Keppie the ENFORCER !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
As with every off season, I like to have a look over a few Manly games from the last season....and there was plenty to like and build on for the coming season which is no surprise.
And though I still have a fear of being bullied up front a little come the big games until proven otherwise, there were many moments that cried out hope, namely involving Sean Keppie....not 1 game in particular....just moments (though the Eels game seeing Brown run and hide was nice).
Young Sean Keppie at only 23 yo is 1.96 m and 107 kg and when he gets angry is a deadset beast....
Unfortunately injured early vs Souths, but even that game, he looked the most likely to rip into the opposition pack with Power running and Big hits.
Not trying to compare him to Sam Burgess, Hargreaves ect.....but I will say for us, he plays that exact role as the tough guy.
This season could be a breakout and I know many will call it an exaggeration, but I feel if he gets his errors in check (inc penalties), could easily br looked at as a rep candidate.
Anyways, the moral of the story is, Keppie is the closest to an Enforcer as Manly will have in 2022 and I reckon he will turn into a damn impressive 1 by the end of the 2022 season...

As with every off season, I like to have a look over a few Manly games from the last season....and there was plenty to like and build on for the coming season which is no surprise.
And though I still have a fear of being bullied up front a little come the big games until proven otherwise, there were many moments that cried out hope, namely involving Sean Keppie....not 1 game in particular....just moments (though the Eels game seeing Brown run and hide was nice).
Young Sean Keppie at only 23 yo is 1.96 m and 107 kg and when he gets angry is a deadset beast....
Unfortunately injured early vs Souths, but even that game, he looked the most likely to rip into the opposition pack with Power running and Big hits.
Not trying to compare him to Sam Burgess, Hargreaves ect.....but I will say for us, he plays that exact role as the tough guy.
This season could be a breakout and I know many will call it an exaggeration, but I feel if he gets his errors in check (inc penalties), could easily br looked at as a rep candidate.
Anyways, the moral of the story is, Keppie is the closest to an Enforcer as Manly will have in 2022 and I reckon he will turn into a damn impressive 1 by the end of the 2022 season...
I’m a big fan of Keppie and other than Payne Haas,most front rowers hit their peak after 25.He hits hard in defence,is a willing worker with ball in hand and is capable of hitting a hole or delivering an offload.He certainly doesn’t take a backward step but his calmness to not retaliate to Victor Radley’s swipe at him in the Semi showed plenty of maturity.Once he gets more game time and builds up his motor,he’ll be in JakeT’s quality

Keppie is the closest to an Enforcer as Manly will have in 2022 a
We have plenty of enforcers aside from Keppie. Aloia is a heavyweight boxer, Kapow is full of muscles, Paseka is 7 foot tall, and Haumole always wears a fierce scowl. I doubt Bullemor will take a backward step either. I'm sure we won't be intimidated by any other packs next year.

We have plenty of enforcers aside from Keppie. Aloia is a heavyweight boxer, Kapow is full of muscles, Paseka is 7 foot tall, and Haumole always wears a fierce scowl. I doubt Bullemor will take a backward step either. I'm sure we won't be intimidated by any other packs next year.
Not sure I agree - potentially maybe, but still need to 'flick that switch" somehow.
Paseka is a Monster but doesn't play like 1...though as a player has improved big time
Kapow looks like the rock and is good, but does not intimidate anymore
Aloiai I must admit to being disappointed after starting the season well.
Haumole on his edge pumped a few with big hits and ain't scared, but is Not a leader of a pack.
Bull seems more an X factor, with speed and size in the Bronco games I seen, showed more ability to break a game open with ability then stamp himself as an Intimidator....a role I hope he keeps here.
I'm not suggesting Manly does not have the size for 1 moment and to be fair, we have a "young" pack and may improve this area in 2022, but we lacked the toughness when it counted in the finals in 2021 and it can take but 1 of these blokes becoming the 'Hitman" to change the mentallity and energy in the middle and in fact, across the park.
Just my opinion that young Keppie will step up in 2022 and dominate that middle, especially defensively.

Not sure I agree - potentially maybe, but still need to 'flick that switch" somehow.
Paseka is a Monster but doesn't play like 1...though as a player has improved big time
Kapow looks like the rock and is good, but does not intimidate anymore
Aloiai I must admit to being disappointed after starting the season well.
Haumole on his edge pumped a few with big hits and ain't scared, but is Not a leader of a pack.
Bull seems more an X factor, with speed and size in the Bronco games I seen, showed more ability to break a game open with ability then stamp himself as an Intimidator....a role I hope he keeps here.
I'm not suggesting Manly does not have the size for 1 moment and to be fair, we have a "young" pack and may improve this area in 2022, but we lacked the toughness when it counted in the finals in 2021 and it can take but 1 of these blokes becoming the 'Hitman" to change the mentallity and energy in the middle and in fact, across the park.
So, why did we get rid of the baddest bloke in our 2021 roster. Tenterfield?
To let him go on a peanut salary still rankles with me. He's up in Brisbane on a train-and-trial contract and we still have three places to fill on our roster.

To let him go on a peanut salary still rankles with me. He's up in Brisbane on a train-and-trial contract and we still have three places to fill on our roster.
Not sure what happened with young Saddler....thought he was looming like a young Klemmer early on....not sure if injuries or attitude were not right, but agree expected to see more of him...

I think we must have had concerns over the injury he suffered this year and his future well-being. Maybe Keith's sad ending had weighed heavily on us.

I though Jake could be our enforcer but he always seems to bring his nice table manners on the field

Ian Roberts was one of our Many Great enforces and One of my favourites

Igor was my favourite

Back to Ian

Ian was not a dirty player but he really got down and dirty and rubbed it the oppositions faces

This is the character that was missing in our pack from last years finals

Intimidation and Aggression at its best ...

I like Keppie and can see lots of potential in his 23 year old big frame and mindset

I can see him getting more Aggressive more Malevolent more Meaner more Malicious more Spiteful

Our pack definitely needs more than what they gave last season in the finals where it mattered

I though Jake could be our enforcer but he always seems to bring his nice table manners on the field
Spends to much time being a tackling machine for us, hard to be that enforcer in attack if you're making 40+ tackles a game.

Spends to much time being a tackling machine for us, hard to be that enforcer in attack if you're making 40+ tackles a game.
An enforcer physically hurts you and psychologically scars you in attack or defence

The moral of the story is

It is not how many runs or tackles you make

It is how you make them

Ian Roberts was one of our Many Great enforces and One of my favourites

Igor was my favourite

Back to Ian

Ian was not a dirty player but he really got down and dirty and rubbed it the oppositions faces

This is the character that was missing in our pack from last years finals

Intimidation and Aggression at its best ...

What about Spud Carroll, his hit on the Chief at Brooky will stay in my mind forever.

An enforcer physically hurts you and psychologically scars you in attack or defence

The moral of the story is

It is not how many runs or tackles you make

It is how you make them
You can't be doing 40+ tackles a match and all being bone crusher ones, it's not possible Bozo..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4