Latham quits.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Your good at talking theory fluffy. Evolution. My main point is that Global warming is a theory and not enough evidence to even suggest that the earth is changing. If in 50 years time the earth has dropped by another 1/2 degree we will all be thinking, what were we all worried about.

But to be honest. I beleive in Nuclear technology. With the waste sent to the sun. Biggest problem would be a rocket exploding the stratosphere full of neculear waste. Other than that, all that is produced from a Neuclear Powerplants stack is Steam. Which would be great for any environment.

Flipper you are talking like a QLDer. Most of the pre-eminent scientists are convinced about Global Warming and it is only Bush and his mate Banzai (John Howard - Little Bush) that won't sign the Kyoto proocol. It is about keeping their own happy (and their rich mates in plenty of low taxed dollars) rather than international responsibility and cooperation.

What is the connection with Nuclear energy, waste sent to the sun (sounds like an Irish plot) and global warming?

Also, according to the Excelerated Green House Effect and thus global warming, the gases take 7 years to reach a height that will start the process known as global warming. So what we've done up to now, will not be seen for another 7 years. Odd, but true. So we could be destroying the earth and not be able to tell.

Another thing too. Reaserch is done to develop a rocket containing ozone molecules that can be expoded in the thin part of the layer. It has also been suggest that a chemical be produced which mixes with the Co2 levels in the atmosphere and turn them into another gas. One being suggested is of course oxygen and the polution would not have the same effect on our planet.

Humans may not be evolving quick enough to deal with the change, but technology is. We will find an answer.

CW, Nuclear Energy and Neuclear power plants do not produce the pollution that is attributed to global warming. Coal Power stations much like all those here in australia provide a **** load of it.

The suicide sun mission was in idea that can be used to provent having to discard of the Nuclear waste on our planet. It would just burn up within a million miles of the sun.

Also, trust you to link my feelings on Global Warming to a right winged political party in america! :D

Maybe this is coloured by my views but I wonder whether we have the ability to tamper with what the Creator has made! We tinker around and fix one problem to stuff it up in another way (look at the Cane toad - great idea that one!)

(The Creator talk wil start another storm no doubt. Fancy starting a thread and Latham and getting to God!)

I don't think so. There is so much going for our planet. Sure war and things are bad but the only real threat on our planets survival is Global Warming or Asteroids at this point in time. Perhapd ET's in the future. :p

Hence asteriods are god's creation. I doubt he would try to destroy us... would he.

Prevention is always better than cure...
and yes, we won't get a water world... but with the rising of sea levels... sources of underground drinking water (not to mention viable farming ground) will be lost to salt contamination.

And we can tamper... we always have... We've killed off too many species to say we have no impact. And don't quote 'god's will' at me... for such a benevolent deity there is a heap of suffering still around.

I'd rather not rest my faith in some being that's going to let us destroy ourselves, through environment, war etc...

But you get in your car of a morning and fire it up. Driving to work and putting in your two cents worth into global warming.

Im over fighting endless debates.

I try to do my bit...
I'm an environmentalist! I helped save Seven Mile Beach from being sand-mined for a start...

That one is always a tough one to fight...

Fair Enough. I commend you for backing up what you beleive in. Thats something so few of us can hold our heads high over. :p

Ta :wink:

But it kinda limits my employment otions...

So many of the corporate law firms have clients who are environment-wreckers...

Looks like I'm not going to be earning much.

Pity. Many of my mates have turned into yuppies already!!

Anyways... if you can't fight for your planet, what can you fight for?? LOL

Ok... but without the ability to grow wheat, then there will be no beer...

So by campaigning for the planet, you are campaigning to keep beer.

I'll fight for your right to have beer!!!!

We could rush beer production. Eveyone on the earth works on making beer Then, we deep freeze the beer. That could work. So when we're all cooking because of global warming, we can enjoy an ice cold beer.

Good thinking...

I LIKE IT.

So when we dont have enough food/water we can get all our nourishment from beer!! And get a nice tan at the same time...

You should be getting the Nobel Prize!! Serious!

Anyways... this was interesting...

Youth losing interest in politics, warns G-G
January 26, 2005 - 5:13PM

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
Maj Gen Jeffery ... education is the key.
Photo: Pat Scala

Related
Surgeon captures 'Australian spirit'
Fairytale for young achiever
Nation says thanks to our true achievers
A passion for lessons well learned
David Day: Time to acknowledge first people
Events: What's on today
At a glance: Coalition's friends dominate
Web Diary: Harry's Australia Day dreamings
Australia Day celebrations
Web links
Names and search: Full honours list
Australia must find new ways to get young people interested in politics or risk alienating them, Governor-General Michael Jeffery said today.

In his Australia Day address, Major General Jeffery said the issues that interested young people were often overshadowed and the freedoms Australians enjoyed were often taken for granted.

"There is a worrying trend of disengagement from our democratic process - particularly amongst younger Australians," he said.

"The issues that interest them are often overshadowed by the rough and tumble of politics, however justified that may be in a robust democracy.

"If we cannot find ways to spark their interest and involvement, we risk the consequences of more young Australians simply turning away."

Maj Gen Jeffery said he was not advocating changes to the existing system of government.

But he said there was scope for schools to engage students by placing more emphasis on the informed teaching of civics and citizenship.

He praised the Constitutional Centre of Western Australia, where students and visitors learn how the Australian political system evolved, its relevance to them and what influence they could have.

"We do need to understand our past and how our democracy has developed, for without that our nation won't be fully prepared to assemble its future," Maj Gen Jeffery said.

"Indeed, education is the key to unlocking opportunity.

"Mentoring, with emphasis on literacy and numeracy, is one way we can help support young Australians during their schooling years."

Excellent volunteer schemes were already operating in many schools where older Australians were helping children learn to read and write.

But there was also room for a national program in which selected mentors could volunteer their knowledge and experience to help children avoid adolescent problems, and open doors to choice, independence and a better life.

"Recent tragic events in our region and at home have shown the extraordinary contribution of volunteers; how richly they've entered the lives of thousands of victims and whole communities," he said.

"Their chief concern is the well-being of humanity - helping overcome loss, poverty and lack of opportunity.

"I would encourage all Australians who can to undertake some form of voluntary community service - whether it be in service clubs, emergency organisations, support groups, or as mentors."

He said while the Australian community already benefited daily from the efforts of 4.3 million volunteers, more were always needed.

AAP

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4