Late Mail - Snake to miss game?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Not looking good for Brett to play.

MANLY V CRONULLA

Sharks five-eighth Todd Carney has aborted his mission to overcome a hamstring strain and is out of Friday’s must-win final. It’s a bitter blow for Cronulla, who will now start the match with Luke Lewis at five-eighth. Rookie half Chad Townsend is expected to force his way onto the bench. Lewis last played in the six jumper in 2011 for Penrith. He has won eight matches in 19 games while playing at pivot. Andrew Fifita (calf and knee) is a certain starter after training strongly during the Sharks closed session at Allianz Stadium on Thursday. Manly have issues of their own with fullback Brett Stewart failing to train on Thursday. He remains in serious doubt after missing the past two weeks with a hamstring injury. Manly have an able replacement in Peter Hiku. Back-rower Richie Fa’aoso has been given a light week after suffering heavy concussion. Coach Geoff Toovey is confident Fa’aoso will be given the green light to take retain his bench spot. Winger David Williams has a back complaint, but he’s expected to push through the pain to take his place in the side.

The Wheel said:
Not looking good for Brett to play.

MANLY V CRONULLA

Sharks five-eighth Todd Carney has aborted his mission to overcome a hamstring strain and is out of Friday’s must-win final. It’s a bitter blow for Cronulla, who will now start the match with Luke Lewis at five-eighth. Rookie half Chad Townsend is expected to force his way onto the bench. Lewis last played in the six jumper in 2011 for Penrith. He has won eight matches in 19 games while playing at pivot. Andrew Fifita (calf and knee) is a certain starter after training strongly during the Sharks closed session at Allianz Stadium on Thursday. Manly have issues of their own with fullback Brett Stewart failing to train on Thursday. He remains in serious doubt after missing the past two weeks with a hamstring injury. Manly have an able replacement in Peter Hiku. Back-rower Richie Fa’aoso has been given a light week after suffering heavy concussion. Coach Geoff Toovey is confident Fa’aoso will be given the green light to take retain his bench spot. Winger David Williams has a back complaint, but he’s expected to push through the pain to take his place in the side.

If he had a fitness test this morning I doubt he would have trained after it. I am expecting him to come off the bench

Yeah I heard Snake pulled up sore today after yesterday fitness test. Looks like Hiku is the man.

Being hopeful here but wouldn't it make sense to rest him today before the big game tomorrow?
He can have a big rest after we win the GF.

Hiku trained today in fullback and ran all plays there
Brett did not train

A fit Hiku deserved to keep the gig anyway, against a non fit guy. That 300 meters against the roosters defence was quite a feat and a feat I don't think he got enough credit for.

God said:
A fit Hiku deserved to keep the gig anyway, against a non fit guy. That 300 meters against the roosters defence was quite a feat and a feat I don't think he got enough credit for.

He got man of the match. That is a fair bit of credit

Dan said:
God said:

He got man of the match. That is a fair bit of credit

I hear you but alot of people said we'd have won if snake played, thats far from a forgone conclusion maybe he drops a few balls, maybe we don't make the meters hiku made returning the ball and where in a worse field position and the roosters score more points... I think while he was rewarded with man of the match a lot of people seemed to think he was some kind of weaker link due to that stupid sweep play not working as well.

anyway thats all hypothetical dribble on my behalf

run all you like but Brett creates and scores tries, stops tries. The forwards can make the metres.

I like Hiku but we need Brett to win. I hope we have enough if hes out.

Definitely need Brett but if he is not quite right now we need him for the final 2 weeks. Whilst it will be a tough game we should be able to beat the Sharks without him but for the Bunnies we will need him. If he is not 100% do not play him this week.

the mauler said:
I'm getting the feeling Manly are going to back themselves to beat the Sharks without Snake and give him the extra week off. We need him to beat the Bunnies but we should beat the Sharks without him IMO.

Gee I hope Toovey & the players are showing Cronulla more respect than this. More than any other team Cronulla lift against us. Trust me, they will be treating this as their GF. They will be perfectly happy to lose against souffs if they can knock us out. We have now lost 2 in a row and we have only won 2 games this season without Snake.

If Snake doesn't play I think they will get us on enthusiasm and motivation.

Starting to worry about him playing at all again this season.

Then again the season has the chance to end tonight.

It goes down why wasn't he rested against the Storm ?When you've made the finals never risk yr ace players over nothing games.

Terry-Randal said:
It goes down why wasn't he rested against the Storm ?When you've made the finals never risk yr ace players over nothing games.

But he wasn't injured at the time was he? He is paid to play after all.

Clint said:
Terry-Randal said:

But he wasn't injured at the time was he? He is paid to play after all.

He has had niggling knee and hamstring problems all year. Coaches need to have wisdom and make decisions that will help them win the comp. Especially over a player who Manly is totally dependent on like snake.

I never believe he is playing untill I see him run out. If he does Im more confident of a win but I've learnt not to buy into the will he/ wont he play that happens every week.
I have faith in the 17.

Think the Sharkies tactics will be to play it hard and turf down the middle, Biff us. Put us off our game. Gal will run straight at Faoso, to try to launch his team. Having an "old head" at the back will see us outclass them. By the 60 th min, MWSE will b well on top. Snake can come off, Sit, rest. MWSE by 16.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6