Latham quits.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well the media did give LAtham a SENSATIONAL run prior to the election and still lost. So you cant say he didn't get a fair go.

I go by what I see, read and hear. It's very apparent now that my thoughts on the labor party are CORRECT!

This surely cannot be disputed. Over recent events.

Ok firstly. I am almost 100% sure that Kim Beazley has a thyroid disorder. A serious one at that. And, if you know anything about thyroid problems it is difficlut to lose weight. Secondly, if you were to look at a photo from 5 years ago and look at one from now, you will notice a massive difference in his size. He has "gotten off his ass" so to speak and put in a damn good effort. I no longer even consider him as obease. Thirdly he doesn't exactly have a physical job. He has to find time outside of a busy schedule to lose weight. I cant believe that you can't take a larger size person seriously. In fact I am appauld by it. Beazley is a good man and his weight should never be brought up as a factor.

You rely on a guy who is ill stepping down to prove yourself right. - not the nicest thing

Don't give me this Martyr ****e leave that to himself. I'm talking about directly after he lost the election the Latham/Labor party didn't know were to hide. Totally disorganised heap. His illness has nothing to do with it.

[blockquote]You rely on a guy who is ill stepping down to prove yourself right. - not the nicest thing

Don't give me this Martyr ****e leave that to himself. I'm talking about directly after he lost the election the Latham/Labor party didn't know were to hide. Totally disorganised heap. His illness has nothing to do with it.[/blockquote]

Dont Know about the Martyr Tag isnt that someone who dies for the Cause

I think Houdini would be more appropriate :lol:

Well the media did give LAtham a SENSATIONAL run prior to the election and still lost. So you cant say he didn't get a fair go.

I go by what I see, read and hear. It's very apparent now that my thoughts on the labor party are CORRECT!

This surely cannot be disputed. Over recent events.

Im Surprised Matabele hasnt jumped on this and compared The Labor Performance to Manlys Last year

Six, Well in reflection I use the tag (martyr) loosely as he stepped down as leader while giving a good hard swipe at the media for hounding him because of his party's inaction since the tsunami over the last couple of weeks. The sympathy trick simply didn't wash………..with anyone.

But forgets the dream run he had prior to the election. He's in public life he knows whatever happens good or bad the media will want to know about it.

He also used JH age as a lever in his campaign and guess who couldn't last 4 months after.

My theory is that he will recover well and he needed to resign to save face as he had no confident from the public and his own party.

Six, Well in reflection I use the tag (martyr) loosely as he stepped down as leader while giving a good hard swipe at the media for hounding him because of his party's inaction since the tsunami over the last couple of weeks. The sympathy trick simply didn't wash………..with anyone.

But forgets the dream run he had prior to the election. He's in public life he knows whatever happens good or bad the media will want to know about it.

He also used JH age as a lever in his campaign and guess who couldn't last 4 months after.

My theory is that he will recover well and he needed to resign to save face as he had no confident from the public and his own party.

You wont get an Arguement from me

anyone else see him pick up his bat and ball after he left the Press Conference :lol: :lol:

Unfortunatly for Latham, his new laws for payouts for polliticians only effects new MP's so he still get his $120 000 a year pension for the rest of his life. How will he cope??? :shock:

anyone else see him pick up his bat and ball after he left the Press Conference  
Youve got to be kidding. That footage was taken long before the election. Or on the other hand maybe your right - mind you id hate to see his barber's bill since his hair grew an inch or 2 in a day.

My theory is that he will recover well and he needed to resign to save face as he had no confident from the public and his own party

He looked sick as - FFS bi-so you have no compassion. No wonder you vote libs

He's sick didn't say he wasn't I said he would recover. He had to make a decision yesterday because his labor "mates" made him. His Polly supporters have been saying he wanted to wait another two weeks to make a decision.

I'm being realistic thats all.

He didn't quit because of pancriatitis. No one is saying he isn't sick, but he has had a bout of this before. Ine the first week of the election campaign. It didn't make him quit then. He had eveyones support then too. Then, he got thrashed and in typical labour fashion, out with the old in with the.... old!

Fluffy I think you are being a little haste in jumping to your assumptions of byso. Theres not a bad bone in his body. He is meerly stating facts. He's in the conga line, he wouldnt hurt a fly nore say a bad thing about anyone 'Seriously". Its all in the name of fun and busting someones chops mate. Although I agree that he has quit because its a hard jon to do after being walloped in an election and losing the faith of your party.

Flip, I'm speechless

Fluffy I didn't see to much support from Latham's peers especially Beazley. Surely that must disappoint you….I know it would annoy me.

[blockquote]
anyone else see him pick up his bat and ball after he left the Press Conference  
Youve got to be kidding. That footage was taken long before the election. Or on the other hand maybe your right - mind you id hate to see his barber's bill since his hair grew an inch or 2 in a day.

My theory is that he will recover well and he needed to resign to save face as he had no confident from the public and his own party

He looked sick as - FFS bi-so you have no compassion. No wonder you vote libs[/blockquote]

Let me spell it out for you

HE TOOK HIS BAT & BALL AND WENT HOME like most children do when things dont go there way

Comprendi ???? its what we grown ups call being tongue in cheek :D :D

Ok firstly. I am almost 100% sure that Kim Beazley has a thyroid disorder. A serious one at that. And, if you know anything about thyroid problems it is difficlut to lose weight. Secondly, if you were to look at a photo from 5 years ago and look at one from now, you will notice a massive difference in his size. He has \"gotten off his ass\" so to speak and put in a damn good effort. I no longer even consider him as obease. Thirdly he doesn't exactly have a physical job. He has to find time outside of a busy schedule to lose weight. I cant believe that you can't take a larger size person seriously. In fact I am appauld by it. Beazley is a good man and his weight should never be brought up as a factor.
If he has a thyroid complaint (which i can't find anywhere) then he has my sympathy. However, politicians like TV newreaders, are judged on appearance. I used to weigh 103 kilos and now weigh 89. Did it by changing what I eat and exercising (and I have a sedentary job but gave up something else to make the time). Now over 4 years and still sticking to it. Almost any one can lose weight by applying themselves (they have to want to). Is it easy? - of course not. I want a leader who is fighting fit, not huffing and puffing. If you want serious respect you have to do the hard yards. That said - you are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

I did a lot of work for Beazley in the early 90s when he was Minister for Employment. A very thorough and hard working fellow. He was probably the best Minister that I had anything to do with during my stint in Canberra with Crean being the absolute worst.

I wish him well because he gained my respect during that time and I saw a lot of good character traits in him. However, I get the feeling that he's a better deputy than leader. I also see that he still has his prolix problem which is really unfortunate.

Add the troubles you had losing weight to a thyroid disorder and it suddenly gets harder. Also, add the fact that he is a leader of an opposition party and that freeing up time isn't as easy as you find it. Sure JH gets his walk every morning but I don't think Beazley even has anything to answer for the size he is now. Its only afecting his health. That should be the first thing we think of but no, its that he won't be a good leader because he is a larger size man.

All I can is you must have been pretty **** at your job while you were fat MB if your theory is anything to go by.

As a fat bastard after a football caused knee reconstruction I think I can see both sides to this argument. :wink:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4