Koori Knockout returns after Covid break

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Amazed if its not washed out with the amount of rain they have had down there.

When I still lived in Moree we held one of these events there ( we meaning the town).

It’s amazing how many come to attend , literally thousands and thousands.

Security can be a massive issue as they all get on the piss and there’s some epic crowd and supporter fights

But in saying that there’s no denying the passion they hold for the game and the desire they all have to win.

And for bush footy there’s some pretty amazing games.

But certainly safer to watch it on TV than attending to watch.

Latrell played today,despite saying he had rib problems which contributed to his lack of involvement last week in the prelim

NITV and SBS will provide Live coverage of 50th Koori Knockout events, which begin from Friday 30 September to Monday 3 October.
Big week for the indigenous folk they have had the Qld murrie comp at redcliffe all week.

The indigenous guys are the reason junior footy needs to go back to weight not age. Size wise they just don't compete with the islander kiddies.

Zac Sadler and Joel Thompson playing for WAC now on SBS,
Barba and latrine also playing.

Indigenous players are the heart and soul of bush footy. This isn't going to be politically correct and I don't care. They can commit to a footy club as twenty year olds because they aren't like most other fellas in the bush thinking they need to have a mortgage and set up a business for themselves or have all the pressures most young men have now. They generally reside in areas where they have tremendous familial support which allows for babysitting (I hate that American word) child minding- even that's not accurate, but community looking after kids so that players both men and women now can train and play.

The scourge of ice has decimated the community of footy that used to unite the indigenous places I knew when I grew up.

I'm not blowing my own trumpet but I know a bit about our first nations people, wouldn't dare pretend to speak for them but working with and for them has been my job for the past fourteen years in the territory and as far as you can go north in Queensland.

But I grew up in North West NSW and Katherine and was lucky enough to play with Owen Craigie and his little brother Ray Ray, and played up a year against Preston, and the Duke boys from Moree, played in rep teams with Dean Widders from about eleven until sixteen but three knee recos at the age of nineteen kind of halted my progression (still had pricks calling me when I'd decided to pack it in and focus on uni...not so humble brag).

I watched the last 15 minutes of the GF. The only time Latrine touched the ball was to pass or to take a shot at goal. He was either injured or disinterested.
Saddler had a crack. He had his thigh bandaged and was hobbling so he was struggling through injury.
Barba tried a few risky plays, none of which came off.
As mentioned above, the Walgett winger would give Saab a good run for his money. He blew a try by kicking instead of passing which is a trend that has crept into the NRL in the past few seasons.

Indigenous players are the heart and soul of bush footy. This isn't going to be politically correct and I don't care. They can commit to a footy club as twenty year olds because they aren't like most other fellas in the bush thinking they need to have a mortgage and set up a business for themselves or have all the pressures most young men have now. They generally reside in areas where they have tremendous familial support which allows for babysitting (I hate that American word) child minding- even that's not accurate, but community looking after kids so that players both men and women now can train and play.

The scourge of ice has decimated the community of footy that used to unite the indigenous places I knew when I grew up.

I'm not blowing my own trumpet but I know a bit about our first nations people, wouldn't dare pretend to speak for them but working with and for them has been my job for the past fourteen years in the territory and as far as you can go north in Queensland.

But I grew up in North West NSW and Katherine and was lucky enough to play with Owen Craigie and his little brother Ray Ray, and played up a year against Preston, and the Duke boys from Moree, played in rep teams with Dean Widders from about eleven until sixteen but three knee recos at the age of nineteen kind of halted my progression (still had pricks calling me when I'd decided to pack it in and focus on uni...not so humble brag).
Not sure if you realised but I’m a Moree boy , born and lived there for my first 50 years.

So equally I know exactly what you are saying and concur fully.

I watched a fair bit of it over the weekend

Mitchell was clearly playing within himself - why who knows but the feedback from the people on the ground has been very very positive

Not sure if you realised but I’m a Moree boy , born and lived there for my first 50 years.

So equally I know exactly what you are saying and concur fully.
Yeah I know mate I remember when I rated the top three players I'd ever seen I had Sun Boy Pekham in my three and you were the only one who knew who he was. The Mcgradys were good but there was a kid called Agro who came through a year below me and made the group 19 and North West teams I did growing up but after about 15 or 16 when my knees were shot I think the lifestyle claimed him. He was as close to Owie as far as pure talent as I had seen.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4