Keiran Foran press conference tomorrow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan said:
He's gone, and already signed elsewhere, as I said.

Hey Ryan, apart from what you overheard a few months ago in a cafe, what makes you so sure of this?

I thought he might be gone, but now not so much and I damn hope not.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Ryan said:
I'm sure he would have come out with it by now ryan surely.

If Ryan says he is gone then I have been told by him that that is an absolute certainty. Any hopes I had that he may be a Sea Eagle's captain are just a pipe dream. Finished. Not worthy of a thank you for winning a Premiership. Cya K! apparently.

This does not reflect well on the Penns, to be so out of the loop that they publicly declare they want the kid to stay when it's common knowledge he's already gone. Makes them look pretty stupid actually.

Though an alternative scenario would be funny. Imagine if Foran was planning to stay but eventually was driven away by the constant hammering from fans saying he's gone and he's cancer and he didn't even put an effort in this year. Is that what they call a self-fulfilling prophecy?

So I'm going to try a different approach. "Hey Kieran, thanks in advance for staying with Manly" ;)

ManlyBacker said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Ryan said:

If Ryan says he is gone then I have been told by him that that is an absolute certainty. Any hopes I had that he may be a Sea Eagle's captain are just a pipe dream. Finished. Not worthy of a thank you for winning a Premiership. Cya K! apparently.

This confuses me. :s Are posters here claiming that they know 100% that Foz has signed elsewhere? If he has he should say it so the club can develop Plan B. Hope he stays.

no way has Foran already signed elsewhere. If Foran has signed elsewhere, there is no reason why Manly wouldn't announce it and nip the whole thing in the bud and move on.

If you believe that a forum poster knows about it because he is was in cafe, and somehow this "inside" information has reached him, but not the administration at the club, you are extremely gullible.

There is absolutely no reason why the club would keep it silent if he has gone elsewhere, and there is no reason why supporters would find out before the administration of our club.

niccipops said:
ManlyBacker said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Ryan said:

This confuses me. :s Are posters here claiming that they know 100% that Foz has signed elsewhere? If he has he should say it so the club can develop Plan B. Hope he stays.

No.

'Posters' is plural, and means more than one poster.

bones said:
No. 'Posters' is plural, and means more than one poster.

Lol Bones. I actually meant the plural version. That's why I said 'are posters here' instead of 'is a poster here'. I can't tell who's serious or not half the time so I didn't really know how to interpret MB's post.

I get you. A poster. It's from one Silvertail.
I used to have the plural version of a poster stuck on my wall. One of Christopher Atkins. Lol. One of David Bowie and one of the then love of my life, the mighty teenage Phil Blake.:)

Go Manly!

Ryan said:

Hi, I don't post much but I read & Ryan you do my head in - are you a Manly supporter or just a nark. I have never read anything you say that is good about Manly. How in the world would you know what Kieran is doing? We can all speculate and guess but none of us will know until he tells us.

Well here is a more somewhat positive article about it:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/kieran-foran-to-make-decision-on-his-future-at-manly-before-start-of-nrl-season-20141203-11zavo.html

Well that's good news, we won't have to wait too long for Silvertails most epic of fails or it's greatest ever "I told you so" thread.

I was worried this dribble was going to go on all next year. My gut feel is if he is willing to announce it before the season starts then he is staying, but I don't frequent many cafes around the northern beaches so I can't be certain.

From the way it looks, Foran wants to have a break from footy and then sort out his future when he gets back to training.

A lot has changed at the club in the last couple of months.

He will probably want to chat with his mate Choc and see how things are going for him away from Manly. He will also want to see how the club is functioning now that the Penn's have taken control. And see what the team harmony is like now that Choc and Glenn have left, and the new guys have joined. And then there will be the issues with what the Penn's see for the future of the club, the team, the players and what DCE will be doing in 2016.

Lets hope Foran comes to his senses and realises that there is no better team to play for than the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Rodo said:
From the way it looks, Foran wants to have a break from footy and then sort out his future when he gets back to training.

A lot has changed at the club in the last couple of months.

He will probably want to chat with his mate Choc and see how things are going for him away from Manly. He will also want to see how the club is functioning now that the Penn's have taken control. And see what the team harmony is like now that Choc and Glenn have left, and the new guys have joined. And then there will be the issues with what the Penn's see for the future of the club, the team, the players and what DCE will be doing in 2016.

Lets hope Foran comes to his senses and realises that there is no better team to play for than the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

This is spot on the money I reckon.

bones said:
niccipops said:
ManlyBacker said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Ryan said:

No.

'Posters' is plural, and means more than one poster.

Maybe it's Bill Posters. I feel sorry for that guy. He's always being prosecuted.

Gut feeling - if he was going to leave he would have left when De$gate left. The pressure on him to leave would have been a lot more intense then than now. He will stay.

Ryan said:

Could it be that he had his mind set on leaving before the Penn's bought Quantum out? If so, that still does not mean he had already signed a contract elsewhere. I have no doubts in my mind that Brett Stewart would be playing elsewhere in 2015 had Quantum and also Dave Perry still been around. I believe he is happy to stay now. Why can't Kieran be the same? Even if it is true that he said he wanted out, things have changed dramatically within the club recently and Kieran has publicly said that he thinks the Penn buy-out was a very good thing.

bones said:
Ryan said:

Could it be that he had his mind set on leaving before the Penn's bought Quantum out? If so, that still does not mean he had already signed a contract elsewhere. I have no doubts in my mind that Brett Stewart would be playing elsewhere in 2015 had Quantum and also Dave Perry still been around. I believe he is happy to stay now. Why can't Kieran be the same. Even if it is true that he said he wanted out, things have changed dramatically within the club recently and Kieran has publicly said that he thinks the Penn buy-out was a very good thing.

Even if he has signed it hasn't been registered by the NRL and he could renege on any contract. He is signed for 2015 with Manly so we have the last bid on his services.

The interesting factor here is that he's said all options are on the table, but also that he clearly doesn't want it to be another saga like last year.

One would imagine that signing elsewhere and playing out 2015 at Manly would clearly lead to a similar saga - player issues and questions around early releases, etc especially as the Watmough/GS issue is still right there in the rear view.

So he may be playing the "all options" card to gain leverage in his negotiations when he really wants to resign. Why else would you wait until right before the season starts? If he signed elsewhere the juju at the club to kick off the campaign would be terrible.

Anyway, that's my amateur psychologist 2 cents...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2