Left side defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
How do we always end up short on defenders on our left side?

It's not just this game, it's been happening all year... I dont get why we cant man up and always end up short...

It's not just this game, it's been happening all year... I dont get why we cant man up and always end up short...
It’s been happening for years,not just this season.Taufua has his flaws but the wingers are coached to follow the inside men and in yrs past Walker and this year Parker,are found closer to the centre of the field than the touch line.Not much Taufua can do if he’s under instructions to follow

It’s been happening for years,not just this season.Taufua has his flaws but the wingers are coached to follow the inside men and in yrs past Walker and this year Parker,are found closer to the centre of the field than the touch line.Not much Taufua can do if he’s under instructions to follow
Totally agree... jorge looks worst coz the try is scored on him but he is just tryin to follow his centres lead most of the time...

My argument may seem flawed given Penrith scored a try in the 2nd half down Taufua’s side,but most times when one of the bench 2nd rowers have come to replace glass jaw Parker,the defence on that side doesn’t seem to be as short as it does when a regular centre is there.Maybe it’s due to the 2nd rower not knowing Des’ plan of rushing up so he stays where he is

Has alot to do with your fullback counting numbers mate and calling out.. that.. and just a lack of general communication with your inside man. Elliot out of position as well when he is meant to be covering/ sweeping behind the jamming defence on our line as well

Most tries tonight could of been stopped. Left defence was just ordinary. Rushing all the way in and missing!
Not just on our tryline though either SM... they were spreading the ball 2nd tackle in their own 20 and catching us out... its embarrassing...

Most tries tonight could of been stopped. Left defence was just ordinary. Rushing all the way in and missing!
In all fairness when its 4 on 2 you have a split second to make a decision.. more often then not it will be the wrong one. We were very compressed on our on line. It all starts at the ruck with your A and B defenders

Problem tonight was the energy in defence.

Jorge looked bad, but if you look where Parker is on the first two tries you will see it was not all Jorge’s bad read.

Thompson should be calling the shots on the left edge in defence.

Problem tonight was the energy in defence.

Jorge looked bad, but if you look where Parker is on the first two tries you will see it was not all Jorge’s bad read.

Thompson should be calling the shots on the left edge in defence.
The first try to Staines, Jorge had NO choice but to charge in after Parker as Scorpio had charged in and missed a tackle about 5m to the right of the posts...

The first try to Staines, Jorge had NO choice but to charge in after Parker as Scorpio had charged in and missed a tackle about 5m to the right of the posts...
Agree mate, I was surprised Parker actually got to Staines with the catch up defensive effort, it was not a sliding defence.

Absolute rabble tonight, no cohesion or communication, Jorge comes steaming in and is constantly undone by cut out passes and his vulnerability under the high ball is a problem every game. Its been a problem for years and NOTHING changes!

Absolute rabble tonight, no cohesion or communication, Jorge comes steaming in and is constantly undone by cut out passes and his vulnerability under the high ball is a problem every game. Its been a problem for years and NOTHING changes!

Jorge went steaming in because his centre went steaming in, he had no option other than steaming in.. Did he even drop a high ball in the game? I do agree about nothing changes because the criticism Jorge gets, never changes...

Apart from a penalty try, what type of attack did we, or could we successfully defend on our left?

Expansion, bomb, grubber, intercept, barge, empty hole......?

Why do opposing coaches go to that side? Ask Wally (Taufua, that is.)

It all comes down to communication. You teach that in the u/9S. Who’s your man? Point at him, so there’s no confusion with your team mates either side. As they get older, you can drop the pointing, but the communication stays. Wether you’re playing in the u/9s or 1st grade. We‘ve got limited communication going on in defence right across the park it would seem.

Left defense a problem ? Yes
Left attack a f...ing nightmare.

Yet Suli, the only threat on the right , rarely gets the ball.

Eight tries in total on left and right edges in 12 games.That is beyond comprehension at first grade level for a side who gets talked about as a top 4 threat.The Penrith winger has played 1.5 games and scored 6.

You can teach blokes to communicate and stick to a structure. You can’t coach speed and footwork

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4