Lachlan Croker ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
A lot of discussion about Croker ... for and against on several threads .... kid probably deserves his own ...

One thing to remember with this bloke is that since he first did his knee in 2016 .. he has played a total of 25 FG games ... and about half of those off the bench for short periods .... that isn't much footy over 5 years ..... and for the past 5 months has been under going re-training as a hooker ...

It is not a surprise that he is a bit dusty as a 5/8 .... I think that he would be thinking that his chances of becoming a starting half are diminishing ... and hooker is his best shot ....

What he needs most is to get a lot of footy under his belt .... but that doesn't appear to be going to happen anytime soon ...

Kid might end up a victim of circumstances .... but we know he has courage and perseverance .... and I wish him all the luck in the world ...

Can defend well, has an ordinary passing game, a reasonable kicking game, average running game, big heart, confused often, little stability - as moved around, reasonable to keep on for depth, but personally don't feel the answer in the Top side....however wish him well and hope he can throw a king size egg at my head by playing some Dazzling footy in coming weeks...

I'm a bit torn on Froggy - I love a good "underdog comes good" story & feel for him for the number of injuries & subsequent setbacks he's had, but must admit I've been pretty frustrated at some of his mistakes this season.

He tries very hard & that's possibly why he makes such glaring mistakes but I do wish he'd be just a tad more conservative with what he tries to do so as to reduce the number of errors he makes.

It's a dilemma because a few weeks ago (was it Sharks or Saints game?) he tried to kick a 40-20 that went out on the full then a week later he kicked one that worked, so he can do good stuff.

I think croaker plays his best coming off the bench into hooker where I feel he's at this stage more capable than what I've seen Levi produce.

Neither Croaker, Cust or Walker should be looked at as a permanent 5/8 imo but our salary cap is probably completely borked and you do what you can.

He is damn tough, which is underestimated by some.
The main problem is the way this year has panned out his first thought is to "force a play", to keep his spot in the side....basically he is trying too hard for whatever reason.

I like him at 14.

I also would like to see him start at 9 for a few games, give him some time to build into a game, and have the more experienced Levi come on against a tired defence and actually pick his moments.

A lot of discussion about Croker ... for and against on several threads .... kid probably deserves his own ...

One thing to remember with this bloke is that since he first did his knee in 2016 .. he has played a total of 25 FG games ... and about half of those off the bench for short periods .... that isn't much footy over 5 years ..... and for the past 5 months has been under going re-training as a hooker ...

It is not a surprise that he is a bit dusty as a 5/8 .... I think that he would be thinking that his chances of becoming a starting half are diminishing ... and hooker is his best shot ....

What he needs most is to get a lot of footy under his belt .... but that doesn't appear to be going to happen anytime soon ...

Kid might end up a victim of circumstances .... but we know he has courage and perseverance .... and I wish him all the luck in the world ...
He’s a trier, and you never knock a trier.
Very true the limited game opportunities have slowed down any development. He probably tries too hard, but I hope he can persevere and turn the corner

My one game at Brookie so far was vs the Knights and I went from a Croker fan to a Croker abuser in the first 40. From memory he dropped the ball on the first tackle, threw one pass into the crowd, and also presided over the scrum where we had the feed but conceded a penalty. Not his fault probably but I abused him for that anyhow. (twice this year we've done that, what the Dickens?!!)
Actually I'm still a Croker fan, I just don't say it much any more.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4