Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Love him or hate him but he’s probably exactly what our forward pack needs right now !!

I’m with @Ryan on this one
Mark he has not played more than 10 games for 3 out of the last 4 seasons...I am not sure
1. We need another player that appears to be pretty unreliable
2. When you look at his stats they have not been especially positive over that time

Much like the talk when some on here wanted Nathan Brown as he was an "inforcer" the numbers and output do not support it. He has not shown any indication since his Broncs days of playing at a consistent level let alone the fact that three clubs have basically walked him

It feels like another speculative short term punt on something that might work out rather than taking a longer term view.

Considering our owner has repeatedly said we have a premiership roster I can see why we are looking at players like this however it just does not make sense to me

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Mark he has not played more than 10 games for 3 out of the last 4 seasons...I am not sure
2. When you look at his stats they have not been especially positive over that time

Much like the talk when some on here wanted Nathan Brown as he was an "inforcer" the numbers and output do not support it. He has not shown any indication since his Broncs days of playing at a consistent level let alone the fact that three clubs have basically walked him

It feels like another speculative short term punt on something that might work out rather than taking a longer term view.

Considering our owner has repeatedly said we have a premiership roster I can see why we are looking at players like this however it just does not make sense to me
It is a risk, no doubt. If it turns out we have punted Keppie in order to sign Lodge, then that risk will be magnified tenfold.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I get your point

But I think it’s one of those “ he was at a loose end , we picked him up cheap, might work might not “ type acquisitions.

There’s nothing to suggest we are punting Keppie , nor anything to suggest we are signing Lodge for 24.

It’s a wait and see for me.

Eagle 1

First Grader
It's a win win for us, lets see how Lodge shapes up with the reserves this weekend. He'll be wanting to put on a show for his new club no doubt. One thing for sure, he's certainly a large presence on the field.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No-one is perfect in life. We all make mistakes.
Oh dear, that's what Greg Norman said when asked about the murder of Khashogi!
Dam. I always enjoyed hearing from you SER8
Lol, I am seriously aghast at this signing, but my Sea Eagle addiction is unlikely to be completely extinguished in the short term. Definitely feel less invested though. I know it is a violent game but it would be nice to, if not like, at least respect the players who run out in the jersey you cheer for.

The Who

Journey Man
We must surely have the biggest pack in the NRL so we should not be outmuscled nor intimidated. Tent, Guacca, Sippers and Kewpie are big fellas. Lodge and Aioli are enforcers. Jurbo is a defensive workhorse. Kelma is no midget either.
We should be strong when we have possession. It's just that we are ponderous and prone to tire quickly when defending. Also, we give away more than our share of penalties.
Our size should be a positive, but unless we get more than 50% of possession it is our packs' weakness.

joeboy

Bencher
We must surely have the biggest pack in the NRL so we should not be outmuscled nor intimidated. Tent, Guacca, Sippers and Kewpie are big fellas. Lodge and Aioli are enforcers. Jurbo is a defensive workhorse. Kelma is no midget either.
We should be strong when we have possession. It's just that we are ponderous and prone to tire quickly when defending. Also, we give away more than our share of penalties.
Our size should be a positive, but unless we get more than 50% of possession it is our packs' weakness.
Ain’t enough stamina , speed or desire. Size doesn’t count for **** when the advantage can’t be sustained.

We look cumbersome e from dummy half through to play the ball which is kinda the issue given that’s the whole cycle for 4 plays a set.

But we have signed woods again for his leadership or experience or whatever. I get that, the Problem is he is selected In the 17 which is an indictment on our squad and letting go Samuela is madness. A middle for a middle is not the case here. We are losing a rising star to keep space junk.

Better hope tuilagi and aloai shape up or we are going to look real foolish. Even keppie had bee. A better performer than those two

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Management needs to ensure the lunch room is stocked with Budgie's famous orange cake with icing. Hopefully some of the love poured into the baking will be ingested by Matthew.
At this point in time, Matthew is not welcome to my orange cake.

Win us a premiership, don't cause problems in the club, and help old ladies crossing the road and then we can talk.

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
Parra want Keppie 3 yr deal

Storm also interested apparently
Keppie is listed as having a contract with MW till the end of 2026......

If we signed him for that long, surely dealing him away like an unwanted card in a poker hand sends a 'mixed' message at best to any of the rest of our squad that have long-term deals.

Sure - don't perform, you may get cut. But no-one should be surprised that players dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity from their club may be open to offers elsewhere. Cuts both ways.

Don't like it, though. His upside may still be to come. Outstanding clubman as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16