Kent is the biggest dribbler on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Agree. I have been very surprised with how well Gordie has gone. No shouting. Very polite and listens very carefully to the other panelists and then makes some very good points. Almost the opposite of Paul Kent.

It’s been a much better show without Kent and his negativity.
No matter how Kent's matter plays out in court (and you never know in cases like this), I hope the powers at Fox have also noticed how much better their show - and channel - is without him on it.

Kenty has gone to ground, lt's like he never existed. It just amazes me that Anasty hasn't commented on Kent, just a short statement, he deserves this at least ,him being the original co-host from the very start. Kenty must be under the NRL stand down rule as well....not looking good for him at all.
Anasta did comment the first day Kent was gone, a short statement about "Tallis filling in this week while Kent attends to a personal matter" or something like that.
Nothing to do with the NRL that Kent is stood down, as @patorick2010 says. It's standard in certain industries to do that to protect your brand, and having someone front and centre on TV each day is definitely one of those situations. He'd be on full pay until a court decision presumably.

As for 360 show, I took a look recently and it looks like they've been told to ramp up the stupid shouting matches again. Why I do not know, it's childish and makes it all pretty unwatchable.

Anasta did comment the first day Kent was gone, a short statement about "Tallis filling in this week while Kent attends to a personal matter" or something like that.
Nothing to do with the NRL that Kent is stood down, as @patorick2010 says. It's standard in certain industries to do that to protect your brand, and having someone front and centre on TV each day is definitely one of those situations. He'd be on full pay until a court decision presumably.

As for 360 show, I took a look recently and it looks like they've been told to ramp up the stupid shouting matches again. Why I do not know, it's childish and makes it all pretty unwatchable.
Just being sarcastic, in regards to the NRL stand down policy.

Not a bad thread topic right there :)
You could call it 'Not his fault of course' because totally right that boom players aren't responsible for the crazy media frenzy, and it's kind of unfair to laugh at players who aren't as good as some dumb experts thought they were. Nevertheless I can think of a couple of nominations :)
Yeah there’s plenty. Sualli another from the chooks. I know he’s young but I’ve just not seen it with Walker. The other thing is, he’s playing in a stacked team as well. Imagine him in the Tigers or Sts - who knows perhaps he’d be better at s lesser club without the expectation. Weren’t some suggesting he’d be qld 7 this year? Lol not even close.

Yeah there’s plenty. Sualli another from the chooks. I know he’s young but I’ve just not seen it with Walker. The other thing is, he’s playing in a stacked team as well. Imagine him in the Tigers or Sts - who knows perhaps he’d be better at s lesser club without the expectation. Weren’t some suggesting he’d be qld 7 this year? Lol not even close.
I think the Roosters are a big part of Sam Walker’s problem. He is a very talented footballer but very young and inexperienced. For all the wonderful things he does (great cut out passes, nifty short balls to edge forwards and a nice show and go), he is going to make some pretty horrible mistakes at in opportune moments. Enter the Roosters, who are so arrogant, they demand success and perfection from everyone, regardless of whether they’re still developing their game. If you don’t help them rocket to the top of the ladder and challenge for a premiership, you must not be cut out for it and you get thrown on the scrap heap.

If Walker was to develop at a bottom feeder club, he’d be given the necessary allowances to build his game over seasons. Nathan Cleary is a great example of that. He showed promise early, but was far from the finished product and was limited with the ball in hand. Two premierships later and I bet the Panthers are glad they stuck solid.

All this talk of the Walker/Keary combo being too similar is interesting. Don’t recruit him in the first place if he is not the right fit. He’d also have Cronk in his ear about playing percentages and yes, that’ll help, but it still won’t prevent the occasional howling error.

It’s great to see the Chooks panic anyway!

It’s great to see the Chooks panic anyway
Chooks are in big trouble, I picked it a few weeks ago after they resigned JWH and Tupou, it's an ageing squad and for various reasons big names on very big dollars are doing bugger all, such as Brandon Smith, Crichton and Manu, all of whom they'll still be stuck with.

They'll try to buy their way out of trouble as they usually do but this time I think their roster has gone quite out of shape. Started the year as premiership favourites and running 12th with the worst attack in the league. It's hilarious.

I think the Roosters are a big part of Sam Walker’s problem. He is a very talented footballer but very young and inexperienced. For all the wonderful things he does (great cut out passes, nifty short balls to edge forwards and a nice show and go), he is going to make some pretty horrible mistakes at in opportune moments. Enter the Roosters, who are so arrogant, they demand success and perfection from everyone, regardless of whether they’re still developing their game. If you don’t help them rocket to the top of the ladder and challenge for a premiership, you must not be cut out for it and you get thrown on the scrap heap.

If Walker was to develop at a bottom feeder club, he’d be given the necessary allowances to build his game over seasons. Nathan Cleary is a great example of that. He showed promise early, but was far from the finished product and was limited with the ball in hand. Two premierships later and I bet the Panthers are glad they stuck solid.

All this talk of the Walker/Keary combo being too similar is interesting. Don’t recruit him in the first place if he is not the right fit. He’d also have Cronk in his ear about playing percentages and yes, that’ll help, but it still won’t prevent the occasional howling error.

It’s great to see the Chooks panic anyway!
I think Walker is stifled by the way the Chooks are set up, coming through his dad and uncle would have had him playing off the top of his head, and he is now being asked to play an unnatural role in a side, and he has gone ok without being spectacular within those constraints

Cronk is one of the most boring people on the planet, from playing style to TV role, and they’ll be trying to fit a round peg in Walker into a square hole in Cronk

Last edited:
Chooks are in big trouble, I picked it a few weeks ago after they resigned JWH and Tupou, it's an ageing squad and for various reasons big names on very big dollars are doing bugger all, such as Brandon Smith, Crichton and Manu, all of whom they'll still be stuck with.

They'll try to buy their way out of trouble as they usually do but this time I think their roster has gone quite out of shape. Started the year as premiership favourites and running 12th with the worst attack in the league. It's hilarious.
It's like a domino effect, so many chook players have lost form and all at the same rime. Robbo at pressers looks like he's on meds, used to give long rambling sermons, which used to send the jurnos asleep. Now he just looks like a stuned mullet, with no answers. Long may this continue.

Getting back to commentators again, the fog horn who does the ch9.games, nick name is "salty" I really thought he was only a fill in till they found someone else. This guy is grating to listen to, you know how he's going to react with every play, he's worse than Vossy. At this stage I'd even offer Ginnane the gig, rather than the ch9 fog horn.

Getting back to commentators again, the fog horn who does the ch9.games, nick name is "salty" I really thought he was only a fill in till they found someone else. This guy is grating to listen to, you know how he's going to react with every play, he's worse than Vossy. At this stage I'd even offer Ginnane the gig, rather than the ch9 fog horn.
The Channel 9 commentator squeals like a hyena suffering from severe hernia pain
He is also a Souths supporter
Worst commentator ever
I refuse to watch TCN 9 games

A
Agree. Plus, the Salty commentator lets long periods of play go by without saying anything, very strange.

One thing about Ray Warren starting out as a radio commentator, he told every detail of play, seemed like he didn’t like being interrupted.

A

Agree. Plus, the Salty commentator lets long periods of play go by without saying anything, very strange.

One thing about Ray Warren starting out as a radio commentator, he told every detail of play, seemed like he didn’t like being interrupted.
One thing about Rabs, he never overdid the hype, he had such a good feel for what the audience wanted to hear.

One thing about Rabs, he never overdid the hype, he had such a good feel for what the audience wanted to hear.
the thing about Rabs is he was authentic. There were times when he turned the hype up to 11, but because it was genuine, it worked. With pretty much all of the others, you can hear how manufactured the excitement is and that’s why it’s grating. You have to have a certain craziness and be genuinely moved by the action to make a good commentator. If you have to pretend you’re into it, the audience will pick up on it.

The one that really irks me is Vossy. He has a pretty mediocre sounding voice but to make matters worse, he is drunk on his own opinion and spends more time functioning like an analyst than a caller.

Has Kent been back to court yet?
Gee the media are quiet on this one.
Kenty has gone to ground, lt's like he never existed. It just amazes me that Anasty hasn't commented on Kent, just a short statement, he deserves this at least ,him being the original co-host from the very start. Kenty must be under the NRL stand down rule as well....not looking good for him at all.
I recall when Kent first went to court a month ago it was reported he returns in December for a 2 day hearing and meanwhile he's on bail. Apparently Anasta said at the time on NRL360 "he's been stood down to deal with personal issues".

I recall when Kent first went to court a month ago it was reported he returns in December for a 2 day hearing and meanwhile he's on bail. Apparently Anasta said at the time on NRL360 "he's been stood down to deal with personal issues".
In the meantime, I wonder if he's on full pay, these sort of cases tend to drag on on a bit.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8