Keiren Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Was reading RLW last night and the article in there about him

Must admit it was actually a bit worrying to read, when the kid directly comes out and says "I really want to play with my brother again at some point, and will consider leaving Manly to do that" or words along those lines

If he is going to be as good as we all think he will/can be, does anybody think it would be worth offering Liam Foran a deal with us, even if we don't think he will make it to NRL standard ???

why does he think his brother will make it to the highest level like he may.

His brother has been rejected by a few clubs now..

This kid has as much raps on him as B Stewart did before he hit the big time, but hasnt had the same impact....

actually he has the same raps Cuthbo had on him

Dan link said:
This kid has as much raps on him as B Stewart did before he hit the big time, but hasnt had the same impact....

Hardly. From Flegg up, Stewart was going to be our best fullback since Eadie.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
If he is going to be as good as we all think he will/can be, does anybody think it would be worth offering Liam Foran a deal with us, even if we don't think he will make it to NRL standard ???

Hard for us to make a decision without knowing what's happening with Reserve Grade & the Sunshine Coast sides next year. If we have both I think we would be silly not to sign him as a backup behind Orford / Hodkinson & Cherry-Evans

He's pretty small and he hasn't done that much so far - he's solid but hardly a superstar as yet, next year should be a better indication of how he'll go / grow / develop, you need to be careful the way the game is these days that you don't end up with the smallest backline in the comp - something we need to be very careful of.

I watched Liam running around with Newtown.  Good, but not great.  hard to see him getting an NRL gig.

CliffyIsGod link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181326.msg236235#msg236235 date=1249966975]

[/quote]

"From Flegg up"

oh how time changes memories!

From what we have seen of K Foran so far

He is a top defender for a halve, shown by knocking over the Raiders big boys all day long when they thought they had an easy mark

He has the ability that top footy players seem to have, he is in the right place at the right time. We can either put that down to luck, or an ability to read the game ahead of it happening

Passing game seems ok, and he seems a strong runner as well

Kicking game we haven't really seen a lot of

A lot of those qualities are getting rare to find these days, and that is the main reason I want us to keep him long term

There is no way that Liam will play NRL at the roosters with Carney and Pearce there to cover the half back role.

Maybe we could buy Liam and play him on the wing instead of the dinosour?

DSM5 link said:
I watched Liam running around with Newtown.  Good, but not great.  hard to see him getting an NRL gig.
So I take it you rate Liam only slightly ahead of Ox?

I don't mean this to sound racist in any way whatsoever, but I find the Kiwi's that come to Australia to play NRL have the lowest loyalty count of any sport - so I find Kieran's comments not surprising. They come over to get the biggest buck, in the shortest time - without affinity for a clubs brand, or their fans.

You won't find a Kiwi version of Steve Menzies in Australia - put it that way.

I know that's generalising, but I think it to be correct.

Just like JWH, if The Roosters offer Keiran $10- more to play for them a year, and turn his back quicker on Manly faster than you can say salary cap.

Dan link said:
[quote author=CliffyIsGod link=topic=181326.msg236236#msg236236 date=1249967352]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181326.msg236235#msg236235 date=1249966975]

[/quote]

"From Flegg up"

oh how time changes memories!
[/quote]

I may have been distracted by his good looks, but I remember being impressed by him when he was in lower grades too.. I was completely devo'd when he got injured in that parra game way back when..

On another Brett Stewart note - I wonder if it's worth signing both for the sake of one ( a la Stewart boys).. Glenn wasn't impressive at first, bit that all turned out well. Do we think that Liam is showing as much potential as Glenn did? Is it worth taking a punt on Liam to keep Kieran?

I'm not sure.

Absolutely from Flegg up the club new he would make a very good first grade player.

Flegg is what, under 18's? -- that's not that young, really. It not like I am saying the club new he was going to be Aust. rep standard when he was playing for the Devils.

Ryan link said:
I don't mean this to sound racist in any way whatsoever, but I find the Kiwi's that come to Australia to play NRL have the lowest loyalty count of any sport - so I find Kieran's comments not surprising. They come over to get the biggest buck, in the shortest time - without affinity for a clubs brand, or their fans.

You won't find a Kiwi version of Steve Menzies in Australia - put it that way.

I know that's generalising, but I think it to be correct.

Just like JWH, if The Roosters offer Keiran $10- more to play for them a year, and turn his back quicker on Manly faster than you can say salary cap.
Ryan you are making a dead set goose of yourself with this argument. I can only assume Dan has offered you some sort of incentive to try to drum up a controversy and get some debate going.

CliffyIsGod link said:
Absolutely from Flegg up the club new he would make a very good first grade player.

Flegg is what, under 18's? -- that's not that young, really. It not like I am saying the club new he was going to be Aust. rep standard when he was playing for the Devils.

so pretty much the same as Kieren Foran

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4