Kite and Ox miss out again for SOO3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

White and Cross have been selected again and kite and Perry miss out. 

Monaghan is the new centre replacing Gasnier.  Mitchell Pearce and anasta are the halves.

QLD by 20.

Seriously they are kidding but anyway it is all good for Manly.  Didn't the selectors see Manky play the Roosters a few weeks back??

Anyway move on to this weekend, Knights will be without Gidly, Buderus & Cross.

That's an early announcement!  but i wouldn't doubt it for a second.  Unfortunately Ox has no chance ever again (NSW are apparently building youth.  Like even Gould saying not to pick Pearce for another 2 years or something) and Kite missing out is something stupid.  I was listening to the game last night on ABC and all the commentators said pick Kite first, then the other 16, easy.  But that won't happen either it seems.  

If it is Pearce and Anasta, then good luck (as a NSWman) but if the forwards don't do anything well let's think back to that game where the Roosters lost 42-0 hmmmm

That is a joke. I think that is my last straw with NSW, I am going to defect

Oh man it's true.  That's one of the lightest forward packs i've ever seen.... from NRL:

Pearce, Monaghan to make Blues debuts
AAP
Teenager Mitchell Pearce and Joel Monaghan have been selected to make their rugby league State of Origin debuts for NSW in the series decider at ANZ Stadium on July 2.

Halfback Pearce, 19, will combine with recalled Sydney Roosters team-mate and five eighth Braith Anasta, replacing the injured Peter Wallace and Greg Bird among several changes from the team that lost Game 2 in Brisbane.

Canberra's Monaghan replaces the injured Mark Gasnier in the centres.

Jarryd Hayne returns to replace Steve Turner on one wing after missing Game 2 through injury.

Willie Mason has been pushed forward into the front row with Craig Fitzgibbon dropping back to the second row.

And prop Ben Cross returns from injury to claim a spot on the bench at the expense of Newcastle team-mate Steve Simpson.

NSW team: Brett Stewart, Jarryd Hayne, Joel Monaghan, Matt Cooper, Anthony Quinn, Braith Anasta, Mitchell Pearce, Willie Mason, Danny Buderus (capt), Brett White, Craig Fitzgibbon, Ryan Hoffman, Paul Gallen. Interchange: Kurt Gidley, Anthony Laffranchi, Ben Cross, Anthony Tupou.

I think Bellamy is deliberately trying not to pick any manly players so that they don't gain origin experience.  Stewart is there as the token to make sure he can point to a manly player if someone complains. 

How Monaghan, Anasta, Pearce and Cross are all better than Lyon, Orford and Kite I don't know. 

Agree Gronk, Bellamy must have absolutely no faith in Manly players after last years GF.

Brett White is the 38th ranked prop for metres made.
Cross is the 45th.

We would be better of going in with starting props beign Luke Stuart and Kieth Galloway.

What a joke.

I dont mind Anasta and Pearce being given a shot. If you are going to go with Anasta you might as well take Pearce in with him as it gives you a ready made halves combo.

The problem I do have is with the following,

Centre: At least you know Lyon would be able to contain the likes of Inglis. Monaghan is a liability. Cooper and Quinn are pretty solid defensively as is Hayne, but Monaghan could get slaughtered with the form Inglis is in.

Forwards/Bench: Mason and White arent capable of racking up big minutes. Then you only have Cross to fall back on as a genuine front rower. We needed to axe Laffranchi or Tupou and bring Kite in. We could get dominated quite easily again. I also would have traded Gidley for Farrah.

Yup, i wouldn't mind a flogging this time round.  The selectors and coach deserve it.  30-0 last time!!  BUT we all know that the reason is 'there were too many injuries to our key players that no side could've prepared for.'  yeah right...

I can't wait for round 22 v Storm.

Hopefully there is complete burn out setting in for the Storm players by Round 22

The Wheel link said:
Hopefully there is complete burn out setting in for the Storm players by Round 22

I dont think Melbourne will make the grand final this year let  alone win it. By the end of the season they will be exhausted. They had a very early start with the world club challenge and a very high proportion of their players will have played at least 4 rep games from city/country, origin and the test match. Add to that Bellamy being away for sections of the season and having his mind on other things, as well as showing his hand a little bit in how to best beat his own players. They wont have that same hunger to avenge a grand final loss as they had last season.
By contrast we will have that hunger and also some players will have the motavation to stick it up bellamys ass after his blatant snub of our players at rep time.
Our players will be much fresher than his come the big games and i doubt Origin would have added much to the games of Kite, Lyon and orford. Players like watmough and G Stewart would have benefitted greatly from an origin campaign.
I also think that we are going through a "melbourne cup" like preperation. Its hard to maintain a high level of intensity throughout the whole season and our current status quo of building for 3 or 4 weeks then flattening for a week will pay dividens at the end of the season and we should be able to build and power through to the end over the last 4 weeks of the comp and the final series. I dont think we will peak too early this year.

Bellamy if a ****en germ

After the teams were announced for Game 1, i read in the Moles column in RLW that the reason Kite missed out, is because he doesn't drink heavily and wouldn't bond with the rest of them as well

I disregarded it, but you have to think it must be spot on after he missed out this time.

Will never switch allegiences, especially with Stewart playing and mongrels like Smith and Crocker in the Qld side, but the loss won;t hurt as much if it is Bellamy getting a flogging too

Yeah, Kite's "not one of the boys".

To be honest, it's bloody embarrassing walking into the NSW Origin hotel and seeing how much of a boy's club it is. Mason, Gas, Bird etc all work around like they're the best things in the world.

Then you've got the good blokes like Laffranchi and Fitzy who are pretty down to earth guys despite their profile, but for the most part it's all about who is the biggest and best partier...

To be honest, I'm happier to have Kite playing for Manly this weekend. It's hurting him a bit, and that sucks, but I'd rather have him out there making 190 metres for us and winning us a game of footy than sitting on the bench next to Bellamy for 65 minutes next Wednesday while Brett White and Willie Mason get bashed about.

Correct Wil. I will admit to being intimadated by approaching our blokes and talking to them, but EVERY one of them were top blokes, and Kite was probably the standout in that area

I like having the blokes playing for Manly, but these blokes grow up dreaming of playing origin, and it must get them down in these scenarios. The selfish side of me says great, we have him this week, but the blokes themselves, who make supporting the side what it is, want to play these games so badly, it fires me up when they deserve it and miss out

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6