Kim Bumbly or Rudd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
A quick question for the Labor faithfull's.
Would you chaps vote labor if Saddam was your fearless leader?
I reckon you would.

Anyhow who would you prefer to be our next PM. ............Beazley or Rudd?

I'm confident of winning: Beazley
LABOR leader Kim Beazley says he is confident he will win the leadership spill on Monday.
And he said he would keep challengers Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard on the frontbench if the vote went against them.

"I am the right person to lead the Australian Labor party," Mr Beazley said in Ashfield today where he is attending the launch of the Exodus Foundation Christmas appeal.

"I've got the toughness and I've got the experience and all of that is required now to deal with our political opponents," Mr Beazley said.

Mr Beazley called the ballot yesterday after Foreign Affairs spokesman Mr Rudd and Health spokeswoman Ms Gillard informed him of their intent to challenge for the party's leadership.

In a surprise move Mr Beazley decided to open all 32 frontbench positions to a caucus vote.

Most commentators have said anything other than a clear cut result either way would be disastrously destabilising for the party.

But Mr Beazley said whatever the margin of victory, he foresaw only a unified future following the vote.

"Whether we win by a couple of votes or 20 votes the party will move forward united from this," Mr Beazley said.

Mr Beazley deflected questions over whether he would step down in the event of a loss.

"I'm not even beginning to contemplate a loss, I'm confident of winning," he said.

He said they would not be punished if they lost as they were key players in his team.

"Kevin Rudd and Julia have been very good frontbenchers of mine," Mr Beazley said.

"I intend that they continue to be and then I intend them to be ministers."

I was wondering how long it would take byso.

RUDD!!!! !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray:

beasley is as further right than costello on most things so i wonder byso?

I would prefer rudd as well

Who would you prefer?

I'd have either of those two for the next election. I'm no labour faithful but I really don't want Johny pissing in the faces of Australians for another 3 years, or Costelo for that matter.

Give us Rudd and team, promote Garrett to the Caucus and I would be happy to see his further elevation next December after Labor lose the election.

I think Rudd would be far better than "big Kev".........But those clowns are so unstable that no matter who wins. There will always be a faction within the party knifing the leader in the back ruining any remote chance of winning.

I think Rudd would be far better than \"big Kev\".........But those clowns are so unstable that no matter who wins. There will always be a faction within the party knifing the leader in the back ruining any remote chance of winning.
This is what happens in opposition. It was no different in the 80s when Peacock and Howard stuffed the Liberals for over a decade. When in Govt the factions etc are put aside for the pragmatics of running the country.

Do you really think it would be any different if Labor was in power? Are you so deluded to think that there aren't factions in the Conservatives??? (A quick look at the NSW Opposition shows that - Labor are a rabble but the opposition still have no hope!)

I cant recall a more inept opposition than the current ALP federal opposition.

The NSW libs current opposition will certainly struggle to win even though the ALP deserve to lose. But there leadership issues don't drag on and on like the current ALP fed party.

CW, Somehow I think you would vote ALP if Saddam was the leader. ;)

Rudd should have made a challenge after Latham. He would have won and won a lot of support.

Beazley should have been given the chance to run instead of latham and Labor would have come a lot closer to winning.

With Rudd they are on the right track to winning.

Andy byso factions?

did anyone say Howard v Costello?

Rudd is your new leader. May have a chance.

But I predict that Howard will revise the new IR laws before the next election. Therefore killing off ALP chances.

Howard v Costello lasted about 1 week in the press and the bad press was between themselves the rest of the party didn't get too involved....within the media.

Rudd is your new leader. May have a chance.

But I predict that Howard will revise the new IR laws before the next election. Therefore killing off ALP chances.

Howard v Costello lasted about 1 week in the press and the bad press was between themselves the rest of the party didn't get too involved....within the media.

Howard v Costello is still going it is just quietened because they are in powere, were they the opposition we would be hearing more about this than we are about labor.

Howard has a whole list of dirty publicity tricks up his sleeve, but a good majority of the public is already savvy to them!

It would be preferable if everyone voted on the issues of policy rather than personality.

But then again, it doesnt really matter what your thoughts are or how you vote. The 2 party system is as rigged as you can possibly get and we all end up with either a brown or browner version of political leadership.

very true Jatz very true.

Unfortunately redneck Australia is as bad as Redneck America, though the difference being we are forced to vote.

People like Byso will always look at person ove rpolicy and for him he believes there is honour amongst theives

Dan :blah: :blah:

ren-n-stimpy.gif

Dan, here's a pic of your latest fearless leaders.

jeez byso, when in doubt resort to baseless humor that barely raises a grin!

Dan i would have gone with at least they bring a smile to many peoples faces, unlike howard who just makes everyone cringe.

Well I cringed when I saw your new saviours Ren and Stimpy on ACA last light.

Those guys may as well be hosting Sunrise on Channel 7.

At least they ave a sense of Humor unlike little john who robs fromt he poor to give tot he rich and wont even appear on any show that isnt high brow.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4