Lehi Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

KaZa

Bencher
From zero tackle

It has been confirmed that Hopoate has signed a three-year contract for the Manly Sea Eagles. A local promising junior, Lehi will be on a supplementary contract in 2025 before moving to the club's Top 30 roster in 2026.

Rising through the club's ranks since the age of 12, Hopoate was a key figure in the club's undefeated Harold Matthews Cup Premiership winning team in 2021 before later becoming the captain of the team.
he will need a first grade contract for top 30 next season. Hopefully we sign him on a long term deal on decent coin to keep the Hopoate clan fed.

Adz

Reserve Grader
Love the way he ran off the inside of Ola to set up the try in the second half.
When you have a weapon like Ola,with those skills,then a smart fullback gets around them to capitalise.
Think he should be upgraded for the next 2 years of his current contract and extended for 2 more to save money for his future contract rather than trying to hold him to his current one,might make sense......

Uk eagle

Bencher
Love the way he ran off the inside of Ola to set up the try in the second half.
When you have a weapon like Ola,with those skills,then a smart fullback gets around them to capitalise.
Think he should be upgraded for the next 2 years of his current contract and extended for 2 more to save money for his future contract rather than trying to hold him to his current one,might make sense......
That sounds good in theory but we all know contracts might as well be written on toilet paper and flushed away. If a player wants to leave they just agitate for a release anyway citing homesickness/personal reasons/mental health issues and they get their own way.

Adz

Reserve Grader
That sounds good in theory but we all know contracts might as well be written on toilet paper and flushed away. If a player wants to leave they just agitate for a release anyway citing homesickness/personal reasons/mental health issues and they get their own way.
So you are suggesting we should just not sign anyone,ever....
Seems like a great idea .....
You sign someone to a contract that is in the ballpark to their ability and they will stay,try to low ball them and you get what you deserve.

Ben

Bencher
A couple points that I feel should be considered for the Tommy switch.

- Over the last few years Tom has averaged almost 2 errors per game. Lehi has only had 1 error in 3 games.

- 6 hamstring injuries in 5 years.

- Averaging 13 games over the last 5 seasons.

- Moving Tom to the centres would also solve our defensive issues caused by Garrick. Pushing Garrick to the wing or out of the side with Talaus form atm.

- I see Lehi a better defender competing to save a try after line breaks and attempts to hold the ball up in the in goal. Tommy is protecting himself and can’t put his body on the line like he once did to compete in an isolated situation.

- We can still have Tom roaming around from centre similar to Manu and Tom’s SOO game plan.

- Lehi has explosive speed and foot work where Tommy relies on a power game to break tackles. That power and confidence has dropped off.

- Tom not wearing the burden and pressure of being the main focal point with his injury history and narrow his focus.

I didn’t intent for this to be a Tommy bashing as he is my favourite player but we are in a unique situation. We really need to find a home for both these guys in the team at the same time. It’s solves a lot of current issues that needs to be addressed.

I really hope we can save his career and make the right call here.

skull61

Bencher
Been withholding judgement on Lehi but in my opinion whilst solid he is a bit small currently and a little slow compared to other fullbacks of his size such as the dolphins or Gold Coast or even the souths fella last night. These guys just gave that explosive speed that young Hoppa seems to lack. Hopefully he can make up for this in other areas of his game but at the moment he doesn’t seem to be an attacking threat. This is not criticism by the way

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Been withholding judgement on Lehi but in my opinion whilst solid he is a bit small currently and a little slow compared to other fullbacks of his size such as the dolphins or Gold Coast or even the souths fella last night. These guys just gave that explosive speed that young Hoppa seems to lack. Hopefully he can make up for this in other areas of his game but at the moment he doesn’t seem to be an attacking threat. This is not criticism by the way
Yeah I agree. Could end up like a slower version of gutho at fb.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18