Ligi Sao

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
CAMBO said:
Jax24 said:
Congrats to Ligi. Seen him since his days at the Warriors and knew he was destined for 1st grade. Good to see him have a few hit ups and get a taste of the big time. Hope he makesthe most of his chances as I think he has the potential to do very well. Happy him and Peta got to play together in 1st grade. Cool moment for the neph and Ligi all be it 10 mins lol.

You must be proud of Peta mate he has proved this he has first grade written all over
him. I think he will take over from wolfie on that wing next year.

Cheers Cambo!!! Yeah very proud of Peta. He is looking much more comfortable playing 1st grade now, which is natural with a handful of games under his belt. Would love him to secure a 1st grade spot next season if Wolfie leaves. I do like the utility value he brings, so even if he can't gain a fulltime 1st grade spot would be a great backup utility back. Has a lot of talent and potential so if he puts in the hard work and makes the most of his opportunities he will do well. Was very happy to see Ligi make his debut. Saw his potential in the Warriors U20s and NSW teams. He also has a very bright future if he puts the work in and takes his chances when they come. A big solid prop with a big motor. Always makes good meters and has great stamina and some ball skills as well. Really hope both him and Peta are part of Manlys future.

^tell him to pass the ball!

He is going well Jax, and some flashy footwork on the weekend as well (just after he shoulda passed to wolfie).

I reckon it's hard for newbies sometimes, you want to impress the coach so badly and usually that's with the ball in hand. But coaches notice assists as well.

I too hope Peta sticks around, like his uncle on here! :)

Jax24 said:
CAMBO said:
Jax24 said:
Congrats to Ligi. Seen him since his days at the Warriors and knew he was destined for 1st grade. Good to see him have a few hit ups and get a taste of the big time. Hope he makesthe most of his chances as I think he has the potential to do very well. Happy him and Peta got to play together in 1st grade. Cool moment for the neph and Ligi all be it 10 mins lol.

You must be proud of Peta mate he has proved this he has first grade written all over
him. I think he will take over from wolfie on that wing next year.

Cheers Cambo!!! Yeah very proud of Peta. He is looking much more comfortable playing 1st grade now, which is natural with a handful of games under his belt. Would love him to secure a 1st grade spot next season if Wolfie leaves. I do like the utility value he brings, so even if he can't gain a fulltime 1st grade spot would be a great backup utility back. Has a lot of talent and potential so if he puts in the hard work and makes the most of his opportunities he will do well. Was very happy to see Ligi make his debut. Saw his potential in the Warriors U20s and NSW teams. He also has a very bright future if he puts the work in and takes his chances when they come. A big solid prop with a big motor. Always makes good meters and has great stamina and some ball skills as well. Really hope both him and Peta are part of Manlys future.
hey mate,you have every right to be proud,and I hope he wears our maroon and white for years to come,he is a great kid,with heaps of talent

you know this thread cant be ratified till Darren has had his say,lol,ahh thats right school is back,lol,no more free time for Darren and Jace,lol

I agree re Hiku offering utility value - the way he handled centre ( very tough position for rookies ) suggests to me he could be used as a bench utility to cover many spots. Fullback/Wing/Centre and I wonder if he could cover hooker or 5/8 too for short periods in an emergency. Just looks the type. You never know where his chance will come - talented player no question.

Sao looked solid - loved the ball playing. Always looked to have the goods in attack on his lower grade stuff its only in defence he will need to adjust to ( like they all do ).

Thought signs were great for our youngsters.

The Indian said:
I agree re Hiku offering utility value - the way he handled centre ( very tough position for rookies ) suggests to me he could be used as a bench utility to cover many spots. Fullback/Wing/Centre and I wonder if he could cover hooker or 5/8 too for short periods in an emergency. Just looks the type. You never know where his chance will come - talented player no question.

Sao looked solid - loved the ball playing. Always looked to have the goods in attack on his lower grade stuff its only in defence he will need to adjust to ( like they all do ).

Peter Hiku will be our next Fullback. Until then he will be our winger, replacing Wolfie.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Ralphie said:
Peter Hiku will be our next Fullback. Until then he will be our winger, replacing Wolfie.

Reminds me so much of Ridge, and not just because he is a socks down Kiwi either. Something about the way he runs and the way he holds himself with the ball in hand, just feels like looking at Ridge 20 years ago. Can he kick goals ??

Ralphie said:
The Indian said:

Thought Gutherson was the heir apparent.

manlyfan76 said:
globaleagle said:
Hamster Huey said:
Thought Gutherson was the heir apparent.

Well, you know what they say HH: Heir today, gone tomorrow!

From having a crappy day to bursting out laughing in sentence! Thanks GE.

Happy to help :) Laughing >> not laughing.

(As I'm trying to remind myself after the soo result.)

Reckon Ligi should get a copy of last night's game, and train to replicate Fifita's game. He's certainly got the size/speed.

Fluffy said:
As I said elsewhere he looked a bit nervous and was slowing slightly when hitting the line yet he still made 10m every run. So will get better with confidence and time.

Definitely has a future in the NRL.

Yes I noticed this too. I just wish these props would run straight and hard. Fifita was doing it in origin last night as well. Lawrence has also started doing the same thing in recent weeks. I just don't get it. How else are you meant to bend the line?

The thing with Sao was that he is fast off the mark and can make a huge impact in this way. I watched a couple of NYC Warriors games after we signed him last season and was impressed by this very thing. I didn't see evidence of this in his game on Monday. Lawrence is also renowned for his speed off the mark and should be doing the same thing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6