Post-Game Discussion Knights v Manly [Round 12, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Knights
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 McDonald Jones Stadium
30 May 2021 16:05
80th minute

Match Stats

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Yeah, that was a part of the game I missed (was running a workshop yesterday so only sporadic viewing). I did catch a glance of a replay, but couldn't take it in fully at the time. Was it a bad?

I also love the aggression Keppie has brought to the team and the psychology of being determined to dominate the opposition forwards. That said, I have seen him as a suspension waiting to happen... a bit like Victor, he needs to lower his target a bit and make sure he has control of his emotions... and I absolutely agree about the low percentage of going after kickers with contact. By all means chase them hard and get in their face, but we should be really avoiding any contact of significance in those encounters, IMO.
It was not crazy bad, although some saying he should of been sent off! It was just not needed, they did not look like scoring at all before that, completely changed the game. He still played well, still snapped them in half on a few occasions, but also dropped it on first tackle when DCE just put in a massive kick and Tom turbo forced the error in the tackle. Had 6 tackles right on their line but let them off immediately! .

Oh well, i know this team can come back, just got to get through origin and hopefully minimal suspensions after that. Give the semis a real shake

madmax

Bencher
Sick of hearing & reading in reports how an ‘under strength’ fvcking Knights beat us coz they had Pearce, Ponga & Mann out!!! Like we didn’t have any players out & were at full strength. No Schuster, Foran, Walker, Sironen, Cust plus plus….. fvcken media!

madmax

Bencher
It was not crazy bad, although some saying he should of been sent off! It was just not needed, they did not look like scoring at all before that, completely changed the game. He still played well, still snapped them in half on a few occasions, but also dropped it on first tackle when DCE just put in a massive kick and Tom turbo forced the error in the tackle. Had 6 tackles right on their line but let them off immediately! .

Oh well, i know this team can come back, just got to get through origin and hopefully minimal suspensions after that. Give the semis a real shake
Commentators are starting to bitch about everything we do now coz we’ve become a threat!!!! Keppie’s tackle was nothing really. A little careless but definitely not a send off otherwise the MRC would have him sitting on the sidelines for longer than 1 week. I don’t get it sometimes with the bagging of our players.. when they play soft & don’t play hard we complain that there’s no mongrel yet when we have a player who plays tough & doesn’t take a backward step we complain. Not sure if we know what we want Lolol. Another thing Marty gets a fine for his tackle yet the player who tackled him the same way got nothing…..fvcken joke!

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member

Yeah, I did catch that section of play and like all most fans I'm sure, was screaming and pulling out my hair. I think the key for Keppie is his emotional intelligence. If he can get a grip on that part of his game, allow himself to be aggressive without being angry, allow himself to maintain cortical control and not go into limbic brain reactivity, he will develop very nicely. I know he had a belter last week against the Eels but I was concerned watching him even in that game because he seemed to be on the edge with his emotional control. When it comes off and things fall your way it looks great and fans love it because they can relate to him... but, it can also easily fall on the other side of the line as it seems to have done this week, and then it's costly. Anyway, he's still young I believe and I trust he will continue to work on these things and grow into a fine player.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
Sick of hearing & reading in reports how an ‘under strength’ fvcking Knights beat us coz they had Pearce, Ponga & Mann out!!! Like we didn’t have any players out & were at full strength. No Schuster, Foran, Walker, Sironen, Cust plus plus….. fvcken media!
Yea this winds me up too... we had 10 guys out of our top 30 not available.

It’s the same when they go on and on about how good the Roosters are travelling under adversity. I’m pretty sure we have more injuries than them.

The game was inconsistently refereed and we were on the sharp end of it. They change the rules and it is just another way to hit us. This has been happening since forever and it will never change, we all know that. Yesterday we were not good enough to overcome it...as simple as that.

rosco

Reserve Grader
Another decision that went unchallenged in the second half was when Harper was tackled near the sideline. Two players on him, he hit the ground, the arm carrying the ball hit the ground. Tackle is completed. He bounced up and then was pushed over the sideline. Change over awarded instead of penalty to us.

Peter C

Bencher
Fck I hate Newcastle, and especially when Matty Johns starts going on about them, as he's only ever won one GF, he always refers to 1997, about leading up to the game, and how their mood was on the day, etc etc, never goes on about all the juice some of the team were on, and that's all documented.

madmax

Bencher
The game was inconsistently refereed and we were on the sharp end of it. They change the rules and it is just another way to hit us. This has been happening since forever and it will never change, we all know that. Yesterday we were not good enough to overcome it...as simple as that.
Mate Newcastle didn’t ‘win’ yesterday’s game…..we allowed them to win. Like I mentioned earlier all I’ve heard & read in the media is how the Knights were decimated by injury having no Pearce, Ponga, Mann blah blah blah….& were praised for their effort & how great they were yet we were without Schuster, Foran, Walker, Aloiai, Sironen, Cust & not a fvcken word about us being under manned! We fvcked up by letting the refereeing get to us on top of silly errors. Funa at 5/8 was difficult to understand….anyway we’ll be back!

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mate Newcastle didn’t ‘win’ yesterday’s game…..we allowed them to win. Like I mentioned earlier all I’ve heard & read in the media is how the Knights were decimated by injury having no Pearce, Ponga, Mann blah blah blah….& were praised for their effort & how great they were yet we were without Schuster, Foran, Walker, Aloiai, Sironen, Cust & not a fvcken word about us being under manned! We fvcked up by letting the refereeing get to us on top of silly errors. Funa at 5/8 was difficult to understand….anyway we’ll be back!
And you watch parra with even a 50/50 split of possession will smoke the knights on Sunday. Knights can’t compete even with there full strength line up without ref leg ups.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Commentators are starting to bitch about everything we do now coz we’ve become a threat!!!! Keppie’s tackle was nothing really. A little careless but definitely not a send off otherwise the MRC would have him sitting on the sidelines for longer than 1 week. I don’t get it sometimes with the bagging of our players.. when they play soft & don’t play hard we complain that there’s no mongrel yet when we have a player who plays tough & doesn’t take a backward step we complain. Not sure if we know what we want Lolol. Another thing Marty gets a fine for his tackle yet the player who tackled him the same way got nothing…..fvcken joke!
Listening to Voss commentate on our games is soooo irritating. I know he supports the Vermin from Redfern and they traditionally do not like us. He deathrides our performances and as soon as there is a call that goes our way he will go on a rant. It is enough for me to turn off the volume when he commentates as his hatred and bias against our club is a major turn off!

Rafferty

Mug punter
Interesting to see Robinson shift Manu to 5/8 and we bring in Funa, rorters kill it and we all saw how it worked out for us.
In hindsight we would of have been better to play Tom there in attack, if the thinking was his to valuable in his normal role at FB, well he may as well have played 5/8 and been involved in our attacking plays, I’m sure our game would of benefitEd no doubt, without Shoes service Tom basically didn’t get to play his usual effective role in attack in any case, we had cover for FB even if Funa was used to dropped back after we received the kick and Tom played his usual role in organising our defence, hind sight is a wonderful thing, so to is foresight, I think Des just got this wrong and Robo’s Choice to play the experienced and better player at 5/8 proved to be the way to go.

Last edited:

Kalvin

Bencher
Interesting to see Robinson shift Manu to 5/8 and we bring in Funa, rorters kill it and we all saw how it worked out for us.
In hindsight we would of have been better to play Tom there in attack, if the thinking was his to valuable in his normal role at FB, well he may as well have played 5/8 and been involved in our attacking plays, I’m sure our game would of benefitEd no doubt, without Shoes service Tom basically didn’t get to play his usual effective role in attack in any case, we had cover for FB even if Funa was used to dropped back after we received the kick and Tom played his usual role in organising our defence, hind sight is a wonderful thing, so to is foresight, I think Des just got this wrong and Robo’s Choice to play the experienced and better player at 5/8 proved to be the way to go.
Even Harper at 6 would have been better imo!

Rafferty

Mug punter
Even Harper at 6 would have been better imo!
Hard to disagree, I just don’t know how Funa was ever the answer, he‘d never played 5/8 and hadn’t played any minutes since coming on for 10 mins against the warriors in Gosford. Anyway it failed terribly, Robo shifted one of his most experienced players into the role and the results speak for themselves.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
I’m good with playing hard and accidentally hittin someone high. Keppies shot on a half kicking on the last was inexcusable and a big factor in us losing that game IMO. And I’m a big Keppie fan. It’s lazy crap more than playing hard in those moments. Tge better play was to work harder and not make the poor late contact.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Listening to Voss commentate on our games is soooo irritating. I know he supports the Vermin from Redfern and they traditionally do not like us. He deathrides our performances and as soon as there is a call that goes our way he will go on a rant. It is enough for me to turn off the volume when he commentates as his hatred and bias against our club is a major turn off!
Vossy used to be my favourite caller. When he got f@cked off from 9, and ended up commentating for the QCup, I ran into him a few times at Burleigh games. He was very humble, and was happy to talk footy.
But now I hear him and he doesn’t sound anything like back then. Fox and fame have obviously gone to his head. And it seems he goes out of his way to make a big drama about things, that usually on replay are minuscule. Then he’ll keep harping on some crap and try and drag the other commentary into it.
The one that rarely gets sucked into his hype is Brandy. You listen to Brandy when Vossy is going berserk about something, and Brandy just keeps repeating, "I don’t know Andrew" (love he calls him Andrew too, and not Vossy like the other Fox flogs).
To me, it just sounds like verbal hysterical clickbait. And he’s getting worse.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Another thing Marty gets a fine for his tackle yet the player who tackled him the same way got nothing…..fvcken joke!
If its of any comfort, Frizell got the same $1500 fine for tackling Marty, as did Marty on Saifiti...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13