club, not a purchasing superstars club like the sombrero or donkeys

Eagle 1

First Grader
40+ games before we see his true worth… if we persist? Hope they do, we are a development club, not a purchasing superstars club like the sombrero or donkeys
Broncs don't need to recruit to much tbh, just like Penrith, it's a constant conveyor belt of good junior's coming down the line.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16