Last chance or Rookie call

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So, your argument is let's stick with experienced players who aren't up to NRL standard with little hope of improvement rather than trying new players who may be even worse?
I think you need another beer because your glass is empty.

who’s not up to first grade standard? Are you proposing we drop Cust for Shuster? A guy who has shown glimpses of talent at first grade level and has earned praise of many experts for his potential and the way he has handled himself? What about when Shuster is in that position after half a dozen games, do we move onto the next guy?

the ones letting us down are the less experienced guys on our squad. Our squad overall is pretty young and inexperienced, especially with the injuries to our guys that have played big games. You don’t fix that by throwing in rookies who haven’t had a run due to COVID.

Agree with young Hoffman. But in fairness, his experienced inside men let him down terribly. Brooks, and especially Mbye left him wondering are we up and in, are we darting out of the line to cut the offence off early. It was diabolical.
But I take your point. Hoffman came in with big wraps on him as a young up and comer, but Madge will be working overtime to instil some confidence back into him after the other night.
Mybe was hopeless,no idea at centre,hope Qld pick him there in SOO,actually liked Hoffman,a lot of upside.It's pretty hard to defend on the wing when the centre and yourself have no idea what the centre is going to do....think he is actually a centre being asked to fill in on the wing.

who’s not up to first grade standard? Are you proposing we drop Cust for Shuster? A guy who has shown glimpses of talent at first grade level and has earned praise of many experts for his potential and the way he has handled himself? What about when Shuster is in that position after half a dozen games, do we move onto the next guy?

the ones letting us down are the less experienced guys on our squad. Our squad overall is pretty young and inexperienced, especially with the injuries to our guys that have played big games. You don’t fix that by throwing in rookies who haven’t had a run due to COVID.
Schuster and Guaca both deserve to be in our 17. Surely the last two weeks has shown we lack firepower. The longer you wait to give them a run the harder it will be for them to be competitive when they are finally introduced, which will be forced on Des due to the inevitable injuries our players cop.
I am not advocating Hoppa Jnr receives a call-up as I have no idea how he is training. But the other two are big, mature bodies who will stand up to First Grade. Guaca showed last year that he has what it takes.

Love nothing more than Des at the helm of Manly - he lives and breathes Manly....but if there is not a solid performance tomorrow vs Illawarra, it's time to straight up give Schuster and Hoppa a crack, plus like to see Guocomole have a run as he adds more attacking options through the ruck than anyone we have atm.
Hope to see a big effort tomorrow, but feel it's time these youngsters need a crack sooner rather than later and just maybe, could change the momentum of our season....

You said it. Time for some changes

You said it. Time for some changes
XV-1.....Let me say, they all carry on about winning on the back of defence, my thing is in the modern game- you need to score a few too.....The Manly attacks tonight was so slow and cumbersome, it was embarrassing....,
I tell you now we played Sharks and now Illawarra back into form - Penrith would have beaten yhose sides by 40....shows where we are at....in fact - where are we - bottom 4 atm

Yeah, its time.

Blood all the youth, season is over regardless, if we stick with the same.

I mean we need everything right now, but...
We desperately need some pace. It's embarrassing how slow, cumbersome and plodding we look compared to the top sides, and mid tier sides...

XV-1.....Let me say, they all carry on about winning on the back of defence, my thing is in the modern game- you need to score a few too.....The Manly attacks tonight was so slow and cumbersome, it was embarrassing....,
I tell you now we played Sharks and now Illawarra back into form - Penrith would have beaten yhose sides by 40....shows where we are at....in fact - where are we - bottom 4 atm

As much as I like Parker and Tafua. Both of them are too slow to be on one side. One or both of them need to go and we need some speed.

Gotta consider Metcalfe at fullback, similar to Duffy and is creative.
Hoppa or Funa to wing over Jorge, he's just too slow.
Schuster to bench
Olokoatu Waddell and Sipley are also better bench options than Gosiewski and Paseka... Time for a change.
These aren't drastic changes but geez it gives us some creativity and speed.
Metcalfe for Elliott
Hoppa for Jorge
Schuster for Gosiewski
Sipley for Paseka.

Gotta consider Metcalfe at fullback, similar to Duffy and is creative.
Hoppa or Funa to wing over Jorge, he's just too slow.
Schuster to bench
Olokoatu Waddell and Sipley are also better bench options than Gosiewski and Paseka... Time for a change.
These aren't drastic changes but geez it gives us some creativity and speed.
Metcalfe for Elliott
Hoppa for Jorge
Schuster for Gosiewski
Sipley for Paseka.
Not sure exactly what- but a few of the options you mention are hopefully done...if nothing else will add some unpredictability to our play right ??

You don't blood guys who haven't ever had a run in reserve grade in a team that is already struggling with a lack of cohesion. Especially in key positions. There's a long line of "failed" halves who have had their confidence knocked by being thrown to the wolves too early. Also, consider the damage it would do to someone like Cust who has earned a chance to show what he's capable of and is somewhat experienced against men.
Care to alter your opinion now?

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4