Ken Arthurson says Steve Menzies is ‘simply amazing’

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles godfather Ken Arthurson has heaped praised on Steve Menzies for his performance in the Auckland Nines on the weekend.

The 40-year-old stalwart pulled on his famous headgear one more time and was not out of place against players up to 20 years his junior in a faster version of the game.

Read More

SEA Eagles godfather Ken Arthurson has heaped praised on Steve Menzies for his performance in the Auckland Nines on the weekend.

The 40-year-old stalwart pulled on his famous headgear one more time and was not out of place against players up to 20 years his junior in a faster version of the game.

“Beaver is one of my all favourite all time players,” Arthurson told the Manly Daily.

“He is an amazing person, he really is.

“He has just been an absolutely outstanding player and to continue to player as well as he did at 40-years-old is simply amazing.”

Arthurson said he watched Menzies play a game for French club Catalans in the Super League last year where he was named man of the match.

But Menzies do not get the send off he would have liked after the Sea Eagles missed the finals after going down to the Raiders 18-4 on Sunday.

While disappointed Manly had not gone further in the competition, Menzies said playing in the Nines tournament was a great experience.

“I’ve had a great weekend and I loved playing and hanging around with the boys and just being a part of the team again, back in the Manly jersey,” he said.

Thanks for all those who came and thanks to the club, Tooves and the boys for letting me come in and have this little bit of enjoyment,” Menzies said.

“It was a privileged to come back and play for the Sea Eagles.

”It was an absolute pleasure and thanks for having me back for the last couple of days”

“I feel good. Just disappointed in the result and that I didn’t sneak over for a try.

Menzies has now packed away his boots and has jumped straight back into his career off the field.

“I’m straight back in to work with the Club as an ambassador to try to boost memberships and people coming to the games,” he said.

Yesterday the Sea Eagles were anxiously awaiting scan results on winger David “Wolfman” Williams who may have suffered an ACL tear to his knee which could rule him out for the season.

Backrower Michael Chee Kam has an elbow injury that is expected to sideline him for between four to six weeks.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/ken-arthurson-says-steve-menzies-is-simply-amazing/story-fngr8iii-1226829351759

Beaver has become my favourite all time Manly player.
I still regard Bob Fulton as the best Manly player, but Beaver is a bit more likeable.
Wouldn't it be great seeing Beaver, with headgear on, running the water and giving on-field instructions for Tooves this season?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6