Late Mail - Snake to miss game?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Terry-Randal said:
It goes down why wasn't he rested against the Storm ?When you've made the finals never risk yr ace players over nothing games.

Crazy

Why not rest him for 24 games so he is ok for the finals

Terry-Randal said:
Clint said:
Terry-Randal said:
It goes down why wasn't he rested against the Storm ?When you've made the finals never risk yr ace players over nothing games.

But he wasn't injured at the time was he? He is paid to play after all.

He has had niggling knee and hamstring problems all year. Coaches need to have wisdom and make decisions that will help them win the comp. Especially over a player who Manly is totally dependent on like snake.

I would suggest the manly medical team would have for more knowledge over what his condition is / how he needs to be managed than any of us who speculate from afar.

There are a number of cases where certain types of hamstring injuries are not improved by rest. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but at that stage there was still the chance the dogs / sharks could have come in the top 4

KaZa said:
run all you like but Brett creates and scores tries, stops tries. The forwards can make the metres.

I like Hiku but we need Brett to win. I hope we have enough if hes out.

If we can't beat the Sharks without Brett Stewart we have no hope of beating Souths next week with Brett Stewart.

He can't win it by himself.

Hiku had the best game he has ever played for the club last week and improves every game he plays, I am still confident with him at the back.

If Brett plays its a huge bonus BUT if he's not fit he will be needed next week and hopefully the week after, so worth a risk not playing him I feel.

If we lose then its academic, we win and hopefully he's extra fit and can handle two pressure games

IMO it all depends on how we back up after last weekend's game. It will be a tough task.

If we play anywhere near the intensity we are capable of then we would win with George Rose at fullback. Hiku is perfectly capable as evidenced by his MOM performance against the roosters.

If we lose tonight it won't be because snake isn't playing.

For what it's worth I don't think he'll play.

Also, look to the right of your screen. Am I the only one that thinks the odds being offered on both teams is ridiculous. I can understand the bookies not wanting to take risks with our side but $3.95 is juicy odds for the Sharks.

I tender this page:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/anatomy-of-an-injury-hamstring-pulls-and-tears.html

as Exhibit A in the case for caution about returning Brett to full match duties tonite. If its iffy, he should be given another week.

Obviously, next week, against the Bunnies, there will be no option for further healing time.

Think, bottom line, we can beat the Sharks without Snake, just by a smaller margin.

I don't like this over confident attitude some are showing about tonight. We are obviously deserved favourites for the match, but the sharks will give their all. They are a tough side with plenty of talent across the park, and are more than capable of upsetting us if we go in under done or with the wrong attitude.

This is do or die football, I don't think we should have a mindset of 'resting' players. If he is fit he should play, if he is not fit he shouldn't. Next week shouldn't even be in our minds at the moment, because by the end of tonight we may be out if we're not careful.

mcatt said:
I don't like this over confident attitude some are showing about tonight. . .

. . . Next week shouldn't even be in our minds at the moment, because by the end of tonight we may be out if we're not careful.
Good point.

Although I can't remember the last time the attitude of fans cost us a game :D

mcatt said:
I don't like this over confident attitude some are showing about tonight. We are obviously deserved favourites for the match, but the sharks will give their all. They are a tough side with plenty of talent across the park, and are more than capable of upsetting us if we go in under done or with the wrong attitude.

This is do or die football, I don't think we should have a mindset of 'resting' players. If he is fit he should play, if he is not fit he shouldn't. Next week shouldn't even be in our minds at the moment, because by the end of tonight we may be out if we're not careful.

Exactly, they beat the Roosters not too long ago and beat them very well. They have a team of beating anyone in the Comp...don't see them winning all 3 games remaining but a one off game isn't completely out of the question. They play with a point to prove and that is where the risk is, ppl don't believe the should be there because of last weeks fiasco. Best team available should be played, there are no second chances from here on out.

This match will be tougher and mayber closer than last weeks.

To think otherwise makes no sense.

All you twitterers, and facebookers, . . . watch your various "sources" to get the result of this morning's Snake fitness test plse

EagleFromMay1967 said:
All you twitterers, and facebookers, . . . watch your various "sources" to get the result of this morning's Snake fitness test plse

It just lit up a few minutes ago. Various media all now reporting Snake is OUT. :-(

Yep. it's been Tweeted, gooooonnnneee....

I'm happy with Hiku, just a little more nervous now, probably evens the teams out more.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
mcatt said:
I don't like this over confident attitude some are showing about tonight. . .

. . . Next week shouldn't even be in our minds at the moment, because by the end of tonight we may be out if we're not careful.
Good point.

Although I can't remember the last time the attitude of fans cost us a game :D

It's all about Karma and the Vibe

bob dylan said:
This match will be tougher and mayber closer than last weeks.

To think otherwise makes no sense.

Yep, plenty of dangerous players in the Sharks lineup - Fifita, Gordon, Graham, Lewis. Lewis in particular scares me. He always seems to lift against us.

never expected Brett to play and have been nervous about this game all week. the sharks want this win 10 times more than we ever could. I think carney will play and it is going to be a very tough battle

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6