Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
looks good rmd, I still think we need more at 9 though , so GT or get the Souffs reggies 9 for Aloai
Manase and Croker would have been a great interchange, however, it isn't going to happen.

GCKT is managed by Tartak, so I think we can say goodbye to him, even if his official contract doesn't start until next year, but hopefully not.

From what I've heard from sources, and it could be BS, but Schuster just told Tartak he wants to stay at Manly (done deal).

Woods is basically playing for minimum money, plus the added bonus for him of playing for a club he has always supported, for him it's not about the money, he still likes being involved in the game.
He’s hated on here and I don’t know why, he cost us diddly squat in 2023, will only be on the bare minimum for 2024 and whilst well past his superstar era his stats aren’t too bad.

I constantly see comments “ getting rid of Keppie to sign Woods “ and it’s really starting to piss me off.

IF ( if ) we sign Woods it’ll be instead of Boyle , that’s an upgrade.

Look I’d love to see a gun forward signed , and a couple of up and comers who scream from reserve grade “ pick me pick me “ but the fact is we will have injuries and not all of those players with high hopes will come to fruition.

So players like Condon & Woods , with experience are still a valuable part of the top 30.

I'm happy with Woods being at Manly, because he wants to be at Manly and its always been his dream.

A guy who comes to watch Manly play, because he's always supported the club, when he's p[aying for another team, says it all for me. Passion!

Woods maynot not set the forest on fire, however, he may well help the undergrowth blossom.

He’s hated on here and I don’t know why, he cost us diddly squat in 2023, will only be on the bare minimum for 2024 and whilst well past his superstar era his stats aren’t too bad.

I constantly see comments “ getting rid of Keppie to sign Woods “ and it’s really starting to piss me off.

IF ( if ) we sign Woods it’ll be instead of Boyle , that’s an upgrade.

Look I’d love to see a gun forward signed , and a couple of up and comers who scream from reserve grade “ pick me pick me “ but the fact is we will have injuries and not all of those players with high hopes will come to fruition.

So players like Condon & Woods , with experience are still a valuable part of the top 30.
Agree with all you say - the only thing i would add is I don't want Woods in the 17 if we have more effective players playing at Blacktown (such as keppie last weekend).

Aren't we better off giving an Aaron Woods type contract to some kid who is a diamond in the rough (eg. Eddie Blacker), with potentially a lot of upside (Aside from Keppie). Eddie Blacker looks like a bigger version of Matt Lodge.
It seems as though Seibolds recruitment policy does not centre around development but a win now mentality...that is all well and good, but the players he has brought in arent exactly " win now " material. lol...
I can't see someone like Eddie Blacker being a big risk, considering he is a fringe player with the best team in the comp.

Last edited:
I'm happy with Woods being at Manly, because he wants to be at Manly and its always been his dream.

A guy who comes to watch Manly play, because he's always supported the club, when he's p[aying for another team, says it all for me. Passion!

Woods maynot not set the forest on fire, however, he may well help the undergrowth blossom.
All good and well he supports Manly, but he can't inspire the youngsters like a Ben Kennedy can.
We need a Ben Kennedy type player and Aaron Woods is no Ben Kennedy.

Agree with all you say - the only thing i would add is I don't want Woods in the 17 if we have more effective players playing at Blacktown (such as keppie last weekend).
No arguments , I’m not suggesting he’s top 17, just that he’s better than Morgan Boyle so deserves a spot in the 30 based on that.

I don’t mind if Woods gets extended on minimum wage. I just don’t think he belongs on the bench in the starting 17 each week.

Agree with Woods for another year. Morgan Boyle I would also keep, he looked big and fit and was hard to handle in the Blacktown game. He just needs some injury luck, he is still young.

On his day Keppie can win dominate anyone and win you a game. Those games have just been to few and far between. Thing is we have to many props who can't dominate or win a thing. Keep the kid. If we are only bring in Lodge he's just a less mobile version anyway.
True, I'll give Lodge this tho, on his day he's a quality battering ram that goes all day.

LOOK get rid of all the X pussy cats Aloiai, specially tuilagi, boyle, condon and Fulton only if he can be another Watmough keep Keppie, Fainu, Woods, Vaega, Keppi remind me of Phil Daley, Wood earning ****TTTT and will die for Manly as he grew up following us, Vaega is another Taufua and Fainu is another Hamole cannot let another Fainu go as they're Maroon true and true.
Actually starting to warm to Aloiai again, thought his game on Sunday was really strong and no errors that's the big plus out of the game for me. Probably need to check the contract time on the others that you want to let go, if we don't want them other Clubs probably wouldn't want them either.

There are many moving parts to piecing together a roster to (a) get what you need at (b) a price that complies with the cap and (c) equals 30 players. It’s a complex jigsaw.

It’s never as simple as do we want to keep this player or not. I’m sure Manly are aware that Keppie is a more valuable commodity than Aaron Woods, but Keppie costs more than Aaron Woods.

We have too many ‘similar’ forwards. They’re all big, play limited minutes and gas early. We need a point of difference and another ‘worker’ who can play big minutes and help Jake. To go and buy a player like that, something has to give. The club can’t offer up Aaron Woods because his salary is a pittance and he is not ‘in demand’. Keppie on the other hand, is on good coin and another club that maybe has enough workers, could benefit from taking on a powerful type that plays well in shorter bursts.

That’s why Keppie is on the chopping block. Not because he is no good, but because we need to free up funds to buy something more valuable in the context of our current squad. It’ll either be Keppie or Aloiai depending on what other clubs want. You can’t just sack a player that’s on contract, you need to find them another club. We need to offer up a player that is desirable to the other clubs for this arrangement to materialise.

No arguments , I’m not suggesting he’s top 17, just that he’s better than Morgan Boyle so deserves a spot in the 30 based on that.
But he was in the top 17 these past two weeks wasn't he. Picked ahead of Fainu against the Storm, at bloody lock. And again against the Roosters he was picked in the 17 while Fainu and Keppie (both of whom offer a whole lot more) ran around in NSW Cup. Can you see why people are p1ssed off?

Your argument is built upon foundations of sand.

Actually starting to warm to Aloiai again, thought his game on Sunday was really strong and no errors that's the big plus out of the game for me. Probably need to check the contract time on the others that you want to let go, if we don't want them other Clubs probably wouldn't want them either.
He needs to do it consistently over the coming weeks. Josh is definitely a first grade prop when he plays at or near his best.

But he was in the top 17 these past two weeks wasn't he. Picked ahead of Fainu against the Storm, at bloody lock. And again against the Roosters he was picked in the 17 while Fainu and Keppie (both of whom offer a whole lot more) ran around in NSW Cup. Can you see why people are p1ssed off?

Your argument is built upon foundations of sand.
My arguments are around the re-signing for 2024, if it happens.

Not him being picked over others currently still there in 2023.

You’ll have to ask the coach that question.

And my argument about 2024 is rock solid , he’s better than Morgan Boyle.

My arguments are around the re-signing for 2024, if it happens.

Not him being picked over others currently still there in 2023.

You’ll have to ask the coach that question.

And my argument about 2024 is rock solid , he’s better than Morgan Boyle.
Better than Boyle? Do you remember the rainbow gate game at Brookie last year? No way Woods can play like Boyle did that night. If Woods is being selected ahead of more talented players this year, there's no way I want him in the squad next season. The guy is so past it it ain't even funny.

There's a reason he cost us nothing, because that's about what he's worth.

Just my opinion of course.

Better than Boyle? Do you remember the rainbow gate game at Brookie last year? No way Woods can play like Boyle did that night. If Woods is being selected ahead of more talented players this year, there's no way I want him in the squad next season. The guy is so past it it ain't even funny.

There's a reason he cost us nothing, because that's about what he's worth.

Just my opinion of course.
How about we just let both Woods and Boyle go...then everyone here can Kumbaya!

happy lance bass GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show

How about we just let both Woods and Boyle go...then everyone here can Kumbaya!

happy lance bass GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show
You won't get any complaints from me. But if old grandpa Woods gets picked again against the Cowboys, then the whole Seibold Moses conspiracy will really start growing legs. I'd wager that every other first grade coach would pick Fainu and Keppie over Woods without giving pause for thought.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8