Kelly aims for Matai's spot at Manly

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by BOZO, Feb 26, 2017.

By BOZO on Feb 26, 2017 at 5:40 PM
  1. BOZO

By:BOZOFeb 26, 2017
    2019 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
    Ratings:
    +16,056 /707
    by Scott Bailey, AAP
    February 26

He's yet to meet Steve Matai in person, but Manly youngster Brian Kelly is hoping to replicate his feats in the left centre position at Manly.

Brought down from the Gold Coast a year early by the Sea Eagles, 20-year-old Kelly is favoured to fill the key left centre role left open by Matai's injury-forced retirement.

A speedy option on the left-edge, Kelly has impressed a number of his teammates at the Sea Eagles over the off-season, putting his pace on show when he scored three tries at the Auckland Nines and another in their trial win over South Sydney a fortnight ago.

Read more: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/c468eae836dcb238dfd27055241de495

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by BOZO, Feb 26, 2017.

1. eadie fan

By:eadie fanFeb 27, 2017

Likes Given:
        Ratings:
        +445 /10
        Fair enough but my understanding is that they still are being paid for this year and I would have thought that they would be very valuable at training sessions. Surely if they still have contracts for this year, they would be happy to help out the team, even if they cant't train? All to do with being part of a team. I'd expect them to be there at the games this year, unless they are paid out for the year and no longer part of the team.

I'd hate to think that they would be happy to keep receiving a pay check and do nothing for it. Massive fan of Steve and hope he can impart his tackling technique onto some of the young guys!

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Woodsie

By:WoodsieFeb 27, 2017
          played strong, done good.

Likes Given:
          Ratings:
          +20,193 /417
          I hope you people remember you are talking about a kid who is yet to play a first grade game ...

• Agree Agree x 2