Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Left side defence

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Left defense a problem ? Yes
Left attack a f...ing nightmare.

Yet Suli, the only threat on the right , rarely gets the ball.

Eight tries in total on left and right edges in 12 games.That is beyond comprehension at first grade level for a side who gets talked about as a top 4 threat.The Penrith winger has played 1.5 games and scored 6.

You can teach blokes to communicate and stick to a structure. You can’t coach speed and footwork
Yes but if that defence was communicating and sticking to the structure last night Susan then we have a major problem with the structure...

court83

Parker must get a solid 10 hours sleep every night... he's knocked out cold the minute his head hits his pillow.
Gotta be his last year in first grade.
The game has passed Jorge by. He was a solid winger for most of his career, but he can't catch, he can't contest attacking kicks, he can defend against opponents attacking kicks, and now he can't stay on his bloody sideline either... every play he shoots in for the big hero shot and leaves a wide open path to the tryline..
We can't win a premiership with these 2 on the left.. surely there's a few players in reggies that are better options, otherwise what the he'll do we bother carrying reggie teams for.

susan

Agree Frank.

One thing I know for certain from the limited coaching I have done. If you want to play compressed up and in defence it requires one essential thing.outside the obvious good communication. SPEED. And since the six again rule it requires A LOT MORE SPEED.

Not hard to work out what’s happening. Just took a slick side on its game to expose it for what it is.

Last edited:

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Agree Frank.

One thing I know for certain from the limited coaching I have done. If you want to play compressed up and in defence it requires one essential thing.outside the obvious good communication. SPEED. And since the six again rule it requires MORE SPEED.

Not hard to work out what’s happening. Just took a slick side on its game to expose it for what it is.
Agree... this has been coming since the drizzle pulled our pants down at the end of Game 1... the thing is that Tom gave us good cover previously where Elliott is just not as good defensively - he doesnt read the play as well and he doesnt stop players as effectively...

Simonmyers11

Agree Frank.

One thing I know for certain from the limited coaching I have done. If you want to play compressed up and in defence it requires one essential thing.outside the obvious good communication. SPEED. And since the six again rule it requires A LOT MORE SPEED.

Yep, Jorge cannot turn and use his speed or lack of speed to cover slide. Same with Crocker on the inside, very slow.

Walker is a bit of a soft defender in the centres, but at least at 5/8 he jams up and has enough speed never to let a player get on his outside. Unlike Parker, Crocker, Jorge, Elliot. They are just too slow. Speed can score you tries, but also save you tries as well

mave

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Let's gets some blokes with some pace on the paddock then.

Do you have stats to back this up?
Haven't found Wally yet!

However, judging by the comments of many educated forum panelists, currently posting on this topic, I would think that they have watched the same game, and they, as well, haven't found Wally yet!

Members online

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 12 10 1 1 134 21
2 Storm 12 10 0 2 157 20
3 Eels 12 10 0 2 122 20
4 Roosters 12 8 0 4 166 16
5 Raiders 12 8 0 4 43 16
6 Sharks 12 7 0 5 46 14
7 Knights 12 6 1 5 31 13
8 Rabbitohs 12 6 0 6 34 12