Liam Foran!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dancing zorba

Reserve Grader
have we signed him? "Newcomers Daniel Harrison (Bulldogs) and Tim Robinson (Parramatta) have been there all week learning the ropes, with another Liam Foran (Warriors) also now joining the club."

You shouldn't get that excited about him.  There is a reason why he's already bounced around a few NRL Clubs and not cracked first grade.  He's just not that good.

Given a chance, he might actually go well. I personally would like to see another set of brothers do well for Manly.

The kid is still only 22, and played in a hell of AUST schoolboys team in 2006, which included Folau, Sandow, Proctor, Pearce, Joel Thompson, Capewell etc. Hopefully under the guidance of Des and being with Keiran he will mature into a solid NRL player with Manly.

he will go just fine, given a good off season ! hes played for the storm and had a few good games there, hes been playing alot of hooker at newtown, but i rate him as a half, hes a good back up utility ! and cheap/young. from what ive gathered.

1.William Hopoate
2.David Williams
3.Dean Whare
4.Tony Williams
5.Michael Oldfield
6.Kieran Foran
7.DCE
8.James Cunningham
9.Matt Ballin
10.Tim Robinson
11.Jamie Buhrer
12.Daniel Harrison
13.Liam Foran

14.Darcy Lussick
15.Liam Higgins
16.Vic Mauro

weve oretty much got 2 teams in our squad this year !

well we alwasy do, it just depends on how good they are.

Quantity and Quality are 2 very different animals. hopefully we can have both.

Masked Eagle link said:
You shouldn't get that excited about him.  There is a reason why he's already bounced around a few NRL Clubs and not cracked first grade.  He's just not that good.

A bit like Glenn Hall and George Rose ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Masked Eagle link=topic=185936.msg305683#msg305683 date=1289514902]

[/quote] Yeah a couple of all time greats there. George Rose he is the most unfit player since David Hosking. I wonder what that genius Singe is doing except collecting a pay cheque

Joe Kramer link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=185936.msg305692#msg305692 date=1289521626]
[quote author=Masked Eagle link=topic=185936.msg305683#msg305683 date=1289514902]

[/quote] Yeah a couple of all time greats there. George Rose he is the most unfit player since David Hosking. I wonder what that genius Singe is doing except collecting a pay cheque
[/quote]

They don't need to be all time greats to play a role in a team. Guess your eyes were closed to how good Hall was for us

So what if he was at Melbourne?  We signed Adam Brown from Newcastle cause he was the understudy to Andrew Johns so he must be good right?

There were rumours he was going to sign for us last year and people were pencilling him in for first grade straight away.  How many people have actually seen him play?

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign him or give him a chance but questioning people who are giving him the no 7 jumper sight unseen.  I'd suggest the main reason people are thinking he's going to be a gun is because of his brother.

He is a competitive NSW State Cup level player but he isn't NRL class, actually wouldn't surprise me if thats the squad we're looking him for.  I can't see him being in our top 25 and 3rd string halfback at best.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185936.msg305696#msg305696 date=1289522138]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=185936.msg305692#msg305692 date=1289521626]
Know my eyes were open and at best he was a good bench player ( that did help us) Those type of players are not hard to come by they are a dime a dozen. the problem with our sqad at the moment is it is getting loaded with bit players. The truth is if we had the money to spend ( don't give me the party line about the cap) we would go over the cap ( legally) ofcourse like all teams that are succesful do. The only supporters who complain about clubs breaking the cap are one's like us who don't have the money or the owners won't spend anymore.
[/quote]

They don't need to be all time greats to play a role in a team. Guess your eyes were closed to how good Hall was for us
[/quote]

This answers the question of who have we got in case DCE gets injured.

Foran & Riccardi will be good competition for one another & provide options in case DCE cops an unfortunate injury.

I'm excited by the prospect of next years team. It'll be great to see some yung guys get their shot. Personally I much prefer seeing all these young guys come through the grades & stay rather than seeing them all go elsewhere because we've bought some 30 something year old instead.

The thing that would hurt the most would be seeing a kid that's come through our system go to another club & end up in SOO or the Kangaroos.

A bit of competition for the halfback spot wont hurt us.
Liam Foran will be a good addition to the squad, he adds utility value and may come off the bench if he doesn't get first shot at the halfback spot. This should also ensure Killer can stay in the centres if injuries hit us. I also believe Keiran will have a better year having his brother at the club. I know how badly he wants to play first grade with his brother, and he really idolised the Johns brothers at Newcastle.

Exciting times ahead!!!

Good points King...I remember a few years back Andrew Johns saying how the Foran brothers could emulate him and Matt. That'd be awesome! And Killer will play centre all year, fantastic!

Long time lurker here guys, but as my first post i thought i might aswell comment on the liam foran signing. I went to school with the two brothers, kieran a year below and liam a year above. i was young for my year so i have played a bit of club footy with kieran, definately rated him a better than his brother as it is obvious now as he is the one who cracked first grade. i cant claim to be best mates with them but i thought kieran was a top bloke.

liam, kieran and mitch pearce are pretty good mates and while the combo of the three were in our school team we were undefeatable. i think liam and pearce played in the halves while kieran played lock or centre from memory (though at the time kieran would have only been 15/16 playing against 17/18 yr olds). Australian schoolboys soon picked up the three of them. So liam definately has some talent but i think he lacked a bit of size and edge that his brother has gained. But they are pretty close and know each others gameplay so if liam can crack a spot with kieran in the halves then i reckon they could be a good combo.

This was a very smart decision by both Liam and Manly:

Manly: It will ensure we keep Kieran as he always wanted to paly alongside his brother in first grade. It also gives us a quality backup if DCE or Kieran are injured.

Liam: At the Roosters Liam was the 4th string Half behind Pearce, Carney and Anasta (I thought it was 5th string but couldn't think of the 5th player above him). Moving to Manly could make him 3rd string at worst with a possible 2nd string position if Riccardi isn't up to scratch. At Warriors he would have been 3rd string at best.

I see nothing but good things from this. As said before, he is also cheap and has that schoolboy experience that some other greats at his age were a part of...plus wouldn't it be awesome if we were to win a grand final with the Foran brothers, especially with them both being so young.

This is a terrific move. If Liam is going to make it then this is probably his last chance and with the inspiration of his brother alongside him I think these 2 may well blossom into a quality partnership at 6 & 7. DCE is a great prospect too but is unproven at first grade. The idea here is to groom and develop all these young guys to lead us back to the top and i am sure Des feels these lads can do it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4