Keppie=Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is a little ungamely in build like as most good props are. Most of the better props have some physical attribute they exploit , low to the ground, lanky, speedy, , burly . He has something and he hits solid as well. He can stop a man.

So far to blood him and for the experience to have been so positive it should really inspire him for an off season .

Boyle, paseka, sipley and chuck keppie in the mix to back up the starting 2 and you would expect some healthy focus by the young brigade.

did he even play last night? Barely heard his name called all night.

That said Waddell was huge, it was like there was 2 of him on the field.

Y'know I just looking at his stats to check and then your joke clicked.

@:blush:@:blush:@:blush:

Fantastic game from him. That young, 2nd game, elimination final, starting in the middle and plenty of players out - that pressure would be enough to cripple most players.

He showed that he has the mental toughness to be a very good player. I praise Des for starting him and backing him.

I think we have unearthed an absolute star here in Keppie. Runs hard good leg drive, silky ball skills, runs a good line, great defensive technique and works hard and plays with passion and a bit of aggression. He's the complete package, He was massive for us tonight.
Geez we have some superstars coming through!
What a team we have for years to come.

Well said Robbo ... apart from the positive skills you have listed ... he also brings 2 of the most important attributes of the really good props ...

1) .. He appears metally, physically and emotionaly invested in winning .... he doesn't just play by the numbers ... in short .. he has a footballers feel for the game ...

2) .. He is a pack animal ... he backed up AFB and was his wingman all night .... instinctively knows the value of a combined unit ...and the right play at the right time ....

... I know I will cop grief for this .. but I would consider starting him and AFB and bringing Marty of the bench to bolster our interchange ....

PSS ... and a quick thank you to Braddles Arffur for not knowing a good footballer even if he was up him ... until he bit him on the back of the neck ... another good junior offload by Parra ...

Has improved out of sight from some of his earlier games at Black Town . Showed some good signs against the Eels last week but went to a much higher level last night . Full praise to the Manly coaching staff and to the Lad for an exceptional effort last night . Great if he can keep it up and Sipley wasn "t too shabby either during his short stints last night .

Think after last night he deserves a nick name. Thoughts anyone ? “The Kepper” could be a working title for now

Fantastic performance from the young fella, right from the get go running on the field the way he did, he was fired up and excited. That's stuff is contagious had me geared up just watching that. Sometimes that can go against a young guy trying to hard but he ripped in and supported AFB with a solid game.
Hope we keep in the 17 next week, hope he is signed for a few years to come.

We should probably consider Keppie starting with AFB, and then Taupau and Sipley/Guacamole off the bench for continuous forward dominance. Wouldn't mind if Taupau starts either but if Keppie starts he can get into the match early and set up his confidence. Then Souths would be relieved when one of AFB or Keppie are subbed off, only to have Martin Taupau come on and shut down any middle momentum they were trying to gain in that next period. Keppie was absolutely outstanding. Very competitive for every meter

Super good game from this big young fellow last night I was thrilled for him and for team. Jesus how good is our forward pack going to be next year?!!! FORWARD DOMINANCE will be our hallmark we will have absolute bullish power and no small amount of skill both on the field and charging off the bench. We're going to fair dinkum terrify some teams, can't wait. And that's before we even finish enjoying this year!!!

A ridiculous performance in only his 2nd game, he pretty much owned the big name Sharks pack, along with AFB we now have a super rotation in the front row

Agree. He outplayed many internationals tonight. He never seemed to be spent and was always in the thick of it. I can't remember him doing too much wrong but I can remember him doing a hell of a lot right.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6