Keppie told to leave, replaced by Tigers Alex Twal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seems an odd fit, just upgrade Wong
The Chooks are in the business of winning competitions and know the difference between a player with 82 NRL games including big finals experience plus Origin, and a 10 game NRL rookie.

Last edited:
The Chooks are in the business of winning competitions and know the difference between a player with 82 NRL games including big finals experience plus Origin, and a 10 game NRL rookie.

Each to their own, if Crichton and Sitili move on I can see merit in it but you currently have a logjam of backrowers in Angus, Sitlilli, Butcher bros, Wong, Radley, Whyte and Brown.

Its not the first spot where I'd drop 800k atm.

Particularly when I think Wong will be a bit special.

Each to their own, if Crichton and Sitili move on I can see merit in it but you currently have a logjam of backrowers in Angus, Sitlilli, Butcher bros, Wong, Radley, Whyte and Brown.

Its not the first spot where I'd drop 800k atm.

Particularly when I think Wong will be a bit special.
Wong would be a gun signing.

Great ploy by Gus Gould. Fake an interest to up the value of Twal to another Club. Takes the heat off the Dogs as to who they are really after.
Never forget the recommendation Gould gave to Bozo for Barrett.

Sounds like it is definitely a possibility that he will swap with keppie. Gus Gould apparently spilled the beans. Pretty much up to Alex where he wants to go. Either us or the flea bags.

Sounding more and more likely this will go through

No issue with Keppie going but don't think Twal helps us at all tbh. Yeah he works hard and is a solid defender but he doesn't have really have any punch in attack, doesn't bend the line, doesn't offload or ball play and would be another coming from the back to back spooners. Tigers fans not being too upset with him potentially leaving should tell you all you need to know, I know people want us to improve our stocks up front but Twal isn't even an upgrade on the current crop

Sounding more and more likely this will go through

No issue with Keppie going but don't think Twal helps us at all tbh. Yeah he works hard and is a solid defender but he doesn't have really have any punch in attack, doesn't bend the line, doesn't offload or ball play and would be another coming from the back to back spooners. Tigers fans not being too upset with him potentially leaving should tell you all you need to know, I know people want us to improve our stocks up front but Twal isn't even an upgrade on the current crop
Must admit I'm a bit 50 50 on Twal especially after the Kelma T let down this season. Appreciate he was one of their better performers in a well beaten side, but it's a case of once bitten twice shy.

Twal won’t revolutionise our team but he’s more consistent than Keppie. Hard worker who doesn’t miss many tackles. An upgrade in my opinion.

The way I see it, we’re trying to get small upgrades across many squad spots. Lots of small improvements will result in a big improvement overall.

I like the thinking at least. Whether it works is another question.

Twal won’t revolutionise our team but he’s more consistent than Keppie. Hard worker who doesn’t miss many tackles. An upgrade in my opinion.

The way I see it, we’re trying to get small upgrades across many squad spots. Lots of small improvements will result in a big improvement overall.

I like the thinking at least. Whether it works is another question.
Agree, the squads taking on a more competitive look on the field and for positions. Also their doesn't seem to be any big time players coming of contract, not that we could afford one anyway. The only one that comes to mind is the Sths forward who's asking big dollars.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10