Legal Streaming option

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I went with an NRL Live Pass through Telstra. And I don't even have a Telstra plan with my mobile. Only downside is that I won't be able to watch it on TV.

Telstra gives NRL Live Pass streaming (plus AFL, soccer, netball) for free for all post-paid mobile customers, and all pre-paid mobile customers (who have $30 credit or more).

For anyone who is not with Telstra - you can buy a minimum $30 pre-paid Telstra SIM and activate it on a Long Expiry (6 months) Plan. After the $30 SIM is activated, put it into your phone, turn off wifi, open the NRL app, sign up for the Live Pass through the app, take SIM out and put your main SIM back in and your good to go. The $30 activation credit lasts for 6 months. The Live Pass subscription will last until the end of the season regardless of whether you continue to use the Telstra SIM or how much credit you have left on it.

And a I managed to pick up a $30 SIM a few weeks ago when they were on sale at Telstra shops for only $8 which is a bargain. Also from time to time they are on sale at Coles and Woolies too.

Foxtel Now costs me $44 a month including sport. I have the NRL live pass through Telstra as well but you can't cast it onto a smart TV so you're stuck watching it on a phone,tablet or PC.

I can't believe there isn't an NRL smart tv app you can just pay for.

I use a lighting to hdmi cable with my iPhone and the Telstra live pass. The stream won’t go full screen on the tv. There is a bit of a trick you have to load up the stream and then go back to the main NRL page. The stream minimises when you do this and then if you blow it back up from there it will then go to full screen on the tv as well. That was last year anyway I haven’t tried it yet this season.

I went with an NRL Live Pass through Telstra. And I don't even have a Telstra plan with my mobile. Only downside is that I won't be able to watch it on TV.

Telstra gives NRL Live Pass streaming (plus AFL, soccer, netball) for free for all post-paid mobile customers, and all pre-paid mobile customers (who have $30 credit or more).

For anyone who is not with Telstra - you can buy a minimum $30 pre-paid Telstra SIM and activate it on a Long Expiry (6 months) Plan. After the $30 SIM is activated, put it into your phone, turn off wifi, open the NRL app, sign up for the Live Pass through the app, take SIM out and put your main SIM back in and your good to go. The $30 activation credit lasts for 6 months. The Live Pass subscription will last until the end of the season regardless of whether you continue to use the Telstra SIM or how much credit you have left on it.

And a I managed to pick up a $30 SIM a few weeks ago when they were on sale at Telstra shops for only $8 which is a bargain. Also from time to time they are on sale at Coles and Woolies too.
If anybody is interested, the $30 Telstra starter SIMs are on special this week at Coles for $10.

And even better, you can get 2 months of Kayo Sports for $5. See details here: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/444662

I have just followed your instructions and it works.
Thanks @Rodo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8