Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just my opinion....
I would have said a while back that had maybe a question mark over him,however with the rule changes I think he is suited to the new style of game.
I don't believe that organizing and directing a side around a park are his strengths,he is a more instinctive attacking player like a DCE or Cody Walker.
I could be wrong but I think that all 3 (Schuster/Fainu/Humphreys) are all more comfortable(and mainly have played there) on the left,Schuster showed this year he ould do the job on the right when he played half for Cherry,hopefully Fainu and Humphreys can be given the opportunity to try to play on both sides in the near future to help round out their games.....

If Latu stays with Manly for his entire career we will all be 15-20 years older by the end of his tenure, I'll be retired. Damn Rugby League can make you feel old sometimes.
I'll probably be feeding the roses😂

For those of us who have watched Latu and his brothers play every game this signing is a massive relief no matter what happens there is simply too much potential to ignore. Very strong in defense too .Well done manly .

josh the Matthew’s winning captain , listening to him chatting to supporters , he is very impressive communicator off the field also, good young leader.

the CEO son, is tracking well , appears slight on build and has to really commit to be good in defence ( be bit like Walker at the chickens) good organiser and excellent kicker.All our young lads need a lot more footie In 2022…

We are creating a great little production line here.

A lot obviously changes with youngsters breaking through or not and new signings etc but a potential 2025 side could look like

1.T Trbojevic
2.Garrick
3.Koula
4.Feledy
5.Saab
6.Schuster
7.L Fainu
8.Paseka
9.M Fainu (Birt, Gordon Chan Kum Tong)
10.Aloiai
11.Olakau'atu
12.Bullemor
13.J Trbojevic

14.Weekes
15.Keppie
17.B Trbojevic
18.Tuikuvate

With S Fainu, S Fainu, Humphries, Birt, GCKT, Tuipulotu, Lehi Hopoate options

Future is so crazy bright and if things go to plan we shouldnt need to much external recruitment over the next few years just the right strategic picks

Seems destined for a successful N R L career and hopefully long term for Manly but maybe a bit early to suggest Latu as a i st grade 7 . Not that he would not be capable of playing there , just think on present indications that he would be able to show his best talents as a 6 and with a bit more room to move there . Fair enough that halfs and 5 / 8 's play both sides of the field but again more attacking options at 6 for him with his style of play at present . Schuster if anything is going to get even a little bigger and even more likelihood of him being a long term back rower where if at his best can still give great value and still be able to utilize his gifted attacking skills in particular .

Great to see us holding onto to one of top draw our youngsters instead of losing them. Seems to be quite a few of them coming in next few years. Exciting times for Manly in junior grades!! Can’t ever remember those teams been this successful over a few years

Great to see us holding onto to one of top draw our youngsters instead of losing them. Seems to be quite a few of them coming in next few years. Exciting times for Manly in junior grades!! Can’t ever remember those teams been this successful over a few years
Also drawing from our junior pool, saves us a lot of our cap money that would usually be paid buying comparable players on inflated prices.

Also drawing from our junior pool, saves us a lot of our cap money that would usually be paid buying comparable players on inflated prices.
But as soon as they prove their mettle they are on market rates anyway - our 3 highest paid players came through Manly junior pathways. At least, I'd say they are on market rates, all 3 of them have been criticised here for being overpaid (especially DCE of course, lol).

But as soon as they prove their mettle they are on market rates anyway - our 3 highest paid players came through Manly junior pathways. At least, I'd say they are on market rates, all 3 of them have been criticised here for being overpaid (especially DCE of course, lol).
Sure SER8, that goes without saying. But at least their first contract (usually a 3-4yr deal) is with us and a great deal for the Club also.

Yeah, although the most valuable aspect of bringing junior talent through is probably their connection with the club and the area and with teammates coming through together, even more than a few dollar savings.
Actually in the case of someone like Latu its debatable we have any dollar advantage, we're going to pay him a million before he even hits NRL!

Yeah, although the most valuable aspect of bringing junior talent through is probably their connection with the club and the area and with teammates coming through together, even more than a few dollar savings.
Actually in the case of someone like Latu its debatable we have any dollar advantage, we're going to pay him a million before he even hits NRL!
Yeah, seems like a lot. But I guess it'll be staggered over 4yrs. If he turns out to be another Schuster 250k a season over 4yrs, wow !! what can you say.

Agree, he's worth it.
Also, I could be wrong but junior deals don't have a salary cap? Which is how the richest clubs like Chooks Storm Broncos and Souths end up with a lot of top junior talent.

We are creating a great little production line here.

A lot obviously changes with youngsters breaking through or not and new signings etc but a potential 2025 side could look like

1.T Trbojevic
2.Garrick
3.Koula
4.Feledy
5.Saab
6.Schuster
7.L Fainu
8.Paseka
9.M Fainu (Birt, Gordon Chan Kum Tong)
10.Aloiai
11.Olakau'atu
12.Bullemor
13.J Trbojevic

14.Weekes
15.Keppie
17.B Trbojevic
18.Tuikuvate

With S Fainu, S Fainu, Humphries, Birt, GCKT, Tuipulotu, Lehi Hopoate options

Future is so crazy bright and if things go to plan we shouldnt need to much external recruitment over the next few years just the right strategic picks
Plenty of Guns in that team

Strike power all over the place

I dont think 1 mil will be enough by the end of this contract. By the time he is 18 we will be looking to increase and extend that contract.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6