Latest on Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope the club looks after him. Match payments as well as some sort of salary. I think he'll be a great player in coming years. So I think it would be a mistake to screw him because he's had the misfortune to break his leg.

Your a sick man, cletus :dance:

True Fluffy. Although it is a very serious injury, one that he may even struggle to recover completely from. Especially for a man his size, it makes it twice as hard.

Given that the club and Rose were negotiating a new contract it is reasonable to assume they wanted him to stay for 2008 so they were obvioulsy satisfied with his form.

The variable will now be how he recovers. That remains the same for any club that is (or was) interested in Rose.

I don't pretend to know the answer but it would seem a choice of 2

a) be the hard nosed professional management and ignore him given the possible doubts in making a succesful return and sign another back up prop to fill his spot

b) show some compassion, offer him a base contract of $50K with large incentives for NRL appearances.

Personally I would go with option B but I would not jump out the window if the management went with the first option. Professional sport is a tough busines and at times harsh decisions will be made. I am just glad that it is not me that has to make this one.

bones heal better than ligaments or tendons, and yes I know he did a ligament as well, my point is the broken leg will heal pretty well, the key will be how he regains his fitness levels.

And we all know he hasnt met a burger he didnt like :)

how is Roses bad luck this year! And up for neg driving as well....

[quote author=Cletus]
I hope the club looks after him. Match payments as well as some sort of salary. I think he'll be a great player in coming years. So I think it would be a mistake to screw him because he's had the misfortune to break his leg.

Your a sick man, cletus :dance:
[/quote]

8| I hope you're not a nurse Nutz! Poor bastards in bed and he has to cover his arse in case you come along :naughty: .

I read in the Australian that we were going to give him 50K for next year. WTF, Give someone that load of cash for maybe, just maybe, playing good again. I hadn't realized we were a benovelent society as well as a footie club..

I cant see the problem with that at all, 50k is the bare minimum and he is worthy of that easily.

Anyone you sign you are signing on the premise of what they may do for you, there is never a guarantee

I read in the Australian that we were going to give him 50K for next year. WTF, Give someone that load of cash for maybe, just maybe, playing good again. I hadn't realized we were a benovelent society as well as a footie club..

$50k is the minimum for every player in the 25 squad, not everyone in the 25 plays 1st grade, maybe we should cut all those players :roll: Its called having depth.

I find it interesting that the article says the 50K will NOT be included in our salary cap.

From my understanding basically the club is hedging its bets the majority of his contract was incentive based which meant the bulk of that 50k was made up of payments assuming he was playing first grade. What i believe they have done with the NRL has said there is a better than average chance that he will not qualify for that payment because he has a long term injury but if they do have to pay him the receive dispensation for it

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4