Post-Game Discussion Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Knights
Vs
Sea Eagles
6 McDonald Jones Stadium
07 Apr 2022 19:50
79th minute

Match Stats

People with an involvement in the club should not be calling their games. In addition I was really shocked and disappointed by Voss last night who in my opinion appeared to have it in for Manly. Very poor form and unprofessional.
I thought the same. He constantly whinged about Manly and how we held them down too long and also calling for Harper to be sin-binned over the Pomga HIA was totally biased & wrong.

He should get his facts right about Ponga leaving the field for an HIA. It wasn't because of Harper's tackle it was in the next set where he was flung to the ground by DCE and hit his head on the Turf. Agree he was totally and utterly unprofessional last night. I felt like throwing something into the TV screen whenever I heard his voice.!!

I thought the same. He constantly whinged about Manly and how we held them down too long and also calling for Harper to be sin-binned over the Pomga HIA was totally biased & wrong.

He should get his facts right about Ponga leaving the field for an HIA. It wasn't because of Harper's tackle it was in the next set where he was flung to the ground by DCE and hit his head on the Turf. Agree he was totally and utterly unprofessional last night. I felt like throwing something into the TV screen whenever I heard his voice.!!
I watched nein so missed hearing Voss, thankfully.

On the kayo mini replay I got to hear him bang on about field goals and rick chisolm 1982 - this is at the same time there are 3 great runs by manly players which finish with lawton scoring.

A very good example of how bad voss is, he loves the sound of his own voice and doesn't describe the game in front of him.

A very good example of how bad voss is, he loves the sound of his own voice and doesn't describe the game in front of him.
So true of most commentators these days.
Really liked Ray Warren back in the old Amco cup days where he focused on calling the game with no extraneous bullsh!t

Pretty satisfying win considering the conditions , Manly adapted well , excellent completion rates , plenty of resolve in defence . Maybe the knights could have thrown more at them but again Manly "s defence largely held up well . Luck is a bit of fortune with the disallowed knights tries but Manly were simply better in most departments . Harper was better but ahead of koula could be very debatable . Lawton does many useful things when he is on the park and that uncanny knack to score close to the oppositions line . Alioia strong again , Olokatu - atu a top game and Davey solid again , good go forward from Paseka . Walker an integral part of the game day 17 now . A win is a win at any stage of the season and a good outcome in the circumstances and on the knights home ground .

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Marty breaking the door in the team song video.
Could use a bit more of that aggression on the field.
Breaking news in DT tomorrow. NRL investigating Manly for trashing dressing room after win in Newcastle. Could lose the two points and be fined $200K.

Who do you guys reckon we take out for Schuster next week?
Only thing i can see is josh replacing Keppie on the bench , Davey probably should keep his spot at least in the short term in the 2 nd row with Oloka . Jake to have more time as a prop but a bench with Walker , Lawton ,Paseka and Josh probably unlikely . Maybe Davey on the bench with Tent , Walks and lawman and Josh starting with Oloka if Josh 's form warranted it . Wouldn "t expect josh to be a 13 in the short term with Dylan still here . just have to wait and see , josh certainly would not be pleased not being in the 17 but form can or should be the only requirement for game day inclusion obviously .

I noticed after the game they had to have their pic taken with the Mal Reilly trophy and they were like a well oiled machine getting into place. It was astonishingly quick.
No doubting Dessie. He drills them in every aspect. Good to know we’re ready for our premiership snaps!

I noticed after the game they had to have their pic taken with the Mal Reilly trophy and they were like a well oiled machine getting into place. It was astonishingly quick.
No doubting Dessie. He drills them in every aspect. Good to know we’re ready for our premiership snaps!
Screenshot 2022-04-08 142035.jpg

looks like walker missed the memo for getting in on time LOL

Marty needs a rest. I'd go
Aloai
Croker
Jake
Schuster
Ole
Davey
With a a bench of
Walker
Lawton
Paseka
Sipley/ Keppie/Boyle/Tiutivake/Marty in a weekly rotation to give them some game time till injuries or state of origin arises

Very proud of the team. Said it in the game day thread, but a big shout out to all the forwards for their bullocking work up the guts, then some great line speed in defence.

But can someone please tell me what the 6 again numbers were?

Felt like 20-0 against Manly.
Dessie said in the presser it was 6-2, with penalties 7 a piece. But he knew the journos were trying to bait him, so he gave them nothing after that.

The way the rotations are being made with Walker coming on after 20 and Jake moving to prop for the rest of the game I think Josh will come in and Marty will be given a rest to get over his shoulder injury. Josh can come on for Davey who could move to the middle if needed. Paseka to start with Keppie to come on.

Such a good problem to have.

Firstly I just hope DES does give players a rest in coming months and gets the rotations right.

Being fit and healthy and having developed our playing depth and strength is just so important come the big games.

And DES seems so resistant to change.

Yeah Voss & Ennis on Harper's shutdown tackle on Ponga:

"SEND HIM OFF FOR A HIGH SHOT!!!"

Voss & Ennis on the high shot on Keppie when he stayed down foxing for a crusher tackle penalty:

"Well I dont know what he expects (Newcastle defender's name) to do when he falls into him like that?"

Yeah Voss & Ennis on Harper's shutdown tackle on Ponga:

"SEND HIM OFF FOR A HIGH SHOT!!!"

Voss & Ennis on the high shot on Keppie when he stayed down foxing for a crusher tackle penalty:

"Well I dont know what he expects (Newcastle defender's name) to do when he falls into him like that?"
Ennus was way better than Voss. Pulled him up a few times.

That was one of Manly’s most satisfying wins in a fair while.

I think the team took an awareness that they had been burnt off by poor refereeing decisions, plus questionable Newcastle tactics in their three previous encounters, into this game. Manly played accordingly.

From the kickoff they looked up for it and even when Newcastle scored I thought Manly always had their measure and if they did lose, it wouldn’t be due to a lackadaisical performance.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12