keep politics out of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scoring is difficult but I certainly think the general standard of play has taken a leap forward this off season.
Gotta say , this has been the most casual off season for a fair while.

Im not sure if the protagonists are just staying off here until a few weeks before kick off , but it’s been , refreshingly, quiet.

Gotta say , this has been the most casual off season for a fair while.

Im not sure if the protagonists are just staying off here until a few weeks before kick off , but it’s been , refreshingly, quiet.
As this is my first off season on ANY forum, not just Silvertails, it sounds like I should look back thru the archives for some popcorn entertainment. @:D

@Eagles4Life ( not wanting to get involved in your direct exchanges with TC) I am quite interested in this topic and have said from the outset that I don’t think the women’s NRL game will work and should not be artificially propped up. I am very happy!!! to be proven wrong. In having read the data insights provided by gemba. In my current job I come across these type of papers all the time especially from the big 4….Data in general can be construed to make any kind of argument these days especially ones supporting populist values. :). Given that this reports scope is based around the expansion of the men’s game and that increasing general participation including the women’s game is only one of 8 frames where this is viewed. The data presented appears somewhat limited in my opinion. Definitely not enough evidence to make any claims that this paper is some kind of indisputable proof that the women's game is going to be profitable in its own right or even some kind of loss leader indirectly propping up the men’s game. ( this is however of course a possibility )
The data presented essentially says that via correlation with the experience of other sports investing in the women’s game more specifically the AFL and cricket Australia that the NRL should/ could experience the same outcomes. Noting that Cricket Australia’s current results are not exactly a raging success. Rugby league is physically a very different sport to just about any other sport played in Australia, this includes AFL. The unique physical demands of NRL need to be considered when looking at participation or more aptly trying to increase it. I believe that these physical demands will limit participation with women more than any other alternative sport. Until this is thoroughly understood no one can make any indisputable claims either way but share their view. I trust you will not see my view as somehow sexist or one projecting some kind of nasty bias.
Thanks, @Red Pill . I cannot see where I have made any "indisputable claims"? I have simply pointed out to Technical Clown that the Gemba research goes well beyond his nonsensical claims that it "is pure marketing speak an introduction to Marketing Fundamentals part 1 level."

I seriously question the clown's ability to comprehend anything outside his predetermined and somewhat Jurassic ideas and personal agendas about ANY of the topics that have been previously discussed. IMHO @Technical Coach is a tool of the highest order, and I am more than happy not to provide him with more opportunities to interpret/reinterpret our previous conversations.

Last edited:
Thanks, @Red Pill . I cannot see where I have made any "indisputable claims"? I have simply pointed out to Technical Clown that the Gemba research goes well beyond his nonsensical claims that it "is pure marketing speak an introduction to Marketing Fundamentals part 1 level."

I seriously question the clown's ability to comprehend anything outside his predetermined and somewhat Jurassic ideas and personal agendas about ANY of the topics that have been previously discussed. IMHO @Technical Coach is a tool of the highest order, and I am more than happy not to provide him with more opportunities to interpret/reinterpret our previous conversations.
I was generally speaking mate. I believe I said “ no one” can make indisputable claims. I just wanted to review the paper for myself. I guess in context to any research on the women’s game etc. As i pointed out I do not believe it’s was comprehensive enough on this specific subject. I think a lot more could be gained from a more targeted analysis that goes somewhat deeper.

Your exchanges with TC are certainly providing some entertainment in the off season to other ST members.. :)

I was generally speaking mate. I believe I said “ no one” can make indisputable claims. I just wanted to review the paper for myself. I guess in context to any research on the women’s game etc. As i pointed out I do not believe it’s was comprehensive enough on this specific subject. I think a lot more could be gained from a more targeted analysis that goes somewhat deeper.

Your exchanges with TC are certainly providing some entertainment in the off season to other ST members.. :)
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

Last edited:

Agreed, @Red Pill Just quietly, I think he takes the exchanges far more personally than me. ;) @;)@;)

Last edited:
The usual suspects oppose putting money into the women's game. Surprise, surprise. Given that the NRL pays the very healthy salaries of all 510 (Top 30 for 17 teams) NRL players and essentially provides all the infrastructure and marketing, don'tcha think you're being just a tad petty?
NRL can do as they please doesn't change the fact that the NRL's revenue since day one is easily over 95% derived from the male game and the interest in the male game. It is paramount that this side is in a healthy state for a prolonged period along with expansion settled in before investing in high risk low return elements like fostering the womens game in large amounts.

No problem with the female game attracting incremental investment relative to the real female interest in participation and female game supporter rates, not based off hype and the non sustainable high growth initial stages off a low baseline interest.

The problem is Rugby League is one of the toughest most physical sports this planet has which means women are going to struggle expanding the participation rates for continued growth and attendances will never be enough to fund its existence. At best it is a loss leader to the NRL and there are far more better alternatives in the loss leading department that haven't been fully exhausted yet like getting a national game for starters.

The interest from women in the female game and participation rates will be limited for the most part to certain typse of women which doesn't lend itself to broad appeal, now don't twist this statement to be "anti women" as it doesn't apply to all sports.

If the US(the country with the best marketing depts in sport) can't even make the womens game profitable for the WNBA after two to three decades, in a sport more women are likely to participate in what chance does Womens Rugby League have.

If Manly are flushed with ample disposable funds and shown a healthy balance sheet for a decade i am fine if Manly invest into a womens team(still wasteful investment in my eyes but there are far worse examples of wasteful expenditure in the history of the game that is for sure) but right now i am totally against it.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Ned
Agreed, @Red Pill Just quietly, I think he takes the exchanges far more personally than me. ;) @;)@;)
Od GIF by MCDM
Just quietly i've only been inspired to drag the commentary along to hold you and SER8 to account, my interest or care in the subject matter is very limited at best be it the womens game or calling me a racist with no quotes to back it up or misogynist when i have showed ample examples where i follow and support womens sport.

Good luck living the simp life.

Just quietly i've only been inspired to drag the commentary along to hold you and SER8 to account, my interest or care in the subject matter is very limited at best be it the womens game or calling me a racist with no quotes to back it up or misogynist when i have showed ample examples where i follow and support womens sport.

Good luck living the simp life.
I guess that you are proudly living the polar opposite of the simp life @Technical Coach
This, by very definition, would designate you as a manipulative and abusive promoter of toxic masculinity. It would seem, Technical Clown, that you have yet again self-declared as a misogynist. Nice one, idiot.

Last edited:
On a lighter note
Groucho Marx makes a Mockery out of Politics
Here is the Marx Political Perspective ....

Politics is the art of looking for Trouble
Finding it Everywhere
Diagnosing it Incorrectly
and applying the Wrong remedies

I guess that you are proudly living the polar opposite of the simp life @Technical Coach
This, by very definition, would designate you as a manipulative and abusive promoter of toxic masculinity. It would seem, Technical Clown, that you have yet again self-declared as a misogynist. Nice one, idiot.
No a more balanced well rounded male mindset that has a soft side but doesn't try to package a female mindset in a male body like someone in these threads.

I bet you will struggle to define what is "Toxic Masculinity" beyond some lame reply of "it's you TC"

Do you even have "Toxic femininity" in your vocabulary, or do you only associate "Toxic" with male qualities only.

So to all those who've said in this thread, ‘Keep politics out of sport’ here's a simple question – do you say No to campaigns about things like discrimination?

If so, aren’t you really saying ‘Keep discrimination in Sport.’

No a more balanced well rounded male mindset that has a soft side but doesn't try to package a female mindset in a male body like someone in these threads.

I bet you will struggle to define what is "Toxic Masculinity" beyond some lame reply of "it's you TC"

Do you even have "Toxic femininity" in your vocabulary, or do you only associate "Toxic" with male qualities only.

@Technical Coach You obviously live in a very bitter and twisted world, mate. Your focus on sexuality and your rather "special" interpretation of behaviours associated with both gender and sexuality borders on the bizarre. Your world is all about simps, pimps and, in your case, probably gimps.

It's clearly a peculiar and definitely disturbing place to focus on, but you do you mate. (I'm guessing you do way too much of that last bit anyway.)

The fact that you cannot recognise these things within yourself says a lot more about you than it does about me. Stay strong to your fantastical delusions, and keep digging that hole.

Last edited:
So to all those who've said in this thread, ‘Keep politics out of sport’ here's a simple question – do you say No to campaigns about things like discrimination?

If so, aren’t you really saying ‘Keep discrimination in Sport.’

I think too many people confused what politics is.

Maybe more apt to have social issues as a reference instead of politics . Manly social issues resonate similarly or not so harmoniously across the full range of political outlooks but politics as a broad term and in relation to sport , probably will still continue as a mainstream reference even if a bit on the superficial side .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4