Leichhardt Oval 16/3/19

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sue

Bencher
Like most on here I’ve had a gutful of

1. His Lordship
2. Dylan’s antics
3. Pre season injuries

Tomorrow fortnight we play the tigers and I for one can’t wait for that little oval ball to be kicked off and all this rubbish put aside.

I think the game will be real tight. They have a cracking backline but early season most teams are rusty so it might not all click. We have a good forward pack who should at least match them.

I’m tipping a close game with not a lot of points scored due to rustiness from the tigers , better defence ftom us offset by our struggles out wide.

We can win this. But our bench needs to lift. Those injuries really hurt us last week.

I’m looking forward to a side who has bought into Dessie’s famous D and who want to make amends for three years of unmanly like performances.Time to put us back on the map!

Thoughts on our hopes?

All I know is I’m as excited as I’ve been for a long time to see our side play.
The Manly is back in Manly now.

I think the two things that really hurt us last year were our errors, and the amount of penalties we gave away. I think if we can control the ball and be disciplined in defence, we will go a long way toward winning this game - regardless of who takes the field for us.

I plan on going to this game. Our recent history a Leichhardt is ordinary to say the least and it will come down to getting our discipline right and expect the inevitable caning in the penalties that we cop for fun these days. I am sure Des will have the team ready!

I was thinking we were a good chance of winning this game but now we’ve lost Turbo, Walker, Tanginoa, Paseka and a question mark over Api.....I’m not that confident now.

I’ll be happy to compete and show some good defensive muscle. A win would be a bonus.

Can’t wait and I will be there cheering them on - without those players out we will more than likely struggle.

After last year just want to see guts and determination from the team, if that means we win well I will be jumping for joy all the way back over the bridge

We don't seem to be able to win a Leichhardt even when we have a good team and are hot favourites.
This season's backline is shaping as the worst in recent memory so, realistically, we will need something special to keep the Tigers' speedy backline in check.
I'm obviously hoping for a win but I reckon we are 4-1 outsiders.

They have some beasts in their backline in Marsters, Nofo and possibly Fonua. All of them are big bodies and physical runners. Will test our edges.

My expectation isn't high given the injury toll. I just want to see a bit of commitment and some structure/game management that we can build off. It'll be interesting to see what a decent coach can do with the side and what sort of style Des brings. I think our strength will obviously be second phase ball from Kapow, AFB, Jake and Sirro - be keen to see the game plan

I think the two things that really hurt us last year were our errors, and the amount of penalties we gave away. I think if we can control the ball and be disciplined in defence, we will go a long way toward winning this game - regardless of who takes the field for us.
Totally agree Indy, we have thirteen players out there, the same number as the other guys. If our boys have discipline, keep a good line (watch the ref), respect possession, step up and support the player either side of them, we're a chance against anyone.

I was thinking we were a good chance of winning this game but now we’ve lost Turbo, Walker, Tanginoa, Paseka and a question mark over Api.....I’m not that confident now.

I’ll be happy to compete and show some good defensive muscle. A win would be a bonus.
I can see your point mate but can you imagine the confidence boost a win under those circumstances would give our team and our young players ?
What a way to start the season !!! We can win this game .

Last edited:
We don't seem to be able to win a Leichhardt even when we have a good team and are hot favourites.
This season's backline is shaping as the worst in recent memory so, realistically, we will need something special to keep the Tigers' speedy backline in check.
I'm obviously hoping for a win but I reckon we are 4-1 outsiders.
You are 100 % right there . We do not have a very good win record at Leichhart but records are mean to be broken . For every reason there is for us to lose there is also a reason why we also can win . We can win this game !

I dont think I am on shift . I should be there . I think it will be an explosive start to the Hasler /Maguire coached teams . I have faith in our big boys getting on top and if we maintain our composure we will consolidate and seal the game .
Our back line may be under strength but our young backs are also very under rated .
We need to win this game and build confidence and momentum for the year ahead .
A strong defensive effort should do the trick and Des has always been solid on defence .

I dont think I am on shift . I should be there . I think it will be an explosive start to the Hasler /Maguire coached teams . I have faith in our big boys getting on top and if we maintain our composure we will consolidate and seal the game .
Our back line may be under strength but our young backs are also very under rated .
We need to win this game and build confidence and momentum for the year ahead .
A strong defensive effort should do the trick and Des has always been solid on defence .

I’d love a win , but if it’s a loss as long as we give it our all I’ll be happy.

I expect we won’t be competitive against the top sides this year but I also expect we will do a lot better than last year.

I’d love a win , but if it’s a loss as long as we give it our all I’ll be happy.

I expect we won’t be competitive against the top sides this year but I also expect we will do a lot better than last year.

There are two types of loses and each play a significant role to a teams season .
One when players capitulate as they did last season . Once you capitulate and open the flood gates there is nothing to build on from there .
The other loss is where you fight till the very end and do not open the flood gates and you show heart for the jumper . With that attitude you do not lose faith but build determination and a will to keep improving
I really believe, as long as we have enough wins to keep up with the Joneses in the top 8 then come semi final time we will be able to dance with them .
Where am I heading with this ? .....
Under Trent as the season went on we regressed . Under Des as the season goes on we will progress

There are two types of loses and each play a significant role to a teams season .
One when players capitulate as they did last season . Once you capitulate and open the flood gates there is nothing to build on from there .
The other loss is where you fight till the very end and do not open the flood gates and you show heart for the jumper . With that attitude you do not lose faith but build determination and a will to keep improving
I really believe, as long as we have enough wins to keep up with the Joneses in the top 8 then come semi final time we will be able to dance with them .
Where am I heading with this ? .....
Under Trent as the season went on we regressed . Under Des as the season goes on we will progress

As long as they hang in there I’ll be happy, capitulation is unacceptable!!

They have some beasts in their backline in Marsters, Nofo and possibly Fonua. All of them are big bodies and physical runners. Will test our edges.

My expectation isn't high given the injury toll. I just want to see a bit of commitment and some structure/game management that we can build off. It'll be interesting to see what a decent coach can do with the side and what sort of style Des brings. I think our strength will obviously be second phase ball from Kapow, AFB, Jake and Sirro - be keen to see the game plan
Am hoping Fonua may be in our team by then .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8