Post-Game Discussion Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Knights
Vs
Sea Eagles
6 McDonald Jones Stadium
07 Apr 2022 19:50
79th minute

Match Stats

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Davey has played extremely well since his return, and congrats to him for scoring his first FG try! I assume Schuster comes straight back in, but I like the idea of Davey out there for the full 80 mins. He’s just a good, honest footballer.

The Who

Journey Man
I'm delighted with the way we finished but let's not forget that Newcastle would have been leading 12-10 had the Randall try been awarded. Plus we dodged a bullet with the Bunker also overruling an early Knight's "try". This was an extremely tight match for the first 60 minutes.
The refereeing was nitpickingly poor, particularly in the conditions which made the wrestle more prominent and it harder for defenders to get back 10 metres. Too many penalties and the 6-agains were a joke. They never seem to publish the six-again stats so I'd be interested to know what they were. Hiding such stats helps a ref get away with bias.

JBW

Reserve Grader
Ecstatic with this win, like others, this match had me concerned.. Discipline and not shutting down offloads still a worry but everything went against us tonight, from the penalty count to muppetbrain Voss death riding us and we got the job done.

A very happy Manly fan tonight.

The Who

Journey Man
Davey has played extremely well since his return, and congrats to him for scoring his first FG try! I assume Schuster comes straight back in, but I like the idea of Davey out there for the full 80 mins. He’s just a good, honest footballer.
It looks like our big off-season purchase, Bullemor, will struggle to get into our top 17. The Shoe has to come in, but where? If you keep Foran at 5/8 (and his form this season has been good) then it has to be on the bench as a utility, even though we have The Lawman and Walker doing this role beautifully. He could possibly play as a centre, although Parker, Harpo, Koala and now Tippytoes have these positions covered.
I like to see Davey start the match, do the hard stuff with Al, and then do a stint in the front row. When the match opens up we slip The Shoe into the second row. It's complicated, but what a good problem to have.

Ben

Bencher
Have we finally figured out how to play in the wet? Wow I never thought I would see the day…
Extremely pumped and proud of how we went about our business tonight.
Incredible win in the wet and away from home.

Remy

shuu
So proud of that win. Torrential rain, no Tommy, underdogs, and come out with a solid 13+ win. Absolute bash-up of the middles led by Aloiai once again and the fast-improving Paseka. Both need to be starting. DCE besides the crossfield Saab kick and kick out on full, was superb again. Dylan Edwards is an Aldi version of Reuben Garrick as a fullback. Davey and Smole dominant. Lawton with the big game-winning plays, needs more minutes. Harper's confidence rising. Walker is a hero, his Xfactor is crucial to our premiership chances. And Christian Tui with a great run on debut, was so impressive, my favorite out of the back 5.

3 IN A ROW LETS KEEP THIS ROLLING!!!! GO MANLYYYYYY

Remy

shuu
What's everyone's back 5 for next week?

I still reckon Tolu should have a shot at FB. Garrick solid, but could've gotten more involved in attack. Tolu as a natural fullback will use that space and be an X factor on a dry track. CHRISTIAN HAS TO STAY. HE WAS UNBELIEVABLE. I don't know where he goes, personally might just give a rest for Saab, give him a reggies stint for him to reset.

1. Tolu
2. Tui
3. Parker
4. Harper
5. Garrick

Most likely Des keeps Tolu out and keeps the same 5 as this week though lol.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
What's everyone's back 5 for next week?

I still reckon Tolu should have a shot at FB. Garrick solid, but could've gotten more involved in attack. Tolu as a natural fullback will use that space and be an X factor on a dry track. CHRISTIAN HAS TO STAY. HE WAS UNBELIEVABLE. I don't know where he goes, personally might just give a rest for Saab, give him a reggies stint for him to reset.

1. Tolu
2. Tui
3. Parker
4. Harper
5. Garrick

Most likely Des keeps Tolu out and keeps the same 5 as this week though lol.
Playing a rookie at FB is a huge risk. I suspect Des was always gonna play Garrick at 1.
I do agree that Saab could be the most at risk given the performances of Koula and Tippytoes.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
More from Post #1

Pressers:

Match Report:

Press Print & Video Articles:

It looks like our big off-season purchase, Bullemor, will struggle to get into our top 17. The Shoe has to come in, but where? If you keep Foran at 5/8 (and his form this season has been good) then it has to be on the bench as a utility, even though we have The Lawman and Walker doing this role beautifully. He could possibly play as a centre, although Parker, Harpo, Koala and now Tippytoes have these positions covered.
I like to see Davey start the match, do the hard stuff with Al, and then do a stint in the front row. When the match opens up we slip The Shoe into the second row. It's complicated, but what a good problem to have.
Love it - Davey is the hard arse, no nonsense, no mistake high effort guy we absolutely must have somewhere. So far in 4 starting games and one off the bench - not an error and I would gather not a missed tackle or only a couple. He also is exactly where he needs to be in defence and he is a load to bring down.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
Have we finally figured out how to play in the wet? Wow I never thought I would see the day…
Extremely pumped and proud of how we went about our business tonight.
Incredible win in the wet and away from home.
Yes, play Keppie for less than 20 mins

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16