Post-Game Discussion Knights v Manly [Round 13, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Knights
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 McDonald Jones Stadium
28 May 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

What can more can he do on his own? He's also got a 9 whose only strength is his defence. So he's got no help in the 1,6 and 9 positions today.
I get all that
But i am sure if he had his time again he would have done things differently today. Some of his kicking options were poor and that part where he was running backwards did not work out too well. Sometimes he just needs to straighten up the attack.

We played very well last week, but considering the outs for this week, we didn't have momentum coming into the game. DCE (esp.), Jake & Turbo were very big outs. We will need a run of wins soon to have any hope of making the eight.

Poorly coached do they actually train or just do weights and sit around listening to Seibold talk crsp
Unleash The Power Within Upw GIF by Tony Robbins

I was glad to see Weekes get the fullback role but he didn't do himself any favours tonight, Garrick should be fullback next game and Vega/ Tippytoes wing , John's should never play again give Humphries a go give Arthur some time to become a ball playing forward and bring Gordon onto the bench
Having just signed Arthur, I don't think Humphries will ever get a go.

It was strange game because as good as the effort was from the forwards, there were too many ridiculous penalties that gifted the Knights field position and that proved the difference. We were fatigued to the point that the Knights were able to shift the ball against our retreating defensive line on many occasions.

Poor refereeing didn't help.

Keppie went good today . No knock there . Schu also held his own. Our right side D lost us that game. Koula and Johns horrible . Koula is worth persisting with and he’ll come good. Johns is not up to it. Though Jake A came on and we looked far less vulnerable. Weekes no good. Doesn’t offer much at all IMO
Koula was constantly coming in , because he had no trust in John's defense.

I’m sorry weekes is not a first grade fullback. He’s possibly a 14 maybe. He’s not up to standard at all. Cooper Johns is not up to it either. Sorry, tried hard but he’s not up to standard. Defence was much better in the second half when Arthur was on. In some parts of our attack it seriously looked like we had literally put this team together from complete strangers. Schuster running around backwards, players not running proper angles. It was a rabble today. Which I guess is fair enough when we’re missing the players we were but why can the good clubs just bring the next man in and it works.
I understand your frustration but Souths got done and leaked more points then we did. The next man up works when you lose one marquee player or a couple of regular first graders, but our three highest paid players all missed today's game and we have a minor injury crisis in the forwards. It makes sense that we would lose to a team playing at home with a full strength side, minus an edge back-rower.

I understand your frustration but Souths got done and leaked more points then we did. The next man up works when you lose one marquee player or a couple of regular first graders, but our three highest paid players all missed today's game and we have a minor injury crisis in the forwards. It makes sense that we would lose to a team playing at home with a full strength side, minus an edge back-rower.
Agree, however I think our forwards have looked better without Aloiai...

His last month of footy (before the injury) was disappointing.

The ref piss poor
The bunker on the nose
Cooper is not a first grader
Condon is not a first grader
Weekes is not ready for first grade
Seibs disappointing (for persisting with Coops)
Koula worst game in grade
Guac needs to get more involved
Shoe to continue his fitness work
Parker‘s time is up
Lawton poor game
Paseka worked
Sipps worked
Keppie worked
Bully worked
Froggy worked but his time at DH isn’t working
Samuela promising and did well
Young Arthur should of started over Coops
Our game speed, pedestrian
Our edge defensive effort embarrassing
Our backs may have points in them, but they leak way to many
Saab‘s read on defence….illiterate
Garrick to work on his defence
Overall pretty disappointing considering we could of won that game even with our outs and the bog average officialdom

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4