Let young players - make their OWN names

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I know ppl love to rate youngsters coming through who have potential to be the "Next big thing"
But FFS, let them be their own player....
There's a young bloke "Pezet" making his halfback debut for Storm and already being compared to an Immortal and 1 of the Best to ever play the game in Andrew "Joey" Johns and media after 1 game with Reece Walsh were claiming him as the new Billy Slater.
Walsh had a sensational game vs Cows and done many things, but played his own style and deserves his own credit in a game where the only similar thing to Slater was he threatened the defence with his speed, Slater actually put himself into the game instinctively with impecable timing and supported running into space, where Walsh catches far earlier and looks to create as a first or 2nd reciever.
I mean the kid could be a Superstar, so let him be Pezet and grow into his own shoe's.....I recall for example our own Phil Blake and many media started calling him the new Bob Fulton, which is a just added pressure to these kids trying to find their way and Blake was a naturally gifted player, but fell well short of arguably the best player in the history of the NRL.

Is that Troy Pezet's kid?

Wait, I can check that myself....

Yes it is!

Gawd I'm old

Mate ... commentators in the school boy comps call every player that can tie their own boot laces ... a future superstar of the game ..

And what'shername .. that host on Fox ... she's never spoken about a player that wasn't a legend .

Last edited:
It's often just a transparent media strategy to encourage you to watch the programs. My gawd I'd better watch this rather unappealing NRL game coming up, it has a guy who may be a future superstar!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6