Game Day: Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can someone help. Re that try that appeared to everyone but the bunker to be a double movement. Were there Manly hands on the bloke when the ball touched the ground the first time and well short of the line? The commentators on Fox kept carrying on about his elbow not touching the ground (ignoring the fact that the ball did). If there were no Manly hands on him than it’s OK for him to promote the ball, though still debatable as to whether he reached the line.

Do you happen to know what our for and against was after five rounds last season?

After 5 rounds in 2018, Manly were 2-3, though our for and against was 130-102. Of course that was greatly helped by the 54-0 win over the Worms in Rd.2.

We then went on to lose our next 4 games (including a 44-10 loss to the Worms just 4 weeks after the thrashing) and wouldn't win another game at Brookie until Rd.22 against the Dogs. Our only "home" win during that time was beating Brisbane 38-24 in Brisbane.

Can someone help. Re that try that appeared to everyone but the bunker to be a double movement. Were there Manly hands on the bloke when the ball touched the ground the first time and well short of the line? The commentators on Fox kept carrying on about his elbow not touching the ground (ignoring the fact that the ball did). If there were no Manly hands on him than it’s OK for him to promote the ball, though still debatable as to whether he reached the line.
https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1116985072731578368?s=19

The reason that the ball ended up on Nase' white boot and not the tryline was due to him grappling with Guerra adjacent to the goal post.

Last edited:
Last year Pearce anointed Ponga as his halves partner and now has been overuled by the coach, one wonders if this is leading to disharmony amongst the players.
Surley it must be hard to get combos going, then the blame comes out.

The problem for Newcastle is that if they play Ponga at pivot, he has the skills but it takes away a lot of his running game which right now is his greatest strength and leaves them without a decent fullback. Brown should never have played him in the halves, it was robbing Peter to pay Paul.

The problem for Newcastle is that if they play Ponga at pivot, he has the skills but it takes away a lot of his running game which right now is his greatest strength and leaves them without a decent fullback. Brown should never have played him in the halves, it was robbing Peter to pay Paul.
The problem for Newcastle is that he's the only one playing well. He's astonishingly good.
Nathan Brown has to go. Then Mary will be the only former loser St G player-turned-'coach' remaining.

I dont do Twitter so cant understand how the try was awarded unless the arm isnt on the ground. However I always thought ball grounded was ball grounded as long as the defender is holding the attacker.
Just click on the link to watch the twitter, you don't need to sign up

DT today:
https://outline.com/CvLK4p

Video nasty

Graham Annesley can expect a few questions on Monday afternoon after the Bunker strangely overturned a live ruling of ‘no try’ to award Aidan Guerra a controversial four-pointer in the second half. The Knights forward appeared to ground the ball short of the line before the Steeden came loose, but senior review official Henry Perenara ruled otherwise, flashing the green light to the delight of the 21,779 fans.

Pearce’s ‘Blake’ eye

Sea Eagles prop Addin Fonua-Blake is facing his second suspension of the season after he was placed on report and sent to the sin bin for a high shot that left Pearce with a black eye, although it quickly came out that he had the shiner leading into the game. The big man stuck out an arm that collected Pearce high as he charged forward to claim a second-half kick-off.

Just click on the link to watch the twitter, you don't need to sign up

DT today:
https://outline.com/CvLK4p

Video nasty

Graham Annesley can expect a few questions on Monday afternoon after the Bunker strangely overturned a live ruling of ‘no try’ to award Aidan Guerra a controversial four-pointer in the second half. The Knights forward appeared to ground the ball short of the line before the Steeden came loose, but senior review official Henry Perenara ruled otherwise, flashing the green light to the delight of the 21,779 fans.

Pearce’s ‘Blake’ eye

Sea Eagles prop Addin Fonua-Blake is facing his second suspension of the season after he was placed on report and sent to the sin bin for a high shot that left Pearce with a black eye, although it quickly came out that he had the shiner leading into the game. The big man stuck out an arm that collected Pearce high as he charged forward to claim a second-half kick-off.
Happily, Did you say Henry perenara?
Say no more

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-04-14-10-05-59.jpg
    Capture+_2019-04-14-10-05-59.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 8
Just waking up from lots of beers in the local pub in knights territory.........a most enjoyable time! Well done Manly........and Des!

Couldn't get to the game but got a leave pass to go to East Maitland Golf Club. Place was packed with Knight's supporters, most of which I know. Got a standing boooo walking in with Manly jersey on, Security told me to turn the notch down when I was screaming every time we scored. Got a couple of schooners thrown on me at full time. All in all, what a great night! Got boooo'd out as I was leaving too.

The Knights are one of the teams I most dislike in the NRL. I usually have sympathy for teams on the bottom end of the ladder but not this bunch. All this ex-Rooster - Kenny Towel, Pearce, Watson, Guerra etc etc love-fest sickens me. Sick of the biased commentary, and they always jag a questionable try.

And then Pearce staying down like he had been shot over a scratch. He jumped up pretty quick smart when the penalty came. Can't stand him.

Glad we could push these sorry cats aside and move on.

NYEagle

One of the best things about yesterday’s game was seeing Snake out on the field with the players when they were warming up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8