Lee man of the series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What figures did McGrath end up with? 5 for?

byso, did he hear what legends of the game like Benaud had to say about Lee's disgraceful act?

I didn't hear it but I could imagine he wouldn't have been impressed.

I can understand why you wouldn't be impressed. But it's sport Mata and no harm was done.

I disagree byso.

Incidents like that do more to bring the game into disrepute than some of the other things that have attracted hefty fines recently.

But because he didn't 'step outside of the rules' he got away with it.

Except that he confirmed he is a prize prat.

Again, for the sake of pointing out defficiencies in your argument:

Do I say that about the following?

Ponting
Gilchrist
Gillespie
McGrath etc etc etc

Well maybe you should - ponting has been in a few situations in the nightclubs around australia in the past.

I didn't see Lees beamer,but if your calls are correct it is a disgraceful act and makes him look pathetic.

Many times in the past I have seen Lee bowl full tosses at the end of the innings and then run down the pitch to apologise to the batsman,seems he can't accept an apology back though

Thats the only one i can think of kiwi.

I think the times you are thinking of apology wise are when he hits them in the head with a bouncer.

Well maybe you should - ponting has been in a few situations in the nightclubs around australia in the past.
Try one situation in Australia & one in India,Fluffy.Both were a long time ago.Hardly a hanging offence.You sound like you are right into the "tall poppy" stuff.Are you one of the narks who want to see Ausralia lose? :x

Was just pointing out to mata that some of the players so not have a perfect record either.

I dont get that then - i was against mata having a go at lee, he pointed out that he thinks others are great and for the other reason he hates lee, not the non qlder issue, i said that ponting was another who has not got a perfect record. Shouldnt you be accusing mata at tall poppy syndrome??

Nup.

The only bad thing ill say about punta at the moment is some of his captaincy decisions have been a little off. He almost seems to react slowly to some situations and that has resulted in some costly overs in the ODI's.

But thats easy to say from the lounge room chair.

I need to stop calling names. As long as you know it just as a descrition, not intended towards you.

I just can't understand there being a problem with ponting at all. The reason we won the recent VB series is because of our fielding. So these expensive overs I imagine must have been very scarse considering we managed ot beat PAK with them chasing just 240.

Our bowling was also better than it has been recently as an overall.

Example of what i am on about - When ponting played the spinners - they got belted each, Pakis were obviously targetting them, he then left them on for 1 more over each, they got belted again. He was an over or 2 slow there.

Tough judge - maybe, but thats what this site is about.

Thats the only one i can think of kiwi.

I think the times you are thinking of apology wise are when he hits them in the head with a bouncer.

Thought I would bring this back up again seeing as Peter Roebuck has made it a big issue again today and called for Lees head.

He is correct though,it happens far too often. This season alone McCullum (x2),Vettori,Wiseman and Razzaq have been on the end of them. The apology must seem a bit hollow when you see it all the time,and quite rightly McCullum looked unwilling to accept it

I saw Roebuck's article and disagreed with it. The issue is whether he meant it or not. I was a quickie and erratic and bolwed my shared of beamers, none of them deliberate.

If Lee did bowl it deliberately it is a different matter - but to do so in front of a TV audience of millions etc doesn't do anything for him. He would be a fool.

There is a fine line between a fast low yorker and a beamer at the waist. Very different than the Razzaq incident I must say!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4