Lame - Orford doesn't do the press conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy link said:
If the entire team was even with Orford as you suggest Rex then we would have our first wooden spoon for breaking the salary cap by about $7 million give or take a few hundred thousand.

At least then George Rose could step in as a second field goal option for you.

Reading for meaning not your strong point Fluffy?

Actually Rex, most of your posts are.  I would suggest that most of our plays in attack (meaning in their 20) ARE directed by Orford.  He demands the ball.  If you're at the games, and look closely at the plays, especially from behind the goal line, you can see him calling.  And that's a major reason why we arn't winning.  Sure, not the only one, but a big reason.  With regard to Orford and Stewart, Orford doesn't seem to have adjusted for the absence of 'Snake'.  To see Robbo attempting to do a 'snake' is sad.  He's not slick enough.  Why put on plays when Stewart isn't on the ground?  Why doesn't Orford adjust?  I just think he's out of form, simple as that..You assert he's our only half option.  That's your opinion, but others have different opinions, simple really.  Your question at the end of your post is answered by most observers, yes, he is relatively easy to defend against.    Anyway hopefully he'll get his mojo back and play a blinder on Saturday.  If he does I'll acknowledge the part he played.  Will you be at the game?  If yes, we could stand together and discuss the various plays as they unfold.  Cheers. 

If you want to read ALL my posts as facetious, DSM, then be my guest.  

Let's humour your thought world and for argument sake just suppose that Orford always asks for the ball as you claim.  And THAT is the reason we are not winning, as you claim.  Now in this hypothetical fantasy world of yours where you presume Ballin, Lyon, Gift, in fact anyone who has the ball is not man enough to take the opportunity in front of them when it presents because Orford supposedly calls for the ball - then who do we "blame" - as you are so desperate to blame someone.  The person who wants the ball or the person who doesn't man up?  Or the coach?  

What is it DSM?

Then in your thought-world because Orford loses his prime go to target, Snake, and Robbo is not up to it and Manly lose strike power then THAT is Orford's fault too?  In your thought-world is he at fault for global warming too? And the GFC?

Cute attempted lure DSM.  But sitting in hope that in your thought-world Orford would be a hero is like hoping pigs will fly.  Clearly too much ego invested for you to make that assessment mate.

Listen fuquit, I didn't say THAT is the reason I said it's a major reason.  There's a difference.  I'm over you Rex.  Obviously you don't attend games where you can see more of the play unfold.  For the sake of clarity please read what people post and not make up stuff.  The creation of straw dogs is not a genuine way to make a point. 

Rex link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=181254.msg235335#msg235335 date=1249612060]
If the entire team was even with Orford as you suggest Rex then we would have our first wooden spoon for breaking the salary cap by about $7 million give or take a few hundred thousand.

At least then George Rose could step in as a second field goal option for you.

Reading for meaning not your strong point Fluffy?
[/quote]

Actually its pretty good i was just brushing up on my reading as a Rex would.

Early scores are 9.5, 9.5 and 10.

I have order the new maroon and white glasses with the 4 inch blikners to get to straight 10's but they are not due for 3 weeks so thats the best i can offer.

DSM I should correct you on spelling but I am actually giving you an applaud for the creative application of language in the use of the term "fuquit" :)

DSM5 link said:
Listen fuquit, I didn't say THAT is the reason I said it's a major reason.  There's a difference.  I'm over you Rex.  Obviously you don't attend games where you can see more of the play unfold.  For the sake of clarity please read what people post and not make up stuff.  The creation of straw dogs is not a genuine way to make a point.  

You LOVE dishing it out DSM, and believe that others should be subject to intense and non-stop scrutiny, labelling and criticism.  And when scrutiny, labelling and/or criticism is directed your way, you cry foul play.  

You make up stories in your head (like that I don't attend games), and state them as obvious fact.  Then jump on a tiny difference in wording - "the reason" versus "a major reason" - a difference irrelevant to the point I was making - as evidence that I "make up stuff", and create "straw dogs".

You're over me and want to label me "fuquit".

OK.

Cant believe some here think Cherry-Evans is going to do better than Orford.  Just watched him closely then on Fox and he is not ready and would not do half the job Orford does.  He has promise but not a viable solution yet. 

Garts link said:
Cant believe some here think Cherry-Evans is going to do better than Orford.  Just watched him closely then on Fox and he is not ready and would not do half the job Orford does.  He has promise but not a viable solution yet. 

I haven't seen him play before (and I don't know whether you have seen him play other games either) but you can't judge the way he plays by just one game. From other previous reports of him from other games, he is supposed to be pretty good.  Maybe Trent Hodkinson could be a better option as that is what Crusher bought him to the club for as the next back up for Orford if he was injured. He seems to do well in the QLD Cup (but then on talking up the QLD Cup, Neumann does alright up there as well).

I have seen him play probably a dozen games in the last 2 years and I think he is talented.  However is not up to first grade standard.

Hodkinson, not seen much of, only 2 games.  As you said he kills it in the Qld cup but so does Neumann.  I was pretty impressed with his long kicking game.  But he did not seem to take control and come up with great options in the 2 games I have seen him play. 

Hey Rex, I think you have a point not blaming Orford for this loss.

They were all ****, without exception.

I'm staying off the radar by blaming all the players Des doesn't pick.  Fro, I don't think I'd include Choc in the blame stakes.  But what I'd really really like to know, is, just how does one not get picked in this team?  Just how badly do you have to play to be dumped back to reserve grade?       

DSM5 link said:
I'm staying off the radar by blaming all the players Des doesn't pick.  Fro, I don't think I'd include Choc in the blame stakes.  But what I'd really really like to know, is, just how does one not get picked in this team?  Just how badly do you have to play to be dumped back to reserve grade?        

Neauman like it would seem but even then you'll get alot of goes.

DSM5 link said:
Just how badly do you have to play to be dumped back to reserve grade?       

Ask Cuthbo. He's been there for several weeks now and also Heath got sent there last week to fill in for Cuthbo.

DSM5 link said:
I'm staying off the radar by blaming all the players Des doesn't pick.  Fro, I don't think I'd include Choc in the blame stakes.     

Choc's discipline went straight out the window on a number of occasions, to be seen arguing with his captain in front of the posts was not good, especially from someone who is touted as a senior player and possible captain.

Regardless of what Orford does, he is still the captain and deserves at least a modicum of respect for that post, any squabbles should not be done as he did. that just made us look more like a rabble.

But as far as his play went he was ok in a badly beaten mob

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4