Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I can absolutely see that but the only thing bothers me about the story is that it claims the Club has given them permission to seek out other options. That's why I think if it's BS, the Club needs to come out and say so.

That would be common sense.

It seems where losing Latu and his brother soon. It’s hard to watch the disintegration of a club happening so rapidly
be prepared for the wooden spoon

Something just does not make sense at the club.

I know there are 3 players on good money however that is the case in almost every club.

It just feels (based on gut) that there is something going on at the club. If these two go then it would be 4 talented kids leaving in the space of a year all of whom, like Moses Suli and Sione Fainu are all managed by the same person who also manages Saab, the Shu, and Ola.

It seems where losing Latu and his brother soon. It’s hard to watch the disintegration of a club happening so rapidly
be prepared for the wooden spoon
Tigers would have to win 4/10 if we don't win a game for the rest of the season. If you really think we will you can get $51 on Sportsbet.

I don't get it.

We are letting guys like Fifita, Tuitavake, Fainu (to Tigers), Fainu 2 (to Tigers) leave mid contract for nothing.

We keep bringing in castoffs like Woods, Condon, Arthur, Talau and John's .

All this to keep an absolute bunch of plonkers together who have won 6 of their last 22 games (about to be 6 wins in 23) - that's a 25% odd win rate guys over a season worth of games.

We're keeping Flannagan around, who's literally taking any Manly media airtime, and making it Dragons airtime - he's meeting the media after we get flogged (buzz) to talk about his team (being the Dragons). His attention is 60% on that, 25% media work, 15% Manly - and we wonder why apathy has spread through to the playing group.

What an absolute ****ing basket case of a club right now. Makes Tom playing at 25% effort all season up until the game before Origin, then being injured for the remainder of the season good news comparitively speaking.

The kicker in all this, is the fans who are now willing to accept the bull****, because it's become the norm - which is us as a complete laughing stock and irrelevant.

That's not negative - that's ****ing reality. It's absolutely appalling.
100% agree with post well said.

and add to the fact that even when we start to try to fix this mess ( not currently on offer) I can see it taking 5 years plus before we even consider being a genuine top 8 side.

apart from northern eagles this is the lowest point I have seen us as a club.

and it’s like club management is blind to it all.

Is there any evidence of this? Or is this speculation? I mean Latu going elsewhere. Doesn’t seem worth reacting until it is confirmed. Last month Schuster was apparently going to the Tigers. This site can be a lot like days of our lives 😂

Something just does not make sense at the club.

I know there are 3 players on good money however that is the case in almost every club.

It just feels (based on gut) that there is something going on at the club. If these two go then it would be 4 talented kids leaving in the space of a year all of whom, like Moses Suli and Sione Fainu are all managed by the same person who also manages Saab, the Shu, and Ola.
Yep something certainly not right at the club.

seems like player managers at work

This is shaping up to be the decade where we break our streak of at least one premiership per decade all the way back to the 70's.

It's already been over ten years.

Who has been the owner of the club all that time? Oh that's right...

The club won't see another dollar from me until Penn falls on his sword.

TOP SHELF
DCE = 1 million
Turbo = 1.2 million
Jake = $900k
Schu = will want a million
Haumole = $800k
Latu Fainu = will want a million
Sammy Fainu = $750k +
Paseka = $700k

MIDDLE SHELF
Koula = $600k
Garrick = $500k
Josh A = $600k
Kelma = $550k

Good luck being able to keep that top shelf ... and get anywhere near the salary cap .. and none of them look like taking .. "unders" .. for King and Country ...

Whilst everybody is blaming everybody for this predicament ... I just wonder if Dessie hadn't extended DCE ... and his contract finished this year ... how different all this would look .

The biggest problem at the club is Penn.
KPI's mean stuff all if you aren't going to put the funds in to achieve them.

We are not going to attract decent players while he is the owner.

To me he seems just to be happy saying look at me I own a sports team but without putting in the dollars to make it successful.
It's like someone thinking they are rich and important because they own a Mercedes even though its 20 years old.
You have your Uncle Nicks who is driving a 2023 E class AMG and Penn thinking he is in the same boat driving his 2009 C class entry model.

Yep something certainly not right at the club.

seems like player managers at work
To be honest I almost think it might be a quid pro quo agreement

We are in talks with the Shu and a couple of others to extend....and are letting other players in the managers stable to go and get better deals.

Now to be clear I have no idea if this is a good thing to do but it is the only sense I can make of it

So , How good is this Latu Fainu guy ?
Is he our next DCE ?
I have not seen much of him
I have seen this boy play twice in the last month and his talent is frightening. He is one of those players that seems to have more time and he always seems to make the right decisions.

His defence is solid, he has a real footy brain, creates tries with slick passing, takes on the line and has a good kicking game.

In my opinion he is ahead of what Shuster was doing at the same age.

It is madness that we would even contemplate letting a boy of this quality leave.

I have seen this boy play twice in the last month and his talent is frightening. He is one of those players that seems to have more time and he always seems to make the right decisions.

His defence is solid, he has a real footy brain, creates tries with slick passing, takes on the line and has a good kicking game.

In my opinion he is ahead of what Shuster was doing at the same age.

It is madness that we would even contemplate letting a boy of this quality leave.
100% agree but the way we are currently acting as a club for the last 10 years it dose not surprise me that we are going to f$$k this situation too. Really hope I am wrong but I have grave fears for our club moving forward.

We are in talks with the Shu and a couple of others to extend....and are letting other players in the managers stable to go and get better deals.

Now to be clear I have no idea if this is a good thing to do but it is the only sense I can make of it

This seems the only logical conclusion tbh.
Not that it makes it any easier to swallow.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
TOP SHELF
DCE = 1 million
Turbo = 1.2 million
Jake = $900k
Schu = will want a million
Haumole = $800k
Latu Fainu = will want a million
Sammy Fainu = $750k +
Paseka = $700k

MIDDLE SHELF
Koula = $600k
Garrick = $500k
Josh A = $600k
Kelma = $550k

Good luck being able to keep that top shelf ... and get anywhere near the salary cap .. and none of them look like taking .. "unders" .. for King and Country ...

Whilst everybody is blaming everybody for this predicament ... I just wonder if Dessie hadn't extended DCE ... and his contract finished this year ... how different all this would look .
No way is Paseka on anything above 500k. Lucky to be on 400k
No way Sam Fainu is worth anywhere near $750k just dreaming imo. 400k based on potential at this stage.

The players poor performance against a second string Parramatta side suggested something was not right within the squad and here it is boom! This needs to be sorted and quickly otherwise it will be a repeat of last season. What is wrong with the brains trust of our club? You would think they would eventually get it right but it appears not.

Seems to be the logical answer to this

• 👍
Reactions: lsz

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11