Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I understood one word in 3 ... which I will mark as a pass mark for me considering the disadvantage of having to read with my undies on my nose.

However, being a man of strong principle and character .... I have not watched a game of cricket since our National team thought it was a good plan to take sandpaper on to the field ...
Then you would be in agreement with my sentiment mate. I thought the throwing down of the stumps when Bairstow left his crease were it mid over would have been much more palatable, particularly with this teams tarnished reputation, had the action occured mid over rather than on the last ball when the umpire was fishing in his hands for Cameron Greens cap and glasses.

Winning at all costs, as the name implies comes with a price and our sycophantic jingoistic media apart from a rare few will not challenge the the action because it would put them offside with the majority market of talk back caller innerers.

There are winners and there are champions and there are heroes.

Funniest thing I heard yesterday was Andrew Voss ask Cameron Smith what he thought about the incident and the 'spirit of the game'...

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If the Fainus, or their manager, had full confidence in their footballing ability they would sign a one year extension and trust themselves to be in hot demand by the end of the 2024 season when they would be able to command large contracts for 2-5 years.
By asking for big money when little Bro is still untried at NRL level and Big Bro is still a rookie smacks to me of wanting dessert before you've started your main course.
Once they have proven themselves financial rewards will follow -- not the other way around.
^^^^^

This, wins the post of this thread , hands down !!

Could not have put it any better.

But Aaron Woods has indeed been selected over both Keppie and Fainu. If you happened to watch first grade and NSW Cup on the weekend that FACT would be apparent. The only speculative supposition would be around why this occured which I didn't surmise upon.

Hope this helps.

😀
'upon which I did not surmise.'

Knock it off the pair of you.

Everybody has an equal right to be heard here at silvertails and we all come to the site with different backgrounds, and ways of seeing the world and more importantly from different timezones and under the effect of different intoxicants and varying levels of irrational passion for eighty minutes of entertainment we have absolutely no control over but yell and jump and hug strangers next to us, and throw remotes over and announce we are leaving online forums only to creep back on and hope no-one notices (but they notice... they even notice if we don't even post the nosey bloody..)

But we are all just friends letting off steam even you are welcome Mario. Just get the Fainus to stay for unders and bring back Fifita and bring Damian Cook here to play 9!!!!

Peace 🕊️✌️🕊️✌️🕊️

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Everybody has an equal right to be heard here at silvertails and we all come to the site with different backgrounds, and ways of seeing the world and more importantly from different timezones and under the effect of different intoxicants and varying levels of irrational passion for eighty minutes of entertainment we have absolutely no control over but yell and jump and hug strangers next to us, and throw remotes over and announce we are leaving online forums only to creep back on and hope no-one notices (but they notice... they even notice if we don't even post the nosey bloody..)

But we are all just friends letting off steam even you are welcome Mario. Just get the Fainus to stay for unders and bring back Fifita and bring Damian Cook here to play 9!!!!

Peace 🕊️✌️🕊️✌️🕊️

Awesome stream of consciousness @Top End Eagle 👏 Ho Manly

Awesome stream of consciousness @Top End Eagle 👏 Ho Manly
Oh no brother that's a third draft.

My consciousness is a violent nightmare torrent, leaving a trail of misshapen jetsam strewn through the craggy hellscape of my skull and the flotsam of the dreams I once dared sail from this prison of my own tortured making, glinting in the moonlight, reminders - as they're carried swiftly down current like the premiership dreams of a Troboievicless Manly Team.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

My consciousness is a violent nightmare torrent, leaving a trail of misshapen jetsam strewn through the craggy hellscape of my skull and the flotsam of the dreams I once dared sail from this prison of my own tortured making, glinting in the moonlight, reminders - as they're carried swiftly down current like the premiership dreams of a Troboievicless Manly Team.

Now this @Top End Eagle is what we need more of on Silvertails. Keep it coming.

manly al

First Grader

Impressive , you might have to start an Ode type thread based on Who Knows What . Hang on , maybe not a good idea to go there in Silvertails terms

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Peace 🕊️✌️🕊️✌️🕊️
Absolute classic TEE!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
If the Fainus, or their manager, had full confidence in their footballing ability they would sign a one year extension and trust themselves to be in hot demand by the end of the 2024 season when they would be able to command large contracts for 2-5 years.
By asking for big money when little Bro is still untried at NRL level and Big Bro is still a rookie smacks to me of wanting dessert before you've started your main course.
Once they have proven themselves financial rewards will follow -- not the other way around.No
No, no, no you're talking from the generation of work hard first, prove yourself then reward comes 2nd. This is the new generation of entitlement, I have talent playing juniors and am better than everyone else who wins a prize so I expect a bigger prize rewards NOW. It's not about proving yourself at the top level anymore. This is what our schools have taught kids and this is how they think they are owed.

No, no, no you're talking from the generation of work hard first, prove yourself then reward comes 2nd. This is the new generation of entitlement, I have talent playing juniors and am better than everyone else who wins a prize so I expect a bigger prize rewards NOW. It's not about proving yourself at the top level anymore. This is what our schools have taught kids and this is how they think they are owed.
Yep it is the carrot not the stick. It's if you make your bed every morning I'll give you pocket money rather than make your bloody bed every morning or you get the wooden spoon.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader

After reading your third draft, I took the liberty of doing a fourth for you which I have posted below. Hope that's okay. If anyone wants to do a fifth feel free.

Everybody has an equal right to share an opinion here at Silvertails. We come from different backgrounds, live in various timezones and view the world in our own unique way. Some of us post while affected by intoxicants which impacts our level of irrationality over the eighty minutes of entertainment we have absolutely no control over. But we are all passionate. This is obvious when we yell, jump and hug strangers next to us, or throw our remotes across the room, announcing that we are leaving Silvertails, only to creep back on, hoping no-one notices. #Editors note - How can we hope no one notices if we are posting?

(but they notice... they even notice if we don't even post the nosey bloody..) Editors note - I have no idea what you are trying to convey here. More clarity needed.

At the end of it, we are all just friends letting off steam. Even you are welcome Mario. Just get the Fainus to stay for unders, bring back Fifita and convince Damian Cook to come play 9!!!!

Peace 🕊️✌️🕊️✌️🕊️

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
So true.

Ryan

Journey Man
Hope they go to a better culture than Tigers. That place is set to self destruct in T-minus 13 seconds with egos like Marshall and Fulton going head to head. Sheens hates the Fulton appointment.

I surely love it though.

Next minute: Manly's backline heading into next season is better than its looked in AGES.

tookey

First Grader
The tigers are the last club any decent player manager would put his players in

I have heard that the merger is about as successful as the northern eagles

Apparently there are players from Campbelltown and western suburbs who are the Wests tigers group and there are other players who are the Balmain tigers group

Each group hates each other with a passion and stand in separate groups at functions throwing insults at the other group

The club is a basket case and are imploding under a geriatric coach and an assistant coach who has no coaching background

A career killing club

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Yep it is the carrot not the stick. It's if you make your bed every morning I'll give you pocket money rather than make your bloody bed every morning or you get the wooden spoon.
These days more like
You can make your bed if you waaant to but you don't have toooo it's your decision
Then gives pocket money regardless

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16