Lehi Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Yep I didn't think Garrick had any "selfish" plays but he definitely didn't create anything for Saab.
Opposition defenses have clearly been coached to cover the spread and mark the sideline well when the ball goes out towards Saab. Garrick often tries to cut back against the grain to expose the defense moving to cut off Saab's time, rather than throw a hospital pass to him on the sideline.

Hoppa is one of Manly great no doubt bout it. A type of player every team needs, never a backward step against anyone even the Chief said he was glad no punch was thrown after their famous face off. He was a member of our greatest team era of the mighty Sea Eagles of the 90s. We could have won 3 straight Premiership or at least 2 ( 97 ) but got 3 minors I remembered correctly. I got my pepsi gurnsey but couldn't decide who out of all the boys number to put on ( Tezza-Innes-Kosef-Toov-Cement-Spud-Beaver-Gartner-Moore ) with Lyons-Dessie on the bench it was tough, so I settle on 2. I love Ridgie Ditch, he'll 90% make it a 6pts try from anywhere. But I settle on JHoppa number 5 with all the boys signing it including BOZO, it's my prize and joy. Wear it everytime I go to Brookie.

So one premiership in the 1990s outweighs four from 1972 to 1978?

Right…..
I said 1 of Manly great of the 90s era not any others mate read it. And U can't argue with me, any era with a premiership is a successful one and we almost got 3 in a row. I love the Club/Team and all players. Most players ended up playing 2 era to contribute to our Trophy. 90s that's where we starts to see the ROBOTS / PROTOTYPE of giants DFairleigh - BClyde - Menzies - Gartner - Kosef etc. Each era players coaching, science, technology, size, speed, skills and fitness and so on change mate, NO more cans of XXXX or a fag before kick-off. So we cannot compare sportsman, now we have the LAND OF THE GIANTS. Just an example KBousted-JSaab, OCunningham-HOlakuatu, MBella-Paseka, Te kura/Solomona I can go on and make a whole team with about 20cm/20kg taller and heavier and faster, just look at Usain Bolt 6^6inc Paseka's height. So chill out Zarsoff my feather friends, bird lovers, Maroon FOREVER. Check out my team of the 90s, reckon will beat any team of any era...

Ridge, O'Connor, Innes, Tezza, Hoppa, Lyons, Toovs, Kosef, Menzies, Gillespie, Roberts, Spud, Cochrane, Interchange: Hasler, Williams, Iro, Gartner

I'll explain why Ridge 6pts everytime, might not be a Turbo but always safe+ Premiership rings. O'Connor dual international/ back up kicker, Innes international Premiership rings. Tezza / Hoppa / Lyons geez I love this type of players, FEISTY, aggressive, huffy, thin skinned, touchy, fiery, tough, lively, ill tempered, hostile personality. Hate getting tackle or touch always have a come back to anyone, I've a photo a Hoppa vs Chief, Tezza vs Raging Bull on my wall enlarge, and of cause Nappa Lyons always want to fight everybody annoying just like our coach now Mick Innis. Toovs Tough, Kosef skills, Beaver best or top 3 Eagles eva, Cement truck, Roberts / Spuds is 2 of my fav of all time, tough nuts, crazy MTF. And Robbo tackling like RAMBO GIBBS. MCrochrane is Daily M best Hooker / Rothmans Medalist.

And what about the bench when opposition gets tired.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lehi is a first grader with lots of improvement ahead of him. Successful terms don't drag their feet in quick sand when planning for the future. Yes lets see what the next 10 weeks offers up in Turbo's absence and if Lehi continues to take his opportunities then it will be time to start replanning. It would be a huge mistake to drop him back against Penrith and IMO he should start at Fullback whether Koula is fit or not.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Lehi reminds me of a bloke we had who went on a mission...
Big brother Will, who had amazing hands and skills, but Lehi is quicker, I think.
Remember that stunning flick pass for Glen Stewart to score that freakish try in the corner vs Warriors in the 2011 GF ?
Also many moments where Will just looked so silky with time on his side and could catch and pass in an instant hitting his team mates every time....that's what Ive seen from Lehi in younger grades and again in NRL vs Storm.
THere's also an inner strength where both look skinny, yet seem hard to put down and can break tackles with a shimmy, fend and timing....yep I see Lehi like a faster Will in terms of footy ability and remember, Will was rated a Premier player in hot demand before leaving the game, but unfortunately he never came back the same.

manly al

First Grader
Lehi is a first grader with lots of improvement ahead of him. Successful terms don't drag their feet in quick sand when planning for the future. Yes lets see what the next 10 weeks offers up in Turbo's absence and if Lehi continues to take his opportunities then it will be time to start replanning. It would be a huge mistake to drop him back against Penrith and IMO he should start at Fullback whether Koula is fit or not.
Yeah the 2 options if Koula is good to go against the Panthers
Koula to the centres and either Talau or Garrick to the wing with Lehi staying at fullback .
Or Koula fullback and Vagea wing .
i st option looks like the way to go despite Ray's pretty good effort the other night

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
10 weeks??? His injury was only a 7 week injury and it's already been 3 weeks since he did it???

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16