Leadership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I totally disagree.

I thought Tom T really looked inspired today and really went looking for the football. I don't think he could have done anymore to try and change our fortunes. Jake T is a great leader and I also thought DCE had a crack at turning the tide and although he didn't execute his plays at times, he really tried hard and got his hands on the ball.

I've seen the Storm lose games and Smith have a shocker (take Origin 1 for example) but noone questioned his leadership; one game doesn't make a season and DCE doesn't equal a poor leader simply because he had an off day today. One bad game shouldn't cancel out the amazing way he has led this team so far this year.

You bunch of fairweather friends.

I totally disagree.

I thought Tom T really looked inspired today and really went looking for the football. I don't think he could have done anymore to try and change our fortunes. Jake T is a great leader and I also thought DCE had a crack at turning the tide and although he didn't execute his plays at times, he really tried hard and got his hands on the ball.

I've seen the Storm lose games and Smith have a shocker (take Origin 1 for example) but noone questioned his leadership; one game doesn't make a season and DCE doesn't equal a poor leader simply because he had an off day today. One bad game shouldn't cancel out the amazing way he has led this team so far this year.

You bunch of fairweather friends.

Let me clarify my thoughts regarding DCE's leadership. I wasn't questioning his leadership abilities at all. I think he definitely has some outstanding leadership qualities and wouldn't dream of dropping him from any leadership role. My questions were more around a lack of a strong leadership group. DCE cannot be expected to do it all on his own. I think we would benefit from developing a group of strong leaders who hold it all together as a unit. Then, if DCE, or any other stars, have an off day, there is still a core group to keep it on track as a team.

I agree with much of what you've written there. I would only perhaps question your statement about Jake making a good leader, though I do see why people say that. I believe Jake has the potential to be an outstanding leader. However, I also believes he really needs to be able to control his emotional reactivity to become that. He can and may very well do so as he continues to mature and develop.

Let me clarify my thoughts regarding DCE's leadership. I wasn't questioning his leadership abilities at all. I think he definitely has some outstanding leadership qualities and wouldn't dream of dropping him from any leadership role. My questions were more around a lack of a strong leadership group. DCE cannot be expected to do it all on his own. I think we would benefit from developing a group of strong leaders who hold it all together as a unit. Then, if DCE, or any other stars, have an off day, there is still a core group to keep it on track as a team.

I agree with much of what you've written there. I would only perhaps question your statement about Jake making a good leader, though I do see why people say that. I believe Jake has the potential to be an outstanding leader. However, I also believes he really needs to be able to control his emotional reactivity to become that. He can and may very well do so as he continues to mature and develop.
If Jake kicks a ball in disgust with 2 minutes on the clock and we're down by 24, I don't mind so much. I also commend Lussick for sticking up for Chez and punching that nancy boy De Belin. Leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, as Gallen showed us in Origin when he decked Myles. Now i'm not necessarily calling Lussick a leader, but that punch galvanised the team and kick started our momentum.

A conventional leader should do everything by the book, but Cam Smith has shown that you need to have a little bit of grit and stand your ground. I think Tom, Jake, Green, and Chez are doing a good job of leading this team. In fact, I actually feel really confident when I see the two Turbo's because they are genuine champions and champions never give up and champions believe they will win.

Today there was a total lack of respect for the ball and our overall discipline was dreadful. I agree that when the team clawed back to 30-22 is when our leaders failed a bit because we lacked composure after conceding a soft try and the game was gone. Today our attitude apart from 15 minutes stunk!! I thought we just aided and abetted their performance by not dealing with kicks and giving up the ball and not finishing our sets. If we repeat that next week we will concede 60. The team will improve next week and it HAS to. We have been on the slide for a month or so and today a team punished us for our bad mistakes. Lessons to be learned and please remember that this is a development year. I hope the guys learn a lot today and do not let this happen again!!

If Jake kicks a ball in disgust with 2 minutes on the clock and we're down by 24, I don't mind so much. I also commend Lussick for sticking up for Chez and punching that nancy boy De Belin. Leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, as Gallen showed us in Origin when he decked Myles. Now i'm not necessarily calling Lussick a leader, but that punch galvanised the team and kick started our momentum.

A conventional leader should do everything by the book, but Cam Smith has shown that you need to have a little bit of grit and stand your ground. I think Tom, Jake, Green, and Chez are doing a good job of leading this team. In fact, I actually feel really confident when I see the two Turbo's because they are genuine champions and champions never give up and champions believe they will win.
Yeah, in the context it was certainly understandable. It's just more about what it demonstrates about his emotional reactivity. If it was a one-off isolated incident I wouldn't even comment. But, I base my opinion on this aspect of Jake from various times in the past where we have seen him go into that emotional reactive space. Granted, emotions are very powerful when they are harnessed and used to fuel determination, and I trust Jake will continue to learn and develop the ability to channel his frustrations in positive ways. Kicking the ball like that did absolutely nothing to help inspire him or the team. If anything, it sends a message to younger guys looking up to him that it's fine to lose your cool... ditto (and much worse) Lussick. There is a way to stand up for your team mates and be counted without penalising your team.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6