Lehi Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Lets not forget the rorters are looking for a fullback. Look how they tried to get Ponga out of his contract and how they were chasing that young Atkinson, I wouldnt put anything past them, after all, we cant have the NRL and P Vlandys flagship struggling now can we
Yep, agree.

It's also about time we cashed in on a Hopoate. I am sick of us nurturing them through their junior years, only for them to walk away at the first opportunity.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Strong leadership and management required here. Tom doesn’t look to have too many games left in his body. Time to plan for the future and change tack. Tom’s last line of defence has been feeble. No need to jettison Tom just move him into the centres. Lehi is our future. I don’t believe Garrick is a centre either. Defensively he is targeted and we leak points down his edge.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Hypothetically, lets say Manly do move Tom to the centres and leave Hoppa at the back (I don't think it'll happen but still), at full strength, who misses out? Garrick, Koula, or Talau? I know Garrick and Koula are on serious coin and that says its Talau but he has been one of our best all year.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
I think the most pleasing part with Hopoate so far is his effort in defence. Over the last couple games he’s made some really impressive tackles and been close to a few try savers. Miles ahead of Tom in this regard who wasn’t even in the picture in such situations this year

I really don’t think we are missing Tom as much as some here are saying. We aren’t struggling to score points with or without him, it’s our defence which is the issue and Tom was a non factor there in the first 10 weeks. Obviously would have Tom back at fullback once he’s fit again, but I wouldn’t expect immediate improvements in our results and at some point we have to start thinking long term

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Strong leadership and management required here. Tom doesn’t look to have too many games left in his body. Time to plan for the future and change tack. Tom’s last line of defence has been feeble. No need to jettison Tom just move him into the centres. Lehi is our future. I don’t believe Garrick is a centre either. Defensively he is targeted and we leak points down his edge.
I think Turbo is on too much coin to shift into the centres. I’d put him there temporarily after he returns from injury simply to make sure he’s in the shop window and that we can move him on without picking up freight. That could be too late though, TBH.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
This Hopoate is a keeper. I've watched all the Hopoate's come into first grade but Lehi looks the most naturally gifted of them all. He's played 2 games in the top team and it looks like he belongs.

He's positional plays is awesome, his defence is solid and reads the play very well and knows when to join the backline and create the extra man and score or sets up tries.

JenEagle

Bencher
Apparently manly have done some research on the physical
Efforts required at centre compared to fullbacks and there is little difference so I don’t think we will be moving Tom to the centres at this stage.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Apparently manly have done some research on the physical
Efforts required at centre compared to fullbacks and there is little difference so I don’t think we will be moving Tom to the centres at this stage.
Interesting. Maybe they could move him on the basis of playing crap, instead of risk of injury? 😂

In all seriousness though, who really wants Tom defending in the front line anyway? Not me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18