Laurie Daley says Origin looms for Brenton Lawrence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
COACH Laurie Daley says Sea Eagles prop Brenton Lawrence's selection in the President's XIII to play the PNG Kumuls on Sunday could be the stepping stone to an Origin and Kangaroo call-up.

Lawrence takes the next big step in his career when he lines up for his for the international debut at Kokopo as a reward for his performances with Manly.

Read More

COACH Laurie Daley says Sea Eagles prop Brenton Lawrence's selection in the President's XIII to play the PNG Kumuls on Sunday could be the stepping stone to an Origin and Kangaroo call-up.

Lawrence
241305-brenton-lawrence.jpg
takes the next big step in his career when he lines up for his for the international debut at Kokopo as a reward for his performances with Manly.

"I know that a big performance will not only help for maybe the Australian side this year but to play Origin next year even though he is a Queenslander," said Daley, who is also the triumphant NSW Blues coach said.

"I'm sure he will be up to it and that's something he wants to do.

"It's a great opportunity and he will go out and grab it with both hands.".

Daley said Lawrence not only has plenty of pace for a big man and gets through a lot of work but he is impressed by his attitude as well.

"He is very committed and is eager to learn and listen," Daley said.

After being close to winning a call-up to the Queensland Origin side this year, selection in the President's XIII as well as the Kangaroos train on squad is the break that Lawrence has been patiently waiting for.

"It's a great opportunity to show that if anybody might be interested that I can play a bit of representative football — and time will tell if I can play it well," Lawrence said.

"I am very happy, it was a bit unexpected but I am very proud.

"But I'm not looking at it as a trial for Origin, I'm really just taking it for what it is."

But for Lawrence the selection doesn't take away the disappointment of the way the Sea Eagles bowed out of the 2014 premiership.

"They are really too different entities," Lawrence said.

"I certainly had high expectations this year with Manly and I don't think we achieved them fully

"So that is something we need to have a look at.."

But being in the Presidents 13 allows Lawrence to get back into some footy rather than dwell on the bitter end to the NRL campaign

"I am, excited I will get to play with such a quality side, there are a lot of great players," he said.
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/laurie-daley-says-origin-looms-for-brenton-lawrence/story-fngr8iii-1227082705251

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/brenton-lawrence-is-hopeful-of-an-origin-shot-and-is-ready-for-a-big-performance-against-souths/story-e6frf3ru-1226854840459?from=public_rss

Darren said:
Hope he plays for QLD.

I don't.
He'll come back injured or feeling down after NSW beat them again, and like DCE having lost the extra spark to perform for Manly. Not worth it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4