Knock on - held - NO it's a try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Oh well
Leading 12-6 it had to happen
Cleary bomb
Martin clearly knocks on
Regathers the ball and fall in his back with zero momentum constituting held once the Manly bloke has hands on him and he does
Maybe not ?
He passes off the ground ??
No elbow rule here as no momentum going forward
Anyways it a Penrith in the corner and 12 all
Feel sorry for the players who have had a serious dig tonight and deserve the lead....penriths other try an intercept
Need to cut down the Penrith wingers and keep up this flamboyant style and sti a show
We can do this 💪

Last edited:
Didn't take long. Why would the club keep itself accountable when they know so many supporters continue to make excuses for them.

Sickening really

One referee error vs a dozen from us, I’m more annoyed at the team. Garrick kicking on 0, Matterson passing it to Penrith on 0, kicking early, silly intercept throw, and roughly a thousand knock ons in the second half hurt us way more than officiating. We are a poorly coached group.

Didn't take long. Why would the club keep itself accountable when they know so many supporters continue to make excuses for them.

Sickening really
Always a Doomsdayer coming to the Party.

At 12 - 6 and the Manly side making 4 line breaks to 1, they copped a ridiculous decision involving 3 blatent infringements that led to a try to equalise the game, it's called a fact, so your credability is shot right there.

Manly did however show how far off the pace we are against the worst Penrith side Ive seen all season with low intensity 75% of the game, yet really, Manly couldn't go with them.

There are no excuses as fell well short and as an example the better Manly sides of the past would have fought harder after such bad calls against them and run away with the game.
I think we simply lack the players t do it and have a few players who should be passed over to Blacktown and give blokes willing to have a 100% dig a go - there's the excuse.

One referee error vs a dozen from us, I’m more annoyed at the team. Garrick kicking on 0, Matterson passing it to Penrith on 0, kicking early, silly intercept throw, and roughly a thousand knock ons in the second half hurt us way more than officiating. We are a poorly coached group.
Yeh 2nd half was horrible, couldn't get it right as that first half swung the ball wide with nice cohesion, but again due to a combined poor fitness, effort and ability did not connect well that 2nd half as the 50% completion rate showed.

none of that made us loose. poor coaching and fitness are the 3 words that come to mind
More like the players I would think.
Put that Manly team in Penrith jerseys under Cleary.
Then put the Penrith players in Manly jerseys under Seibold and we are all calling Seibold a genius coach afetr an Easy Win.
I do however agree the fitness appears an issue and has in many games.

Oh well
Leading 12-6 it had to happen
Cleary bomb
Martin clearly knocks on
Regathers the ball and fall in his back with zero momentum constituting held once the Manly bloke has hands on him and he does
Maybe not ?
He passes off the ground ??
No elbow rule here as no momentum going forward
Anyways it a Penrith in the corner and 12 all
Feel sorry for the players who have had a serious dig tonight and deserve the lead....penriths other try an intercept
Need to cut down the Penrith wingers and keep up this flamboyant style and sti a show
We can do this 💪

PS) Anyone reading this post, just realise it was a reactive post to a poor decision at half time, so don't take into account I didn't see Manly fall away horribly in that 2nd half like some fools who have posted below.
The Better side won at half mast showing clearly how far off the pace Manly are by this "Must Win" game and I was simply ''trying" to refer to a filthy call Manly copped on half time after being the better side the 1st 40m.

Didn't need the PS mate, you're spot on. Infuriating officiating. I also think that call completely changed the complexion of the game.

Sutton let them get away with murder around the ruck. I believe he was told so after blowing some consecutive 6 agains against us.

I also feel Croker was shepherd off the ball for the Panthers try at the end as well. It looked like one on three camera angles, yet they show the ONE where it didn't look at bad given the optical illusion angle.

****ing disgusting, and Sutton should be dropped for next week if the NRL is serious.

EDIT: and what about To'o's clear knock on closer to the end in the change of possession? WTF !

Didn't need the PS mate, you're spot on. Infuriating officiating. I also think that call completely changed the complexion of the game.

Sutton let them get away with murder around the ruck. I believe he was told so after blowing some consecutive 6 agains against us.

I also feel Croker was shepherd off the ball for the Panthers try at the end as well. It looked like one on three camera angles, yet they show the ONE where it didn't look at bad given the optical illusion angle.

****ing disgusting, and Sutton should be dropped for next week if the NRL is serious.

EDIT: and what about To'o's clear knock on closer to the end in the change of possession? WTF !
I know right - 100%

Thing is - we do need to improve - do need to get better mate....and happy to discuss this, but these had a mighty effect on the game and that is fact.

If we were a better team could we overcome it, likely yes, but after busting out a Massive effort 1st half and playing pretty much to their ability was a cruel thing to happen....

But these are not unicorns but facts from the game, the 50% handling second half and many other objectives I would never defend, but that was a Massive turnaround at a key moment.

And Your right about the PS, not needed :wait: Goneskies

I know right

Thing is - we do need to improve - do need to get better mate

But these are not unicorns but facts from the game, the 50% handling second half and many other objectives I would never defend, but that was a Massive turnaround at a key moment.

Agree entirely. We were well on top at that point. We were playing to a system, it was working and Panthers were shell shocked (in my opinion). That one call completely changed momentum, and given we are a fragile group (right now), heads dropped a little (in my opinion).

I'm with you, there were parts of the game (Garrick's kick, dropping balls, defensive line speed slowing & a few things etc etc) we weren't happy with, but Sutton farked us tonight - royally. Your calling that out has no bearing on your opinion of the game overall - I get it mate.

EDIT: Hope Siebold gets a $10k fine tonight - and I don't mean that in a negative way - the ref deserves it).

Re: the Martin Knock-on

This was a stuff up by Sutton and his touchie for missing it. Unfortunately, because there was a completed tackle between the knock-on and the try, under the rules the bunker can not go back past the previous play the ball on a scoring play. Once Saab tackled (I think) Smith, that was it as far as the bunker could rule. As I think @mickqld said in the game day thread ... if Penrith had actually scored off that play it would have been overruled. But because there was a completed tackle THEN the try ... the bunker was actually powerless to do anything but confirm the try.

The on-field officials missed it or if they didn't, they never called it. And then the stupidity of the rules the bunker is governed by compounded it.

And what's worse is that on non-scoring plays ... the bunker CAN go back multiple tackles, something we've been hit with in previous games.

We'll get the usual means nothing Monday morning apology from Graham Annesley ... but it won't make the NRL change the rules so the bunker can go back multiple tackles on scoring plays. And it won't go anywhere to changing tonight's result.

Last edited:
Re: the Martin Knock-on

This was a stuff up by Sutton and his touchie for missing it. Unfortunately, because there was a completed tackle between the knock-on and the try, under the rules the bunker can not go back past the previous play the ball on a scoring play. Once Saab tackled (I think) Smith, that was it as far as the bunker could rule. As I think @mickqld said in the game day thread ... if Penrith had actually scored off that play it would have been overruled. But because there was a completed tackle THEN the try ... the bunker was actually powerless to do anything but confirm the try.

The on-field officials missed it or if they didn't, they never called it. And then the stupidity of the rules the bunker is governed by compounded it.

And what's worse is that on non-scoring plays ... the bunker CAN go back multiple tackles, something we've been hit with in previous games.

We'll get the usual means nothing Monday morning apology from Graham Annesley ... but it won't make the NRL change the rules so the bunker can go back multiple tackles on scoring plays. And it won't go anywhere to changing tonight's result.
Something else came to me about this situation and happy to stand corrected
I believe I've seen penalties the past season or 2, where a kicker is taken out late and there have been 2, even 3 tackles after the fact, yet the ref gets a word from the bunker and pulls up play, runs 60m downfield and gives a penalty to the defending team.....why would the same not apply to a try that is awarded 2 tackles later ???
Anyways over now, but be a stinker if a team gets robbed by this in a GF....

Something else came to me about this situation and happy to stand corrected
I believe I've seen penalties the past season or 2, where a kicker is taken out late and there have been 2, even 3 tackles after the fact, yet the ref gets a word from the bunker and pulls up play, runs 60m downfield and gives a penalty to the defending team.....why would the same not apply to a try that is awarded 2 tackles later ???
Anyways over now, but be a stinker if a team gets robbed by this in a GF....

I have seen that happen too. Please don't ask me to explain how the NRL mind works because I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to even start lol.

There was actually an incident in one of our games a few weeks back where we got called for a fairly innocuous obstruction around halfway on the field. It was one of those that commentators always ask when a try has been scored but the bunker had disallowed for obstruction "if it wasn't in a scoring position but back downfield, would the obstruction be called??" Well ... the bunker intervened and we got penalised. Had to be us didn't it......

I think it was in the win over the Dolphins. Not sure TBH, but it was definitely at Brookie.

Last edited:
More like the players I would think.
Put that Manly team in Penrith jerseys under Cleary.
Then put the Penrith players in Manly jerseys under Seibold and we are all calling Seibold a genius coach afetr an Easy Win.
I do however agree the fitness appears an issue and has in many games.
My mate says it all the time. When you play someone like the panthers ,who are on top on the tree, you will never get the 50/50 decisions or the rub of the green, so you have to play smarter and harder to win, because nothing is going to go your way, and we did neither. As for people bagging DCE, the bloke always busts his guts trying to get something happing, because no one else is doing anything. He has a 5/8 who only gets involved when he feels like it. Yeah he is going to make mistakes because he has no help. I bet he cant wait for the season to be over as well. The Schu needs to wake up and start giving DCE some help. He didn't stay off social media for long, he is back on it now. Kristy Fulton said it, He has to grow up and realise his potential, he is no good to us if he doesn't, he will just be another plodder

What is the point of having a Bunker that is hamstrung by stupid rules? It can spend minutes trying to CSI a finger-touch or a strip/loose carry but it can't rule on blatant referee mistakes leading up to a 'try'. Nor can it rule on blatant forward passes.
The Bunker creates more angst amongst fans than it solves. It will always be imperfect, just like on-field referees, so why go to all the expense?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8