Liam Foran!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I saw him once or twice on tv playing for Storm when Smith was on rep duties, they used him at hooker. The reason he left Storm was probably because he was behind Smith (and Cronk as a half), rather than because he couldn't play. And I guess it just didn't quite work out at his last club. He obviously has some ability and this might prove to be a very canny signing.

seaeagles4life link said:
Long time lurker here guys, but as my first post i thought i might aswell comment on the liam foran signing. I went to school with the two brothers, kieran a year below and liam a year above. i was young for my year so i have played a bit of club footy with kieran, definately rated him a better than his brother as it is obvious now as he is the one who cracked first grade. i cant claim to be best mates with them but i thought kieran was a top bloke.

liam, kieran and mitch pearce are pretty good mates and while the combo of the three were in our school team we were undefeatable. i think liam and pearce played in the halves while kieran played lock or centre from memory (though at the time kieran would have only been 15/16 playing against 17/18 yr olds). Australian schoolboys soon picked up the three of them. So liam definately has some talent but i think he lacked a bit of size and edge that his brother has gained. But they are pretty close and know each others gameplay so if liam can crack a spot with kieran in the halves then i reckon they could be a good combo.
Welcome seaeagles4life and thanks for this interesting insight into the Foran brothers.

I'm happy if we've signed Liam, and indeed re-signed Keiran. It's all good for us for the reasons already outlined.

However, the worst part about all this is no announcement by Manly, not even in normal email newsletters to members. Just hidden in a quote in the paper. Other clubs would be proud to make such an announcement. Can't understand this continual code of silence by Manly about signings and re-signings!

ALinda link said:
[quote author=seaeagles4life link=topic=185936.msg305726#msg305726 date=1289541348]
Long time lurker here guys, but as my first post i thought i might aswell comment on the liam foran signing. I went to school with the two brothers, kieran a year below and liam a year above. i was young for my year so i have played a bit of club footy with kieran, definately rated him a better than his brother as it is obvious now as he is the one who cracked first grade. i cant claim to be best mates with them but i thought kieran was a top bloke.

liam, kieran and mitch pearce are pretty good mates and while the combo of the three were in our school team we were undefeatable. i think liam and pearce played in the halves while kieran played lock or centre from memory (though at the time kieran would have only been 15/16 playing against 17/18 yr olds). Australian schoolboys soon picked up the three of them. So liam definately has some talent but i think he lacked a bit of size and edge that his brother has gained. But they are pretty close and know each others gameplay so if liam can crack a spot with kieran in the halves then i reckon they could be a good combo.
Welcome seaeagles4life and thanks for this interesting insight into the Foran brothers.

I'm happy if we've signed Liam, and indeed re-signed Keiran. It's all good for us for the reasons already outlined.

However, the worst part about all this is no announcement by Manly, not even in normal email newsletters to members. Just hidden in a quote in the paper. Other clubs would be proud to make such an announcement. Can't understand this continual code of silence by Manly about signings and re-signings!
[/quote]

This recruitment team has always kept a seige mentality,Lowe has to uphold the coaches wishes which are not to make a big deal out of everything

People will be doing video sessions in the offseason,take for instance any team playing souths

They will watch footage of Alphie v2,they watch Sutton and then theyll watch melbourne to see Inglis footage,this will in part give them a good insight of the said players favourite plays and will give teams an advantage when playing them,Alphie around the chest,Inglis legs etc

We fly under the radar and thats exactly where Hasler wants us and if thats what he wants,thats alright with me

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6