Legends of League Tournament - 18th November (Charity Event)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
haha we would have been happy to sign most of those guys during the last year of Tooves coaching run :rofl:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...t/news-story/9e283ac6274a855b1f9cddf040cb4313

Lyons to spearhead Manly’s charge in Legends of League tournament
Andrew Prentice, Manly Daily
November 14, 2017

CLIFF Lyons scheming with the Steeden in hand before sending Steve Menzies over for a try is an enduring image for Sea Eagles fans.

Thanks to the inaugural Legends of League tournament at Central Coast Stadium, it is on the cards again this Saturday.

Menzies will skipper the Manly squad, who have pool games versus the Nathan Hindmarsh led Parramatta (1pm) and Andrew Ryan’s Bulldogs (3pm).

Lyons has kept himself fit, and despite being the oldest player to grace the field at 56, he is confident of holding his own.

“Mention the word footy and I’m there,’’ he told the Manly Daily.

“It didn’t take much for me to get involved — it is a great concept which I’m looking forward to. “Getting Beaver (Menzies) across the stripe would be nice as well.”

6b34fefb783b3e844e7e7893983a65ad

Cliff Lyons and Chad Randall will play for the Sea Eagles this Saturday at Gosford.
Former Manly hooker Chad Randall will also lace the boots in maroon and white, and he is looking forward to seeing Scott Donald flying down the wing in open space as well as Solomon Haumono dish up some brutal hits in defence.

“It will be great to see some old faces I played with an against,’’ the Sea Eagles coaching staff member said.

“No doubt the competitive nature of some blokes will be on show.

“The prizemoney for the winners ($75,000) is also enticing.”

Other players taking part include the likes of Gorden Tallis and Lote Tuqiri (Broncos), Danny Buderus and Kurt Gidley (Knights) and Craig Gower (Barbarians).

Tickets are available online at ticketek.com.au/legendsofleague

Manly: Steve Menzies (captain), Heath L’Estrange, Chad Randall, Jamie Goddard, Shannon Nevin, Scott Donald, Joe Galuvao, Luke Dorn, Solomon Haumono, Steve Bell, Mark Bryant, Danny Moore, Shane Rodney, Anthony Colella and Cliff Lyons.

The caption under Cliffy's picture in the article is wrong.

If the tournament is played in November, then Cliffy (who is only 16 days younger than me) will be 56.

2016-11-26%2021.04.08_2.jpg

Photo taken following the International Legends of League game at Stafford Park in Hervey Bay under damp conditions on November 26 last year.
Why did you take a cricket bat to the footy @Jethro ? Did you not get the memo or just show up at the wrong ground? :)

* I know its an umbrella. But it does kinda look like the handle of a cricket bat on my phone.

Anyone remember the earlier incarnation of this idea in the early to mid-nineties when they had the likes of Wombat and Les Boyd "running" around?

I think those games were shown on Ch 9 and from memory had some none too small role in the birth of the Footy Show in 1995.
I remember the game well. Was there giving it to King Wally.
It's after the game that I have no recall, after walking the 20 metres into Seagulls and $1 dollar schooners!:sick:
....funnily enough I was there a cpl weeks ago, and can highly recommend the smorgasbord (The Star buffet), sadly no $1 schooners anymore.

Maybe the timing will be a little off sync and the speed down 2-3 gears.... but the magical Cliffy Lyons is guilty of some of the most creative ball skills in Rugby League history and on many occasions it was 1 of the games best ever Attacking weapons -Steve Menzies cashing in for meat pies All day !!
TODAY the combination returns.
Legends of League is being streamed at 1pm today (double check the time)
Is officially being live streamed for those who are keen to see some old legends....these lads plus Haumono, Steve Bell ...even the flying Scott Donald.
Some Top players in Every team so those not working - well worth a watch....

https://www.facebook.com/legendsofleagueaus/posts/434088953654398

Streaming via facebook and website info

Wolfie is commentating :rofl:

LOL SIGNS THE WOLF MAN !

Famous for his unique Football talent and signature caveman beard... David 'wolf man' Williams will add his quirky sense of humour and Rugby League analysis to the LOL commentary team.

Affectionately known as Wolfie... he will add some fun to the sideline and lead the fans back in time to when big bushy beards and crazy mullets were in fashion!

Wolfie is another great 'old school' character that will entertain our fans at the first ever Legends of League!!

Buy your tickets NOW www.ticketek.com.au/legendsofleague

23621349_434313193631974_3163145686634928850_n.jpg

Solomon Haumono,Steve Bell,Steve Menzies (captain),Danny Moore, Luke Dorn,Shane Rodney,Mark Bryant,

Cliff Lyons,
Matt Ballin,

Shannon Nevin, Jamie Goddard,Scott Donald, Heath L’Estrange, Chad Randall,
Anthony Colella

Joe Galuvao (taking the photo ??)

The streaming sucks big time :swear:

They fixed the sound after Randy Lee finished his interview :banghead:

Last edited:
I only recognize Belly Cliffy Beaver and Boxhead.
You can do better than that!
Big Solo back left.
Danny Moore centre at back with Dorn to his right. Stranger with the Mo and Scotty Donald to his left. Is that Chad to his right? Matty Ballin running the water. Shannon Nevin in front of Matt.
Who’s laying at the front? Looks like Anthony Collella?
Is that Jamie Goddard between Nevin and Donald? Who’s the bloke between Boxhead and Dorn?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4