Kieran Foran ensures our future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Last night when pressed about NZ players switching allegiance to play SOO, Foran's answer recieved reptous applause from everyone present. While maintaining it was a personal choice he said for him remembering what jersey he had dreamed of playing in outweighed chasing the bigger paycheck. While this was directly related to representing NZ it also indirectly pointed toward his decision to put the Manly jersey above that of Canterbury and in doing so put the Manly jersey over the Des Hasler coaching influence.

I cannot see him walking away from this great club. He is obviously an extremely loyal person and that will only instill loyalty from others, particularly when he one day becomes captain as is expected. Along with DCE we have the best halves pairing in the comp and that will be a very attractive proposition for future signings over the next few years when we become better placed with our cap space. I believe keeping Foran will prove to be one of the most influential signings Manly have made. Whilst ever we have him in our side we will be a more than competitive side and along with DCE will be a quality player attracting magnet. Happy days!

that's rapturous applause!

A couple of nice posts to kick off there Kev. Welcome aboard.
Bit of pressure to maintain that sort of standard now ;)
One of my fav players BTW. Even for a Pom. :p

From memory the big guy flew back from the UK to play in the 87 decider.
Crusher Cleal, Rambo Gibbs & Wardy - what a pack!!
Yeh seen that Foran interview & made plenty of cents but some are hungrier for dollars than cents....:p

Well said!! K Foz has integrity, loyalty & is a champion player to boot! I hope he does captain our club at a future time. I hope all the Kiwi Manly supporters enjoyed what he said on The Game Plan :-D

Kevinward777 said:
Last night when pressed about NZ players switching allegiance to play SOO, Foran's answer recieved reptous applause from everyone present. While maintaining it was a personal choice he said for him remembering what jersey he had dreamed of playing in outweighed chasing the bigger paycheck. While this was directly related to representing NZ it also indirectly pointed toward his decision to put the Manly jersey above that of Canterbury and in doing so put the Manly jersey over the Des Hasler coaching influence.

I cannot see him walking away from this great club. He is obviously an extremely loyal person and that will only instill loyalty from others, particularly when he one day becomes captain as is expected. Along with DCE we have the best halves pairing in the comp and that will be a very attractive proposition for future signings over the next few years when we become better placed with our cap space. I believe keeping Foran will prove to be one of the most influential signings Manly have made. Whilst ever we have him in our side we will be a more than competitive side and along with DCE will be a quality player attracting magnet. Happy days!

Welcome champ.

You come in with some quality posts :)

I love the maturity kfoz shows. Both our halves a great but I think kfoz is going to be something special.

Congrats KW777 on your first thread. Surprising to get good rap from the Veterans. They must be in a good mood today

Few have gone on to big and better things where others have failed and faded off to oblivion.

I wish you all the success in the future even though the odds are stacked up against you.

Cheers

Who's Kevin Ward??? - hehehehe JK guys. All I remember about 1987 at the ripe old age of 12, was that John Dorahy signed with The Bears !

Oneyeagle said:
Congrats KW777 on your first thread. Surprising to get good rap from the Veterans. They must be in a good mood today

Few have gone on to big and better things where others have failed and faded off to oblivion.

I wish you all the success in the future even though the odds are stacked up against you.

Cheers

He'll be fine OEE, as long as he takes it one post at a time.

Ryan said:
Who's Kevin Ward??? - hehehehe JK guys. All I remember about 1987 at the ripe old age of 12, was that John Dorahy signed with The Bears !
Oi that b word is worse than the c word :)

If I remember correctly it was those dirty bears who ended our 13 game winning streak in 1987

The best prop going around at the time, tough as nails. Flew back from UK in the GF. Ron Rambo Gibbs came back on the field after being knocked senseless. I think it was also the year that Rambo had signed withe the gold coast team earlier in the season.

Chip and Chase said:
Oneyeagle said:

Cheers

I'm pleased to hear that. There are a few posters that can be brutal at times. Off to watch Manly Marlins play. Can't believe it kicks off at 8.20pm. Whats all that about ?. Oops... wrong Forum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_NSWRL_season#Grand_Final

Good read and great memories.

Foran's attitude off the field is more important than anything he can possibly do on it imo. It is fiercely competative and loyal guys like him who instill a winning culture in a club.

I think K Ward would have made the Ugly 13. But aside from his looks he was as tough as teak, and about as hard to understand.

But the near virgin post makes sense. Melbourne has built a competitive team around three superstars. We too should always be competitive with such a quality half and five-eighth.

Cameron said:
Ryan said:
Oi that b word is worse than the c word :)

If I remember correctly it was those dirty bears who ended our 13 game winning streak in 1987 .

You remember incorrectly. It was the Roosters at Henson Park who ended the winning streak in 1987. We lost to Cronulla at Shark Park in the infamous Bozo 'cement truck' match, then went through and beat every other team one after the other. A 13 match winning streak that finished with a victory over the sharks at Brookie. A week later we cost to the chooks at Newtown.
But what a great year that was. Cliffy at his best all year. That was the first year that I attended every Manly match in a season.

Kevinward777 said:

I too watched the interview last night and was taken back by Kieran's response. The bloke is a future captain and so happy he decided to stay with his mates and the club he loves playing for - and you can see it in the way he plays with such passion, he loves playing for Manly and his team mates!

Oneyeagle said:
Chip and Chase said:
Oneyeagle said:

Cheers

I'm pleased to hear that. There are a few posters that can be brutal at times. Off to watch Manly Marlins play. Can't believe it kicks off at 8.20pm. Whats all that about ?. Oops... wrong Forum

Nothing wrong with the Marlins - they cultivated the mighty Ben Kennedy for us, mind you I'm a rat kinda guy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4