Lawton a gun

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cant agree with that pench personally.

In the age of HIAs need some flexibility to cover backs and halves.

Id go

Weekes
Paseka
Taupau
Davey
Know what your saying, maybe up against the heavy weights Penrith, Parra and Melb it's going to be trench warfare. I'd take the punt on 4 fwds.

Feel bad for the bloke, hope he gets well soon.. I like Lawton, he tries hard.

On a positive note… maybe with him injured, we can actually carry a 4th bench player that des will actually f$&king use…. Absolutely sick and tired of watching manly struggle each week while Lawton sits on the bench for 73 minutes before entering the game… it’s like des likes to intentionally handicap our side by only using 3 reserves while everyone else uses 4

We carry Lawton on the bench as injury/HIA security. The amount of players leaving the field for this reason has increased significantly. He is the utility we need to cover hooker and back row. You need a player on the bench that can plug holes.
He has come on earlier in previous games as there has been injuries.

Keeping a player on the bench for 70 minutes is just placing far more pressure on the side as a whole. We may have done that years ago but the modern game is far too fast to have one of the 17 sitting on the bench for 70 minutes.

Cant agree with that pench personally.

In the age of HIAs need some flexibility to cover backs and halves.

Id go

Weekes
Paseka
Taupau
Davey

We could rest Cherry - Evans for another week. Only 4 days from SOO to Sunday's game. It would be a vote of confidence in the Schuster / Foran combo after the last game, and give Schuster consecutive games at five-eighth.

My YART:

Garrick
Saab
Harper
Koula
Tuipulotu
Schuster
Foran

Aloiai
Croaker
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Davey
Jake T

Bench
Ben T
Bullemor
Paseka
Tapau

Lots of flexibility in Ben T (centre/second row) and Bullemor (front row / second row /lock) that we may need. Paseka and Tapau to bend the line in attack from the 20th minute to the 60th minute. Bullemor to rest the second rowers as needed. Benny T to do whatever is required.

I think there's a lot of go-forward in the above forwards (as there should be!), and there is an opportunity to monster their Tiger opposites for a good win.

Last edited:
We could rest Cherry - Evans for another week...
Bench
Ben T
Bullemor
Paseka
Tapau
DCE probably wants to back up but I don't mind the idea of resting him.
But that bench can't cover the early loss of a half or dummy half. Wonder if Humphries might get the call-up. Or out of left field... Zac Fulton?

I thought he had a stint at dummy half in a trial? Though I might have just imagined it.
Anyway, it seems inconceivable that a Fulton wouldn't be a decent passer of the ball. :)
Any idea how old he is I have been trying to find out. Is he development squad or top 30?

To my knowledge he's in neither, nor train & trial, but he's in Jersey Flegg so he's under 21.
He's listed as as a second rower on the club site now but as @Chip and Chase pointed out that doesn't mean he's in the Top 30. It's all a mystery to me but I think he's eligible for selection, along with everyone else (?)
1654522155000.png

Lawton as of 8.15am still listed as having a knee problem, not a season ending injury. Usually if it's a serious one it gets called early in the piece. Guess we'll all know in about 3hrs time. But am fairly optimistic on Karl's prognoses.

Lawton as of 8.15am still listed as having a knee problem, not a season ending injury. Usually if it's a serious one it gets called early in the piece. Guess we'll all know in about 3hrs time. But am fairly optimistic on Karl's prognoses.
Not good news, unfortunately..

****house luck for the poor guy. First an achilles and now this. I know how he feels. Have done both those injuries and in that order - not fun and a long recovery. Good luck to him and I hope we see him back bigger and better in 2023 - he's a great player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8